Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Composite Missions

Spoldozer

So I was helping a friend do the New Strange quest, and I remembered the first mission, where you save Simaris's Sentinels, then hack a data vault, basically becoming a Rescue + Spy mission. This got me thinking. What if there was more of these types of missions, which are combinations of other missions. Exterminate + Capture, Survival + Interception, Rescue + Defense. They could show up as alerts, similar to that of Void Fissure missions, allowing for more varied gameplay, and serve as an extra challenge for those who wish, outside of Eidolon Hunts, Orb Mothers, Arbitrations, and Steel Path.

Just a thought.

Yea, Mobile Defense occasionally does it too, but it doesn't provide as much challenge as there isn't as much to pay attention to, and it isn't multiple things happening at once. It's not like you have to capture a target while making sure the enemies don't control the interception pylons.

36 minutes ago, Spoldozer said:

So I was helping a friend do the New Strange quest, and I remembered the first mission, where you save Simaris's Sentinels, then hack a data vault, basically becoming a Rescue + Spy mission. This got me thinking. What if there was more of these types of missions, which are combinations of other missions. Exterminate + Capture, Survival + Interception, Rescue + Defense. They could show up as alerts, similar to that of Void Fissure missions, allowing for more varied gameplay, and serve as an extra challenge for those who wish, outside of Eidolon Hunts, Orb Mothers, Arbitrations, and Steel Path.

Just a thought.

Honestly, I've always thought that some missions, like Survival, should be mission modifiers rather than standalone mission types. But yes, combo mission types would add a lot of interesting variety.

they could but why? first it's not challenging in any way, just increasing your time in mission. when capture mission turns into exterminate i just abort, because most of the time i dont bring a frame or weapon that does AOE kill, and i'm not wasting my time killing one enemy at a time, when the mission was suppose to be less than one minute long.

edit : Btw did you people forget open zone bounties are literally what the post is indicating? multiple mission type in one go.. guess you people enjoy 2-3 variation of 3minute long mobile defense just to capture one target in the end. 

this idea is interesting... And whats even more confusing is that on the warframe wiki, under the Lotus's Quotes there are secondary objective lines, some of which talk about destroying a reactor, assassinating a target, mobile defence(?), exterminate, and rescue. They even come with mp3 clips of them, and they sound very real. So either this was a feature they removed, or is something they're planning to add, and just have the files for ingame?

y46QZGf.png

Either way, I'd love to see more types of secondary, or maybe even tertiary objectives being added.
That or missions that give you a set of objectives to do, and as long as you do any, you can extract but doing all of them grants more rewards. Like just imagine dropping into a mission and being able to do either a Sabotage, Rescue, Spy or Exterminate, it'd allow for more frames to be more viable picks (Ivara or Loki for example) by letting them be used in these missions. Additionally it could let players focus on the parts of a mission they enjoy more. Like a squad of 4 going into it and all of them rushing off to focus on the objectives they enjoy doing more.

You do realize that you just effectively described the Bounty Missions on the Open World maps, right? @KawaiiAsa and you described a system similar to the bonus objectives in RailJack Missions. Not trying to bash you guys, and this is more of DE problems. They already made a solution to a problem, but they only relegated it to a handful of things in the game. I know that everything you described, I actually do want that more in WF. DE not only can do it, but they've done it. It's in game. But in a tiny amount, with no real reason or indication on why. If they dropped most of their nodes and made missions like bounties, with the extra loot drops for performance, with additional objectives for more drops, that use the entire tileset that was generated for it, I would be super happy.

Archived