Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jordas Golem really should drop Archwing related mods

Darthplagueis13

I mean, unless I'm mistaken this is literally the only Archwing assassination in the entire star chart (not counting formorian events) and you don't get any Archwing specific rewards. Plus, he currently drops mods that you can for the most part get pretty much anywhere from random Grineer and Corpus grunts, stuff like Pressure Point and Magazine Warp.

Considering that there's not that many Archwing missions to begin with and farming them can be quite tedious, why not have him drop mods for Archwing and Archguns instead? Only few of them have specific farming locations. After all, there's only 8 Archwing missions to begin with.

With there only being one Archwing boss and there being a shortage of good drop locations, it feels like a waste to not have him drop anything of that sort.

I firmly Disagree....

On the Surface it might make sense that an Archwing Boss should Drop Archwing Mods... However I'd like to point to a Scenario where DE did exactly just that... Eidolons Drop Shards that you can use to Improve your Operator and Cores to buy Operator Amps and Arcanes.... The problem is you already need a decent Operator for this to be Practical...

Same goes for Jordas Golem.... It would make sense for Archwing Mods to be dropped somewhere else so that you can then use them Against the Jordas Golem and all other Archwing Content...

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I firmly Disagree....

On the Surface it might make sense that an Archwing Boss should Drop Archwing Mods... However I'd like to point to a Scenario where DE did exactly just that... Eidolons Drop Shards that you can use to Improve your Operator and Cores to buy Operator Amps and Arcanes.... The problem is you already need a decent Operator for this to be Practical...

Same goes for Jordas Golem.... It would make sense for Archwing Mods to be dropped somewhere else so that you can then use them Against the Jordas Golem and all other Archwing Content...

There's a difference though: Eidolons and quills were the first things to be added to actually improve the operator. Jordas Golem is an archwing boss at the end of the starchart just to to reach him should get you plenty of archwing mods if you take the time to farm them. Jordas golem would atleast make more sense for archwing mods than profit taker bounties.

2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

There's a difference though: Eidolons and quills were the first things to be added to actually improve the operator. Jordas Golem is an archwing boss at the end of the starchart just to to reach him should get you plenty of archwing mods if you take the time to farm them. Jordas golem would atleast make more sense for archwing mods than profit taker bounties.

Like I said... It makes sense in the Surface....it's a different Story in practice... 😝

Video Games are not like other Aspects Human Beans are Accustomed to.. Video Games have their own logic....

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Like I said... It makes sense in the Surface....it's a different Story in practice... 😝

Video Games are not like other Aspects Human Beans are Accustomed to.. Video Games have their own logic....

what? No, your example of why an archwing boss shouldn't drop archwing mods was eidolons/quills and the catch 22 of upgrading your operator. That situation doesn't apply here at all because Jordas isn't the first and only way to upgrade your archwing, there are already other avenues to do that. Jordas should drop archwing mods.

2 hours ago, Drasiel said:

what? No, your example of why an archwing boss shouldn't drop archwing mods was eidolons/quills and the catch 22 of upgrading your operator. That situation doesn't apply here at all because Jordas isn't the first and only way to upgrade your archwing, there are already other avenues to do that. Jordas should drop archwing mods.

It's an Archwing Mission not only that but it's a Boss Mission too... If you can do it then you've proven you don't need any Archwing Mods... If you cant then Jordas dropping Archwing Mods will be of little help to you....

It's the exact same Catch 22 as Eidolon Hunts...

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

I firmly Disagree....

The Golem is a super easy boss tho. I managed to beat him first try with severely underleveled and undermodded Archwing gear because when I did the quest for the first time I didn't know it would feature an Archwing boss.

The issue is mostly that there isn't any real endgame archwing content (unless we include emyprean missions but you can do those without using your Archwing for anything else than traversal) because the Golem is in a good spot to where you'd really start upgrading your Archwing gear.

Besides, I'm not advocating for him to be the exclusive source of those mods, just a decently good one for people who are looking to improve their archwing setup or want to get mods for their archguns (which are after all also used by Necramechs and as heavy weapons by Warframes, both of which are endgame features you will likely only get into after unlocking and facing down the Jordas Golem) as a deliberate farming effort.

You've only provided a reason as to why those mods should generally available from someone else than the Golem, which they are already, but none in regards to why the Golem should drop a selection of regular mods, most of which you are essentially guaranteed to have acquired long before you even got to Eris. Even if you do not think the Golem should be the main source for getting Archwing mods, that's no reason why Archwing content shouldn't grant Archwing rewards.

The issue with Eidolons is that you kind of need the good stuff to get into Eidolon hunting and the good stuff exclusively comes from Eidolon hunting. You don't need particularily good or rare mods to beat the Jordas Golem and I never said you shouldn't be able to get any of them from any source other than the Golem, just that if you feel like actually achieving the levels of overkill that a well-modded Archwing provides, the Golem would be a good place to farm, rather than having small chances from random missions.

9 minutes ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

The Golem is a super easy boss tho.

Makes no Difference to me... Its better to get all Archwing Mods in literally any kind of Non Archwing Mission....

10 minutes ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

Besides, I'm not advocating for him to be the exclusive source of those mods, just a decently good one for people who are looking to improve their archwing setup or want to get mods for their archguns.

All the more reason for them to Drop Somewhere Else 😝

12 minutes ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

You've only provided a reason as to why those mods should generally available from someone else than the Golem, which they are already, but none in regards to why the Golem should drop a selection of regular mods, most of which you are essentially guaranteed to have acquired long before you even got to Eris. Even if you do not think the Golem should be the main source for getting Archwing mods, that's no reason why Archwing content shouldn't grant Archwing rewards.

Then just Have The Golem Drop Railjack Resources....

I mean that's the next Logical Progression after Archwing Right ?

This sort of "Bread Crumb" Design is a good way of Leading Players to try new things without forcing it on them...

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's an Archwing Mission not only that but it's a Boss Mission too... If you can do it then you've proven you don't need any Archwing Mods... If you cant then Jordas dropping Archwing Mods will be of little help to you....

It's the exact same Catch 22 as Eidolon Hunts...

not necessarily as there are more advanced archwing mods that drop from profit taker bounties, as wells as the possibilities of moving some of the less core to build mods from regular arching to him.

As you mentioned in a comment further down perhaps some railjack resources or basic items could drop off him instead.

Regardless of all of that if DE ever follows through on their plan to fold archwing entirely into railjack the missions may just go poof entirely.

On 2021-10-11 at 8:17 PM, Drasiel said:

not necessarily as there are more advanced archwing mods that drop from profit taker bounties

I believe those are Arch-Gun Mods not Archwing Mods.... And I don't like how the Final Bounty also Drops them since that's the mission where you are forced to use an Arch-Gun....  But all the bounties leading up to it are fine Drop those mods since you aren't intended to use your Archgun there...

On 2021-10-11 at 8:17 PM, Drasiel said:

Regardless of all of that if DE ever follows through on their plan to fold archwing entirely into railjack the missions may just go poof entirely.

Seems unlikely considering how the Corpus Railjack Expansion Turned Out.... 😱

Archived