Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Saw 'How does it Feel' Feedback

ABlindGuyPlays

Fun? Fun is subjective, but I enjoyed using it. Good? Eeeeeeeehh? I don't have the 'staple' mods to do a 'real' build.

Stance tweaks could help.

Tweaking some animations so there's more going on could help (but would be involved work so I won't ask for a more jason vorheese texas chainsaw massacre vibe.)

Adding more damage instances when in contact with an enemy during the button mash forward combo (think how the panthera behaves when contacting an enemy vs this thing.)

Preserving momentum going into the block combo twirl would be nice, or causing the block combo to have weight to it causing the saw to 'drag' you forward to keep from stumbling (think broken bull for heavy blade, complete with dizzy animation if you spam it.) 

Proccing slash on the 'ride' portion of the block forward combo and or have it stagger any enemies you collide with while riding (it doing no damage but causing a stagger with a potential to drop weapons would honestly be better here since it's useful but not 'huhuhuhuh number go up') and if they could make it so the ride part of block forward goes while button is down and then does the slam when you let go, rather than the current predetermined amount of riding, that'd also help... or at least it would be fun.

What? I wanna load into orb vallis and have two corpus bucketheads go 'wait wtf is that guy literally riding a saw?' Right before i stop and slam the business end of it on them.

Then again for funsies I wish it were equippable as a k-drive. Even a ghoulsaw skin FOR k-drives would be acceptable. 

Speaking of: Can we backport the control of this thing on ride to k-drives please? Like, this thing steers like a dream and i can bounce into walls and things without going splat. i love it and want k drives to behave this way as it greatly helps in useability.

Sound: It's a F'ing SAW. More to the point it looks modeled on the giant saws used for cutting into masonry so it's gonan be big and loud. Tuning it down just a scooch could be helpful but 'saw go BRRRRRRRR'

I feel like they should have focused more on the use of its saw blade rather than swinging it around I thought of some changes that I think may make the saw feel better and more useful but not sure its a quick fix programming wise since I am not an expert on that, but I feel like this is a better path for the ghoulsaw in my opinion.

one way for this to work is give it a rework so that :

1) its in the primary slot.

2) it operates with a held trigger function and battery operation let it have its current stats or even boost them by 15% since it will still have no range.

3) then the alt fire mode will be saw riding and any enemies hit are rag dolled with the weapon damage as an impact proc plus whatever element its modded for. The drive time lasts for the charge of the battery then cancels out with a violent aoe where the warframe does a slam attack then the recharge of the battery starts and the player can use the alt fire mode again.

rather not have in the game, too much b!tching over a gimmick weapon. we already got bunch of those like that harpoon one and no one cares about it. new war upgrade with bring 10+ weapons and eventually you will forget about this. basically how it's being for years. dont bother not every weapon should be top tier

On 2021-10-10 at 6:50 PM, Dauggie said:

rather not have in the game, too much b!tching over a gimmick weapon. we already got bunch of those like that harpoon one and no one cares about it. new war upgrade with bring 10+ weapons and eventually you will forget about this. basically how it's being for years. dont bother not every weapon should be top tier

The problem with such weapons/items is how they are made. Or... just weapons in general.

It's not all about damage. I mean frame or weapon should be "powerful enough" but Ghoulsaw is good enough, imho. I've been riding it till ~30 minutes of kuva survival without big problems. That's around 80 levels. Of course more damage here or some forced proc there would be nice but that's not main problems with such things, imho.

- Exodia contagion requires you to 2x jump or bullet jump => Vitrica requires just jump

- Arum spinosa & Quassus heavy attack is slow and breaking flow of play (it stops your frame for short time afair).

- Ghoulsaw requires you to spam melee for forward combo; Block combo stops you; Ride combo has camera shift at slam attack.

etc

3 hours ago, quxier said:

Of course more damage here or some forced proc there would be nice but that's not main problems with such things, imho.

Hence my general focus on 'Feel' rather than 'power.' Sure more damage would e nice and would be the cheap way of improving things, but using the thing just plain feels bad. Granted it's realistic to be clunky when swinging around a fifty kilo power tool, but still...

2 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

but using the thing just plain feels bad

It's probably half bad and half ok/good. Well... for me.

Riding feels good. It could be on-hold like you mentioned (or long animation that melee attack ends with slam - I prefer something like this) but it feels ok. Block combo have nice range & damage but stops you. Heavy/finisher - to slow without other effects. Slide & aerial are ok. Slam is nice (2nd attack). And moving is spam-fest.

Sadly using only "smaller" part of melee makes it boring very quickly.

Granted it's realistic to be clunky when swinging around a fifty kilo power tool, but still...

We are probably capable of moving 50kg without problems.

Hence my general focus on 'Feel' rather than 'power.'

I get "feels" in mind as well (more or less):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1281214-ghoul-saw-stance-butchers-combo-duration-camera-moving-and-speed/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1281718-ghoulsaw-slam-2nd-attack-extension-and-other-weapons-variants/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1282583-ghoulsaw-butchers-revelry-rip-n-ride-block-moving-guraanteed-crit-on-lying-enemies/

Archived