Rad Hazard Mobile Defense Sortie is broken

sky_191970

I would like to know why sortie mobile defense radiation hazard missions are allowed to let scaled radiation damage (map generated AOE) directly attack the mobile defense console. I have seen this one shot the defense objective and fail the mission instantly several times now and it almost always happens in the void mobile defense sorties. Is this seriously how DE is keeping Limbo relevant, or are they seriously expecting us to go through a mission where RNG can choose to one shot the objective and end the mission at any point regardless of player input? There are better ways to make the game engaging and challenging. I am quite surprised this is an intentional game design.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alltracer said:

sortie mobile defense radiation hazard missions are allowed to let scaled radiation damage (map generated AOE) directly attack the mobile defense console.

I didn't know this could happen.... personally I failed this Sortie when one of Enemies procced Radiation on me then my Ability one Shotted the Console...atleast I think that's what happened mm it was Hard to see...

I've seen something like this happen. It's not because of the Rad damage, but because of the Rad Procs. I remember doing a Void Defense, and I did a dumb and activated the lasers. The lasers hit a fellow tenno, causing them to do Friendly Fire and annihilate the objective, instantly causing a mission fail.  It isn't the radiation damage from the sortie that is the problem, rather someone getting procced and accidentally killing the objective.

• Like 2

While it certainly can be annoying in a group, the solution is very simple: go solo, take a duration limbo, cast 4, cast 2, relax. Nullifiers don't even spawn on yesterday's mobile defense node.

It's a bit like sortie spy really, in that you should never trust pub groups in that mode.

Edited by Cenyn

Not gonna lie, I find it fascinating to engage with a Rad sortie. I wish to encounter them more so I can figure out that line between underpowered and overpowered; did a level 2 Corpus Rescue with Yareli, and was not sure whether I was doing something right or if I just got lucky (or maybe Yareli’s not a great friendly-fire frame), but it didn’t feel like I was downing my friend by accident

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Not gonna lie, I find it fascinating to engage with a Rad sortie. I wish to encounter them more so I can figure out that line between underpowered and overpowered; did a level 2 Corpus Rescue with Yareli, and was not sure whether I was doing something right or if I just got lucky (or maybe Yareli’s not a great friendly-fire frame), but it didn’t feel like I was downing my friend by accident

Yareli really on has one ability that really has a chance to down allies, that being aqua blades; her other abilities either are inconvenient to others or don't affect them in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

Yareli really on has one ability that really has a chance to down allies, that being aqua blades; her other abilities either are inconvenient to others or don't affect them in the slightest.

🤔 Sounds like a safe bet then. I’ll keep that in mind next time I’m playing Yareli and a Rad sort comes up