Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I smell future! Mobile gaming and warframe for mobile can mean something different in the future (more or less)

ZeroX4

I believe this is heavily connected to eventual mobile warframe as of how we will experience it but if it would be better suited in off topic by all means please move it there

Video in question is in the spoiler and also at the end of this post
So no1 says im advertising anything here other than idea so UNspoiler it and watch it at your own risk
(Found it by accident when looking for RetroArch related stuff)

I really believe this is related to warframe in how we will experience it in the future
In short of it there is device/stand to which you can slot in your smartphone then plug in that device/stand to a tv via hdmi cable and controller or keyboard and mouse or all of them to it
And puff you have kinda sorta something like a PC made out of phone
Technically its not a PC but for most of us its box connected to monitor/tv to which we also connect mouse and keyboard for control purposes and we just play games soooooo?
Dont get me wrong "PC MASTER RACE" is writing this post but what im doing on my PC other than playing warframe could be limited to a phone in like at least 80%
For that other 20% i could use any crap laptop i could dig from the dumpster (in Beverly Hills or Microsoft)

And now imagine warframe for mobile
IDK how you but if i could ditch warframe from my PC for mobile version where only difference would be ON WHAT i play it and NOT HOW i play it i would not think twice

And with this mind set i say to everyone that are afraid of allowing mobile players to cross play with PC or Console players for eidolon hunts
They can be exactly same keyboard/controller knights as you are
(Well other than ppl who will take their phones to the toilet)

But i just want you all to think for a moment and imagine how this could change things up
How many of us could end up being mobile players in warframe while we would still use controllers or keyboard+mouse

And i do see now days kids holding smartphones more expensive than my 50 cal tv (so its not like ppl would say "sorry i have potato PC" but "sorry i have potato phone" ;) )

Am i the only one here to think mobile warframe could possibly turn out NOT so bad after all?
When warframe mobile will be a thing im buying this bloody stand for sure

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

I dont get your point

warframe gonna be crossplay as we saw in dev stream  mobile/switch/pc/xbox/PS

we allready saw the game running on mobile...

yes mobil version is allready in development

There were so many ppl stating "i dont want mobile players in my eidolon squad cause of how they would perform compared to PC players"
Here is counter argument to that

Also imagine what that means to future of gaming as a whole

I am old enough to remember times when MTV was playing only music
And somehow they started to play some series and crap no1 wanted there (other than few like celebrity death match, jackass or beavis and butt-head and so go on)
And i never understood why
Then it came to me that ppl were able so easily to get music they want and when they wanted it on youtube or even download from various sources and put them on MP3 players
That playing music clips on MTV just stopped to make any sense

Kinda same story with playboy magazine
Ive seen meme about them with something like -> they stopped providing naked photos and limited themselves to only articles as soon as they understood they are losing to internetz where photos of that content were swimming there in quantity higher than normal person could even process for FREE

On top of that many of us are gamers we have steam and crap like that but many of us dont
We play few games we use PC to browse youtube eventually listen to some music and thats pretty much it

Now imagine if someday in not so distant future you wont go buy parts to build your new PC but you will go buy a little tinny smartphone to do all you need with PC related stuff
Which you will just plugin 1 usb dongle for keyboard and mouse then plug it to your monitor/tv and puff you are ready to do your crap

And then consider warframe
If that method of experiencing games will become more popular then warframe will become big part of it also for many of us

I remember times when tekken was playstation only same for god of war well not anymore
So what if more and more games will be made for android in mind of using them on setup mentioned in this topic?

Just try to grasp how much it can change for us
Not today not 2morrow but in 10 years? How about 20 from now?

Some of us buy consoles just to plug few cables install game on it and be ready to play
Not all of us like or know how to deal with PCs from the scratch

Now imagine need of 2 PCs in your house to let 2 ppl play warframe at the same time idk you and your brother for example
How about 1 PC and 1 smartphone? Or even better 2 smartphones?

I think im overexcited and so i make way too long reply already forgive mah

But just consider what it all can mean to us as a gamers or as a warframe players

oh i see, it was mostly your exitation talking XD

Well i dig it, me it's more or less the fact that the community dont gonna be split anymore

I stoped to play to play WF for allmost two years cause i had no pc

i had a switch but dont wanted to start it all over again and play without my clan

So yeah crossplay is like Pandora box for Warframe

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

oh i see, it was mostly your exitation talking XD

Well i dig it, me it's more or less the fact that the community dont gonna be split anymore

I stoped to play to play WF for allmost two years cause i had no pc

i had a switch but dont wanted to start it all over again and play without my clan

So yeah crossplay is like Pandora box for Warframe

And now just imagine the idea of playing warframe on other device like you would on PC
I am not a huge fan of of making something correct (well dont get me wrong i like when things simply work)
Bit o am huge fan of giving us OPTIONS becausewe are all different and we may find something more enjoyable after adjusting it to our needs 
I love zelda series but i hate the fact how few options it always had
Some ppl love pixel perfect graphic and dont mind black borders on the sides
I cant stand them for me its either full image stretch or i wont even play it

Now imagine NOT being limited by what either PC or a Console or gtfo
Imagine playing warframe the same way in most comfortable way for you and being able to switch to other device whenever you feel like it

Would i wish to start new acc just to try mobile? Well maybe to see how it goes
But would i be more happy to be able to use same acc to try mobile and eventually keep my journey on that device if i like it more on it? Well yeah
And on top of that leaving myself option to switch back to any device at will

As a person owning same games on pc and mobile i just cant express enough how this little tool in conjunction with cross play/save will make at least for some of us warframe experience allot better

You even type like you're on a phone. How hard is it to write tomorrow instead of 2morrow? Or people instead of ppl. Or you know, put a period at the end of your sentence. Is that the limitation of your phone or you just being lazy? Or you being lazy because of your phone? I won't comment on your slew of spelling mistakes since I'm not a grammar nazi. But please take the time to properly write something so you show you take us seriously.

Hate to break it to you but the main problem with mobile (and switch) isnt the controls the player interacts with, it is the limitations of the device itself. It doesnt matter if you can hook up your mobile to a massive TV and run with kb/m. There is still a 99% chance (I should say risk) that the mobile player sits there with wi-fi aswell and not a hardline connected to his phone.

So software and hardware combinations are the real drawback of having the mobile users aswell as switch users in your crossplay group. The paraphernalia has little impact on it overall. For Switch it is more drastical what negative impact it has on the group.

Now obviously they can solve this by not allowing Mobile, Switch, Xbone and PS4 users to host crossplay mission and only be clients at all times. Then it is only they who get impacted by their equipment of choice. It is already bad enough when we end up with wi-fi/hotspot people hosting on their PC. I dont want to share their substandard drawbacks. I did afterall decide to play on PC for a reason.

Every problem potentially making mobile players ruin the game is something PC players can already cause problems with.
Bad hardware?  Look at the guy trying to play on a 6 year old laptop.
Bad network?  Look at the guy trying to play on wifi at the edge of his range, or over satellite.
Bad controls?  Look at all the players playing with controllers already (for some reason certain PC players think controllers are like trying to play with your toes).
Bad player because someone playing on mobile can't possibly be skilled?  Look at all the bad players we already have.

Truth is, they don't care, and just want to pretend to be superior.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PSN)Lollybomb:

Every problem potentially making mobile players ruin the game is something PC players can already cause problems with.
Bad network?  Look at the guy trying to play on wifi at the edge of his range, or over satellite.
Bad controls?  Look at all the players playing with controllers already (for some reason certain PC players think controllers are like trying to play with your toes).
Bad player because someone playing on mobile can't possibly be skilled?  Look at all the bad players we already have.

Truth is, mobile gamers are literally the scum of the earth. They made companies rich with lootbox mechanics, mechanics that forces players to spend money for every bit of progress. They also had a hand in the simplification of controls and gameplay to the point where even the severely mentally handicapped can feel successful. Companies have butchered and sacrificed once great IP to the "mobile gamer" and made them buckets of vomit inducing crap. Not to forget the absolutely obnoxious advertising for their crappy mobile games on youtube videos or with "influcencers", where the companies blew more on coke and advertising than they ever did on the development of said games.

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

You even type like you're on a phone. How hard is it to write tomorrow instead of 2morrow? Or people instead of ppl. Or you know, put a period at the end of your sentence.

I bet as hard as not reading something you dont enjoy ;)
At end of the day seams you deciphered every single word without a problem sooooo? 

3 hours ago, Tsoe said:

Vr warframe thats wut i want xd

*PLAINS OF EIDOLON INTENSIFIES*

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Hate to break it to you but the main problem with mobile (and switch) isnt the controls the player interacts with, it is the limitations of the device itself. It doesnt matter if you can hook up your mobile to a massive TV and run with kb/m. There is still a 99% chance (I should say risk) that the mobile player sits there with wi-fi aswell and not a hardline connected to his phone.

So software and hardware combinations are the real drawback of having the mobile users aswell as switch users in your crossplay group. The paraphernalia has little impact on it overall. For Switch it is more drastical what negative impact it has on the group.

Now obviously they can solve this by not allowing Mobile, Switch, Xbone and PS4 users to host crossplay mission and only be clients at all times. Then it is only they who get impacted by their equipment of choice. It is already bad enough when we end up with wi-fi/hotspot people hosting on their PC. I dont want to share their substandard drawbacks. I did afterall decide to play on PC for a reason.

I am cable connection enthusiast because i am fully aware how it tends to work vs wi-fi when it comes down to online games and such
My 1st real job was for my local internet providing company
And you would be amazed by how many ppl were asking to have router in X room sitting kinda next to PC
Or being in such position that makes it ultra easy to drill a hole in the wall and route the cable trough it to next room in fact decide to go with WI-FI connection

I can swear i installed more USB wifi dongles and routers/Access Points (which changes wifi signal to cable signal eventually vice-versa) than i drilled holes in my life
So try to take a wild guess how many players you meet at random plays via wifi

Add into the mix now so many ppl having gaming laptops and preferring wifi over cable
And you could end up being surprised by how many of your squad mates are playing via wifi connection instead of cable connection
So i wouldnt be so fast in saying that its biggest issue here with switch or potential mobile players
In the end time will tell

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I would say it better but kinda have no idea if its even possible

39 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Truth is, mobile gamers are literally the scum of the earth. They made companies rich with lootbox mechanics, mechanics that forces players to spend money for every bit of progress. They also had a hand in the simplification of controls and gameplay to the point where even the severaly mentally handicapped can feel successful. Companies have been butchered and sacrificed once great IP to the "mobile gamer" and made them buckets of vomit inducing crap. Not to forget the absolutely obnoxious advertising for their crappy mobile games on youtube videos or with "influcencers", where the companies blew more on coke and advertising than they ever did on the development of said games.

I think you have problem in spotting difference in mobile gamers and micro transaction enthusiasts

BTW you sound like ppl who play games on their phones for sure dont own PCs and dont play games on PC
So maybe problem is not in device ppl are using to play but what kind of persons they are?

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

So i wouldnt be so fast in saying that its biggest issue here with switch or potential mobile players

Biggest problem with Switch is the hardware. It will automatically lead to slower hosts etc. I also wouldnt want the console limitations forced upon my PC experience in things like Orphix Venom where console enemy density got tweaked lower due to limitations. Sure it didnt matter much in that specific event since it was based around Orphix killing unless you cared about a score. But what happens if suddenly an event plays out like survival and density gets capped to a far lower value due to having to cater to other platforms all the time, even when playing on PC. That is what I'm afraid might happen. 

So I really hope DE makes cross-play an active choice like some other games do, which would keep the PC experience intact as is. I would have no issues avoiding cross-play.

53 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Biggest problem with Switch is the hardware. It will automatically lead to slower hosts etc. I also wouldnt want the console limitations forced upon my PC experience in things like Orphix Venom where console enemy density got tweaked lower due to limitations. Sure it didnt matter much in that specific event since it was based around Orphix killing unless you cared about a score. But what happens if suddenly an event plays out like survival and density gets capped to a far lower value due to having to cater to other platforms all the time, even when playing on PC. That is what I'm afraid might happen. 

So I really hope DE makes cross-play an active choice like some other games do, which would keep the PC experience intact as is. I would have no issues avoiding cross-play.

I would say lets 1st get to that bridge and then lets figure out how to burn it down
And for now lets just enjoy excitement of our options to approach warframe expand

19 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I would say lets 1st get to that bridge and then lets figure out how to burn it down
And for now lets just enjoy excitement of our options to approach warframe expand

Aye, I just hope DE doesnt cross the bridge first, which is their usual approach. 😛

Le 10/10/2021 à 16:13, (PSN)Lollybomb a dit :

You know what ? You convinced me.

Haven't really thought about it, but it's so clear now, we've already been playing with braindead incompetent potato-computer potato-internet idiots for years regardless ! So yeah, mobile gaming is just gonna add to the pile, nothing is really going to change.

The one issue I could see coming is that it's gonna be one more platform for which DE is gonna have to develop. I really don't know the extent of this issue, if that's gonna be an issue at all tho, might be nothing.

Just hope they're not gonna dumb down the game even more to cater to big-thumbs-timmy that is having trouble accessing all the functions on his mom's off-brand sh.tty phone.

6 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

You know what ? You convinced me.

Haven't really thought about it, but it's so clear now, we've already been playing with braindead incompetent potato-computer potato-internet idiots for years regardless ! So yeah, mobile gaming is just gonna add to the pile, nothing is really going to change.

The one issue I could see coming is that it's gonna be one more platform for which DE is gonna have to develop. I really don't know the extent of this issue, if that's gonna be an issue at all tho, might be nothing.

Just hope they're not gonna dumb down the game even more to cater to big-thumbs-timmy that is having trouble accessing all the functions on his mom's off-brand sh.tty phone.

it s allready on switch  who is just above nokia3210

2020/2021 cell phone should be fine

Archived