Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Nidus bs or am I missing something?

(PSN)shiwan8

Question

So, my over 1k armor and almost 1,5k health nidus gets one shotted by almost anything in steel path. No matter if Guardian procs, I’m sitting on the grass with the umbilical cord attached to an enemy, usually 1st hit kills, sometimes it takes 2 hits. 

Based on all the videos I should be able to face tank almost anything there, yet I can’t. Is Nidus “fixed” to be useless, is this a bug or am I missing something?

16 answers to this question

On 2021-10-10 at 2:38 PM, Myscho said:

Whole Steel Path is BS

this.

SP is gearcheck and pray. 

tutorial is more skill-based than SP. at least there you know if you're getting hit, you're given time to react and move away from danger, then regroup, and reconsider your approach.

me and 9 out of 10 warframe players finish SP once then never touch it again. unless for some farms that absolutely require us to play it on SP.

Adaptation is important in any high Level Mission if you aren't going to be disabling Enemies so they cannot attack.
obviously try not to get hit by Spike Damage Enemies like Bombards or Ballistas and such. they hurt.

but also not having Shield Gating thesedays is rough.

18 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Warframes have to juggle health and armor mods, but enemies just have both increasing exponentially.

It stop Increasing Exponentially After Level 150.... But since Corrosive Can Barely Handle Level 100 It's kinda a moot point.... Unless if you have ARQUEBEX !!!😱

If you are simply standing still or moving very slowly while enemies shoot at you you will go down.

1k Armor is roughly 75% DR , (DR with Armor = Moded Armor / (Moded Armor +300)

75% is not bad , but you need to pair it with additional DR as you don't exactly have tons of health , roughly 4k ehp.

The parasitic link will give you an additional 90% if you have enough strength.

So you got 97.5% damage reduction (more than 40k EHP)

That is not bad but still , you can take enough damage if you don't evade/cc enemies trying to kill you.

There is also that brief moment between casting parasitic link where you are vulnerable.

You want just a little bit more of a buffer like adaptation or more frequent use of CC to keep the damage recieved lower , and keep your stacks up for the undying state.

On 2021-10-10 at 10:48 AM, (XBOX)revolutionassas said:

As mentioned before, armor gives diminishing returns, the more you stack it, the less dr u get, meaning, to get 50% dr u will need 300 armor (making up a random number), and to get 60% dr u will need 600, 70% u will need like 1k and so on. In sp, to make nidus survive you just gotta avoid getting hit. The best option is to use gloom, the enemies will be slowed down and they wom't hit you. Another option is to keep killing and casting larva to keep the enemies ccd. Also, use adaptation for low lvl sp or rg for high level (2k+)

Sp is no bs, its easy to do once you get the hang of it, actually, its really easy. Remember, do not stack armor and hp, it will still get you killed

Oh yeah and the dragon key used for sp in frames with shields is the decaying dragon key, it reduces your shields by 75% ish iirc, meaning you can recharge your shields faster to get the 1sec invulnerability when they get destroyed

It's not exactly diminishing returns, but opportunity cost. Increasing armor continues to increase your ehp linearly.

DR= Net Armor/(Net Armor+300)

Health Multiplier = 1/(1-DR)

Every 300 armor is equivocal to +100% ehp, but of course this runs into the same issue as stacking Base Damage as the relative return gets lower and lower. It's always better to have diversity of multipliers.

Weapons have a lot more multipliers and slots to work with than Warframes.

Enemies on the other hand don't have slot limitations like Warframes, so armor on them is ridiculous. Warframes have to juggle health and armor mods, but enemies just have both increasing exponentially.

1k armor on nidus means he starts at 80% DR.  Add Adaptation and you will tank most damage just fine.   It takes huge spikes to kill you through adaptation.   Like acolytes/spectres lol.  

I used Nidus for a ton of SP.  

100%/130%/250%/125%

Also my Lesion has a crappy 700 total damage lol.   35% crit/ 60-80% status? 

Thanks to your high armor/hp  if you take a beast pet they should be pretty tough also and if u slap hunter recovery on them whatever you dont heal via regen you will via pet.   And you can always plop down a 4th ability to boost your regen.  

If your playing him right every nearby enemy should be in your meatball.....

Also your 4th ability sends out maggots... those kinda stun enemies to.   (I would store up enough stacks to face an acolyte lol but beyond that I didnt spent time building stacks,  just pulling and pulling and pulling.   

hace 8 horas, (PSN)shiwan8 dijo:

So, my over 1k armor and almost 1,5k health nidus gets one shotted by almost anything in steel path. No matter if Guardian procs, I’m sitting on the grass with the umbilical cord attached to an enemy, usually 1st hit kills, sometimes it takes 2 hits. 

Based on all the videos I should be able to face tank almost anything there, yet I can’t. Is Nidus “fixed” to be useless, is this a bug or am I missing something?

As mentioned before, armor gives diminishing returns, the more you stack it, the less dr u get, meaning, to get 50% dr u will need 300 armor (making up a random number), and to get 60% dr u will need 600, 70% u will need like 1k and so on. In sp, to make nidus survive you just gotta avoid getting hit. The best option is to use gloom, the enemies will be slowed down and they wom't hit you. Another option is to keep killing and casting larva to keep the enemies ccd. Also, use adaptation for low lvl sp or rg for high level (2k+)

Sp is no bs, its easy to do once you get the hang of it, actually, its really easy. Remember, do not stack armor and hp, it will still get you killed

Oh yeah and the dragon key used for sp in frames with shields is the decaying dragon key, it reduces your shields by 75% ish iirc, meaning you can recharge your shields faster to get the 1sec invulnerability when they get destroyed

1 hour ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

You get Diminished Returns from Armor once you go over 500... Just Ask Valkyr.... It's why Frames like Inaros can take a beating with just 300 Armor (600 when Scarab Swarm is Active).... Remove Arcane Guardian... You don't need it... Infact since it can't Refresh while it's already active... You're going to Experience Brief Periods of Durability before Suddenly getting Destroyed....  That's Arcane Guardian turning on then Turning Off... It's so inconsistent.... It's only good on Frames that need a leg up  if they have gaps in their own otherwise Reliable Survivability.... 

You're going to need Some form of Health Recovery like Arcane Grace and Damage Reduction like Adaptation....

Atleast Nidus has Hope.... Shield Based Warframe's don't have any options besides the Brief Respite + Decaying Dragon Key Combo....

56 minutes ago, ActualNine said:

in addition to Extinguished Dragon Key

Wrong Key 😱 !!! Steel Path already has this Key Built In By Default... No need to Equip it 😁 !!!

56 minutes ago, ActualNine said:

However, Nidus at least has his invulnerability passive, given you can build up stacks fast enough.

Seems like he should be able to given how the Spawns work in Steel Path... 

It's not a huge surprise honestly. The damage scaling from Steel Path enemies is quite severe and the preferable method of survivability in SP is taking advantage of Shield Gating through the use of mods like [Brief Respite] and [Rolling Guard] in addition to Extinguished Dragon Key. Meanwhile, pure health will just get shredded. That's why a warframe like Inaros is regarded so poorly, because even as a tank he doesn't last long in SP. However, Nidus at least has his invulnerability passive, given you can build up stacks fast enough. If you don't already have it, the mod [Adaptation] will help a lot with Nidus's survivability.

Archived