Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nights of Naberus: Hotfix 30.8.1

[DE]Megan

Fix for Eidolons getting "killed" with full lures and the Bounty failing when? 

Fix for abilities getting "cooldown timers" outside of ESO when??? I am not playing Lavos, if I wanted a cooldown timer on my abilities I'd play him. 

Spoiler

yRbPixO.png

• Like 8

Oh i forgot. Is there any god damn explanation about the Random cooldowns people get after using abilities, without being Lavos or having his subsumed ability, nor being in ESO or SO? Does it even make any sense? Yes it doesn't. Come an explain to me and everyone that has experienced this huge load of excrement, what the actual hell those cooldowns are!

• Like 9

vor 5 Minuten schrieb SplitzyPrime:

They take 60 hydrolyst captures to get each energize, meaning it takes over 1000 captures for the average Rank 5 arcane. They need to be more commonplace in the game.

and why is that? a *legendary* arcane should not fall  in your hands for logging in once a week and doing fun stuff. You  should earn it.  Also if you dont want to farm eidolons just farm sth else,sell it and  buy a set.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

and why is that? a *legendary* arcane should not fall  in your hands for logging in once a week and doing fun stuff. You  should earn it.  Also if you dont want to farm eidolons just farm sth else,sell it and  buy a set.

Grinding for an arcane in an event is still earning it. Don't blow my comment out of the water by acting like I want a freebie, I want ALTERNATIVE ways to farm an arcane, and I'm not going to buy one or do eidolons.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Rigtis_Minovsky said:

Never did that in my playtime and have tons of mother tokens just by farming argon crystals on iso vaults. They can take less than 15 minutes to complete or even faster if you have a mech. That method you mention is just plain laziness, not optimal at all.

You really don't understand what I'm talking about. The fastest mother token farm requires you to abort the latter 4 stages of a bounty and refresh because mother tokens per stage are the same until stage 5. This has nothing to do with laziness, it's the reward structure being left in a bad state for over a year.

7 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

Its more active  even than sitting on a spot waiting for enemies to spawn in Grineer stage or other time gated objectives, Tumor Cache spawn is not the best way because its some kind of bypass for all the ,,hard work'' its because you can influence the gain by skill and being active 100% of the time. Most objectives are bad and simply a mobile defense with a different name, ask yourself why Tumor Cache is the only objective people go or why they avoid all others.

Literally the first thing I stated:

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Don't bother justifying aborting 4 stages of a bounty

The intended mission path is to complete the full bounty. If that's not obvious then there's nothing more for me to say. People like Tumor Cache because it takes seconds to finish accumulating to more Mother Tokens per minute than a full Bounty, not because it's an active playstyle. Using an oversight to reduce the gameplay needed for maximum rewards is a big thing in this game. You're not fooling me.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

The wings look awsome but unfortunately I have no real use for them. There is one thing they would be great as though: Archwing skins. 

The day of the dead skin for Silva & Aegis is something I would buy if not for that big, silly looking skull on the shield that u can't even recolor.

And finally, why not just bring back the Jack O'naut for the Naberus. I only got to play that once back in my newbie days and i loved the whole spooky tileset thing. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

I agree with you, those Arcanes have that rarity for a reason! But as i said earlier, you do not know when your Eidolon will decide to spontaneously commit sudoku instead of being captured with the plentiful amounts of fully charged lures surrounding it and being visually tethered to it with ample amount of time of night left too. It literally removes any consistency one can expect from the farm.

Have that happen to you 3 times in a row during different night cycles, and your 60 Tridolon runs have suddenly become 90, and the 1000 goes to 3000 real quick. I don't think they should be more common, but at the bare god damn minimum the grind for it could be at least consistent to the point where there are no Run ending/resetting "bugs"

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

also why not bring back format as reward...

We just had a month-ish long event rewarding forma. Sure, you can't ever have enough forma but I can see how DE might find it bad to have month long events back to back rewarding it.

Edited by Megalomaniakaal
2 month long events back to back > month long events back to back

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed excessively bright explosion FX from the Shedu and Acceltra.

Xoris full charge throw explosion (not the heavy attack, that explosion is fine) with Volatile Quick Return is also quite blinding, any fix for that?

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, --TL--Sui said:

thanks for the hotfix :)

please fix at least some of the major conclave exploits, public lobbies have been painful to play in for some time now :(

Yes please. For example, as mentioned in the dev stream thread:

• Telos Boltace -- could simply be disabled if not reset to its pre Old Blood behaviour. Ragdolls on players should never have been a thing. E.g.:
    Spoiler

N2Ogr6z.png

th1xSDB.png

tYb1Vgz.png

305EkJ8.png

WiPoa1a.png

• Wolf Sledge -- its throw has it all: very high damage and range, retained the super-fast Glaive wind-up, homing projectile, knockdown, AoE explosions (both automatic and manually triggered) and can melee block while throwing, negating 100% of incoming shots in that direction. Here's an example clip.

• Fall-off bug. Causes a lot of shotguns and snipers to deal PvE damage (min. fall-off) instead of the originally balanced numbers. Has been reported numerous times over months. Latest here:

Spoiler

• Saryn's passive + any electric weapon. A bug introduced with the damage type rework makes it possible for Electric procs to refresh themselves. This gets exploited by some to get an unavoidable damage source which ultimately just kills without being able to do much about it. Especially problematic with AoE like from Castanas.

There are more problems, but these are some of the worst offenders right now. People would already be happy if you just disabled e.g. Telos Boltace and Wolf Sledge if you don't want to take the time to fix the bugs/balance properly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

There are more problems, but these are some of the worst offenders right now. People would already be happy if you just disabled e.g. Telos Boltace and Wolf Sledge if you don't want to take the time to fix the bugs/balance properly.

Telos Boltace, Wolf Sledge and the Falloff bug literally make up for half the frustration with conclave and are a huge contributor to why so few people still want to play it. Those 3 things being fixed could very well bring the mode back to life with how many old conclave players would return just to celebrate it, and how many new players would have a much easier time getting into it due to not having these specific weapons used against them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, --TL--Sui said:

Telos Boltace, Wolf Sledge and the Falloff bug literally make up for half the frustration with conclave and are a huge contributor to why so few people still want to play it. Those 3 things being fixed could very well bring the mode back to life with how many old conclave players would return just to celebrate it, and how many new players would have a much easier time getting into it due to not having these specific weapons used against them.

I like your optimism, but I think the problems go far deeper than that. 

If DE wants to get new people into conclave, they are going to have to reintroduce it with events and a bunch of other hoopla. 

Apart from big time conclave players, who is going to notice or even care? 

When I've tried a couple times to play conclave in the past, the problem I found was that even if I did want to get past the bunny hopping and everything else that is bizarre to experienced pvp players coming from other games, there was just almost no one even playing. I could only find two other people to even play with and this was at peak play times in EST America region one of the biggest and most active. 

I've been told before what you need to do is put anyone who plays pvp on your friends list and try to jump into their active sessions, and they will be happy to see others playing and you will soon become part of the underground pvp group that way. 

And that's cool and all that such a community exists and that if I put in the effort I could be a part of it and still work my way up through PvP. 

But on DE's part, that's terrible game design. The fact ya'll are holding up a PvP community at all in the background is commendable, but if you have to play the "add anyone I can find who is playing to my friends list and look for matchmaking by joining sessions game" just to find a game with a decent number of people, there is something far deeper wrong than it being neglected for a long time or a bunch of meta weapons making things silly and not being addressed for too long. 

To the average Warframe player PvP doesn't even EXIST. I think the problems are very deep, and if DE wants it to stay in game, they need to make some serious changes and revamps. Right now I see no need to remove it. The players who still enjoy it get something out of it and DE isn't really spending time or money on development for it. So I'm not one of those bitter jerks who wants it to go. I'd love for it to be a great alternate game mode I can blow off steam on. But right now, matchmaking is the biggest issue. I like to randomly pub, and I myself am probably never going to get into conclave if I can't find robust activity from randoms in random public matchmaking. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I like your optimism, but I think the problems go far deeper than that. 

If DE wants to get new people into conclave, they are going to have to reintroduce it with events and a bunch of other hoopla. 

Apart from big time conclave players, who is going to notice or even care? 

When I've tried a couple times to play conclave in the past, the problem I found was that even if I did want to get past the bunny hopping and everything else that is bizarre to experienced pvp players coming from other games, there was just almost no one even playing. I could only find two other people to even play with and this was at peak play times in EST America region one of the biggest and most active. 

I've been told before what you need to do is put anyone who plays pvp on your friends list and try to jump into their active sessions, and they will be happy to see others playing and you will soon become part of the underground pvp group that way. 

And that's cool and all that such a community exists and that if I put in the effort I could be a part of it and still work my way up through PvP. 

But on DE's part, that's terrible game design. The fact ya'll are holding up a PvP community at all in the background is commendable, but if you have to play the "add anyone I can find who is playing to my friends list and look for matchmaking by joining sessions game" just to find a game with a decent number of people, there is something far deeper wrong than it being neglected for a long time or a bunch of meta weapons making things silly and not being addressed for too long. 

To the average Warframe player PvP doesn't even EXIST. I think the problems are very deep, and if DE wants it to stay in game, they need to make some serious changes and revamps. Right now I see no need to remove it. The players who still enjoy it get something out of it and DE isn't really spending time or money on development for it. So I'm not one of those bitter jerks who wants it to go. I'd love for it to be a great alternate game mode I can blow off steam on. But right now, matchmaking is the biggest issue. I like to randomly pub, and I myself am probably never going to get into conclave if I can't find robust activity from randoms in random public matchmaking. 

You have some points, but conclave was still pretty well populated before update 26 - The Kuva LichTM Update - which gave players the ability to ragdoll anyone, a state in which they are not only at the mercy of anyone around them, but also bypass death barriers, allowing them to potentially get softlocked and having to abort the match.

Later on, damage on weapons with falloff just kinda broke - i'm not talking that these weapons become "meta" due to having stats a bit better than the rest, i'm talking 1600 damage with spread and no falloff - in a mode where you barely get around 300 EHP.

I'm unsure when the Wolf Sledge became this broken, but i think it was also within the last 2 years.

The main point is though - 2 years ago, conclave was active. You could easily find lobbies without having to comb through your friends list of 30+ conclave players to find that one match on eastern european servers with 5 players, 3 of them using Tigris Prime + Telos Boltace. Since then these major exploits have slipped in, and caused the playerbase to massively decrease in size.

Events are a good idea too as you said already, a good option would be bringing back the Variant gamemode, which is especially nice for newer players as they don't have to worry about gear difference or a lack of PVP mods. Another option would be reintroducing seasonal events like Snowday Showdown, maybe with some nice rewards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FSK41 said:

Its more active  even than sitting on a spot waiting for enemies to spawn in Grineer stage or other time gated objectives, Tumor Cache spawn is not the best way because its some kind of bypass for all the ,,hard work'' its because you can influence the gain by skill and being active 100% of the time. Most objectives are bad and simply a mobile defense with a different name, ask yourself why Tumor Cache is the only objective people go or why they avoid all others.

A true veteran giving us a weak answer like that...