Comparing maxed out Turrets

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

Thought I'd share.  Was always curious about if Vidar bonus damage was actually a thing or not....  Turns out it is....  So in these pictures....  I have Zekti guns equipped and then I clicked on the vidar version to compare.   So the +/- is for the vidar versions.    I only built apocs and carcninnox.  60% RoF vs 60% Bonus damage....  

FBVozBvWEAQ8dTI?format=jpg&name=large

Carcinnox ^^^^

FBVozW1XEAA-2O6?format=jpg&name=large

Apocs ^^^^^^

I use carcinnox on pilot.. I've used vidar now a few times...   Hate to say it but they kinda feel weaker.    The loss of RoF is pretty huge... and I cant really tell if the better crit % offsets anything....  BUT.... with the lower heat I can lay on the trigger ALOT more....    But I think I would give that battle to Zekti....  

Apocs the vidar look slower and less crit % than Zekti....  just better on heat...  I havent tried them out....  

Vidar guns are super rare....  im working on getting a vidar Talyn built and maxed....

4 answers to this question

I use maxed out Zetki Carcinox MKIII for both Pilot and Turrets

I prefer Rate of Fire because most crafts remain in line of sight for a very brief moment as they tend to turn away of your Railjack when flying towards you, so hitting more shots usually compensates for hitting harder, there is also the fact that the Carcinox's effect causes confusion on to enemy ships similarly to Radiation on normal missions so more shots means more status and often enemies are shooting each other or a Crewship because of it.

7 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:
Spoiler

Thought I'd share.  Was always curious about if Vidar bonus damage was actually a thing or not....  Turns out it is....  So in these pictures....  I have Zekti guns equipped and then I clicked on the vidar version to compare.   So the +/- is for the vidar versions.    I only built apocs and carcninnox.  60% RoF vs 60% Bonus damage....  

FBVozBvWEAQ8dTI?format=jpg&name=large

Carcinnox ^^^^

FBVozW1XEAA-2O6?format=jpg&name=large

Apocs ^^^^^^

I use carcinnox on pilot.. I've used vidar now a few times...   Hate to say it but they kinda feel weaker.    The loss of RoF is pretty huge... and I cant really tell if the better crit % offsets anything....  BUT.... with the lower heat I can lay on the trigger ALOT more....    But I think I would give that battle to Zekti....  

Apocs the vidar look slower and less crit % than Zekti....  just better on heat...  I havent tried them out....  

Vidar guns are super rare....  im working on getting a vidar Talyn built and maxed....

I have every gun max'd stats variant as Vidar, Lavan and Zetki built but I don't use them now since Corpus Railjack and the new guns released with it. :( 

I have a lot of guns built to max stats for testing in the early days when Empyrean was released but all I use now is Zetki Glazio MKIII on the pilot great for Corpus crewship shields, and on the swivel turrets I use Zetki Talyn MKIII 60% fire rate and 100% accuracy Ai love them and I find they just shred anything in Veil Proxima.

Heat doesn't bother me with R10 Intrinsics x5 with R9 gunnery you can flush the heatsinks as soon as they overheat and away you go again, I solo my Railjack in any mission been doing the 90-100 missions but they seem a waste of time to reward return. 🤔

here's where it gets complicated:

Vidar Bonus is only to part of the Damage(for Weapons with more than one Damage Type) now, not overall Damage. so Zetki ends up having nearly the same Damage per Shot on paper, and with better Status weighting for most Weapons.
Zetki is generally the stronger Weapon because it has close or very close Damage, but shoots faster. and Heat no longer matters anymore, so there isn't a downside.

not to mention Crit Mods got nerfed, pulling more benefits away from Vidar.

Only speaking of maxed stats

Zetki is just better for damage for multi element weapons ,

you may need a bit of a trigger control if you don't have the right intrinsics unlocked to sustain it.

However for a few single element armaments like talyn, vidar can theoretically output more damage if the stars align and you have the right avionics.