[Index] Can Anyo corps get lots of points without killing?

(PSN)Akmiester

Question

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jAdwUs2shH9Gwpzc6 (posting from my phone, let me know if my image link doesn't work, I describe the end screen pretty well in my post though)

TlDflr; I was playing a solo bronze index when I noticed that Anyo corps (specifically lock jaw and sol) started coming near my goal with large numbers of points (17 the first time, 40 the second time)  and I'm trying to figure out where they came from because looking just at deaths (33 total match deaths from both sides, with the score being 28-16) the points couldn't have come from there.

EDIT: I'm aware that depositing more points at once gives you a point bonus, what im saying is that even taking that into consideration, the math doesn't check out. The match end screen says that In total (my team and theirs) there were only 33 deaths. Seeing as the bonus is roughly an extra point every 1.5 you deposit (at best), these deaths translate to no more than around 60~ish points. The score was already 28-16 before lockjaw and Sol deposited 40 points. Considering the highest bonus you can get is +10 that means he deposited 30 points. This doesn't take into account the 17 point I had on me from killing another lockjaw and Sol just moments earlier. Taking those two into account, as well the score that was already there, that's way too many points to have come from the listed number of deaths. So either the number of deaths shown on the end screen was wrong, or something happened and unaccounted for points were added to the match, and after seeing the replies I'm starting to suspect something bugged out.

I was playing  a round of the index Solo because I couldn't find anyone to match with when I ended up losing because a lockjaw and sol deposited 40 points in one go. I have no idea where these points came from. I also don't know where the 17 points it had tried to deposit earlier and I thankfully stopped because I was there to intercept came from as well.

Between Anyo corps and my specters there had only been 33 deaths and when Lockjaw &Sol deposited those 40 points, the score was 28-16.

So I want to know, is there an index mechanic not documented on the wiki where if a game goes on for a while Anyo corps just starts cheating in points? Because when I lost, I was carrying 17 points from the lockjaw I killed earlier and another dropped off 30+10 bonus just moments later.

So I'm not sure how 33 deaths could lead to 28+17+40+16= 101 points. Did an index point on the floor glitch out? Is the end screen telling you how many spectres died inaccurate? Did I mess up somehow? Ijust want to be sure I'm not missing something here because I have seen no mention of anything like this happening before and don't want to post it as a bug till I can get some confirmation.

Edited by (PSN)Akmiester

6 answers to this question

If enemies are carrying points when they die, they'll drop extra points.

For example, if I kill 5 enemies, they'll drop 1 each. If I let another enemy pick them up, and then I kill that enemy, they'll drop bonus coins, more than just the 5 (plus their 1).

You can use this tactic to accumulate points very quickly.

I'm too lazy to do the complete math, but there are two important factors that should be noted:

1) Score-bonus (for example, depositing 15 Index points will award 23 points for the team score)

2) Enemies can pick up Index points dropped from both allies and enemies.

Edited by ActualNine
  • Like 1

AM-JKLWuU4aKtl_SJz5t86iBw_XLHBfzC3RD2IIa

You got PBqnr.gif don't worry we've all been there at one stage of this game.

Anyway they most probably got the points from dropped points or points not picked up, remember you have to run directly over the top of the dropped points, remember you don't have a sentinel/companion for vacuum, also run enemy sense or similar mod to know where the enemy are.