Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does toxic player exist even in PVE game Warframe ?

H4V3M3RCY

Question

PC platform 

In one of my random Eidolon hunting quests , there is a player , he started sarcasm me for my weak amp dmg and physical dmg. ( He is Volt Prime and I am Rhino Prime ). 
Honestly he didn't do any damage and just flying around me ( not even catch or charge eidolon lure ), at that time me and one other player caught and charged 2 lure. And then he leave party and start spamming in my private message. 

If he's seen this post, just reply me for what I did wrong. And I seriously want to know that is he wrong or am I wrong in this Case . 

On 2021-10-11 at 8:45 AM, TaricTheAncient said:

You were wrong to go into random Eidolons group while not being able to carry your weight.

Uh... no. To be able to carry your own weight, you need to do Eidolon runs to rank up the Quills(Eidolon shards), and obtain better Amps. Unless you expect a mote amp user to solo an Eidolon

On 2021-10-11 at 8:45 AM, TaricTheAncient said:

He was wrong to think that a random group for Eidolons would be good.

No, the unknown player was wrong because he was acting way out of line, throwing abusive comments at a inexperienced hunter for being inexperienced. And that's the best case. If he truly was just hanging in Archwing without contributing to the team, He's a Hypocrite.

On 2021-10-11 at 12:51 AM, H4V3M3RCY said:

I just post this thread because he ignored me in game chat and I can't talk back him well.

Yeah, don't do that. its not productive.

talking back doesn't go anywhere

talking back on a forum where he isn't even going to be is going to go even less anywhere

you're wasting your time and energy

and ours

Just move on

1 hour ago, (PSN)Epical_Kaiser said:

Every videogame has toxic players, even in a PvE game like Warframe.

Even in solo video games... Toxic players are aggressive in nature and complain about everything. They could whine about NPCs, and even developers.

Anyway. to OP, as long as you are public matching non-min-max game sessions, you could assume others to expect a wide range of players skills, from rookie to very experienced.

The only thing you did "wrong" was not having an upgraded amp for dealing enough damage on eidolon's shield. But this is something everyone did when they first started eidolon hunting.

Some common mistake rookie could do in eidolon hunt is that capturing too much lure for the objective. As having too much lures slow down charging them up.

Next time when someone harasses your pm, simply block it and move on. If that player was so aggressive and you feel offended, report the player by using the support page.

Every videogame has toxic players, even in a PvE game like Warframe.

On one side it's his fault to think that a random group for Eidolons would be great and blaming you about it.

On the other side it's your fault for joining into a random group for Eidolons without being able to deal enough damage to help your team.

Next time if you encounter a toxic player just do a screenshot or record a little video and report him.

I understand players join in a random public group to kill/capture Eidolons as fast as possible, but they also need to be able to deal enough damage to help their group and carry their weight.

This is why I usually do Eidolons in solo.

I can take the 1st and 2nd Eidolon using Ivara with Navigator/Exodia Contagion synergy (I also suggest to subsume Xata's Whisper or Roar on her to deal more damage).

I know, this is not the best setup, but this is just my personal to-go for Eidolons.

On 2021-10-11 at 2:28 AM, H4V3M3RCY said:

PC platform 

In one of my random Eidolon hunting quests , there is a player , he started sarcasm me for my weak amp dmg and physical dmg. ( He is Volt Prime and I am Rhino Prime ). 
Honestly he didn't do any damage and just flying around me ( not even catch or charge eidolon lure ), at that time me and one other player caught and charged 2 lure. And then he leave party and start spamming in my private message. 

If he's seen this post, just reply me for what I did wrong. And I seriously want to know that is he wrong or am I wrong in this Case . 

sounds like user was just wanting to pick on a newer player while harrashing them about not being able to do any real damage in the hunt.

rhino is a ok warframe for hunting the ediolons as it able to use roar to buff up party members damage when they are in there warframes.

tho next time someone does this plz take screenshots of this an submit a support ticket about the user.
:D this way they can get there just deserts

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

I don’t remember the last time I took anything meta on an Ediolon hunt. I have never been complained to about it. People are more worried about your ability to be useful than what is meta - at least those I end up with. From OP’s post it sounds like damage was the problem, nothing at all to do with meta stuff. 

• I never brought up metas, nor did the OP. And even meta gear can be terrible if you mod it badly.

Lol, my bro says people complain when hes killing everything to fast and doing to much damage. 

4 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Its a problem with communities having their heads so far up the meta's mag well that they cant see past it.

I don’t remember the last time I took anything meta on an Ediolon hunt. I have never been complained to about it. People are more worried about your ability to be useful than what is meta - at least those I end up with. From OP’s post it sounds like damage was the problem, nothing at all to do with meta stuff. 

• I never brought up metas, nor did the OP. And even meta gear can be terrible if you mod it badly.

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

People don’t seem to like it if someone takes a bad frame and cannot do damage. You get some people that will complain to you about it, most don’t bother.

Lol, people were always giving my bro crap about how he made Mag do really well.  Its a problem with communities having their heads so far up the meta's mag well that they cant see past it.  If the meta gods say a frame or gun is trash, then that item is trash and shall never be used!  If you are doing well with it, obviously your cheating....

Thats why I loathe meta with an undying passion and refuse to follow it, sometimes even to my own detriment........

1. my disgust for the self proclaimed "eidolon hunters" is not a secret around these forums.
they are a bunch of losers who are good at a mode that (was) huge in this game, and try to make it (still) more important than it is.  
warframe is not a skill-based game, and putting VS two centimeters off to the left will never hurt anybody. but they WILL find something wrong with your build, your loadout, your speed, or your actions, and call you out in the middle of the friggin mission. pay absolutely zero attention to these lowly bunch.

2. just watch some video guides about eidolon hunting. probably try running it solo, so you know exactly what to do, when to do it, and how much damage you able to do.
if you already have a firm grip about the hunt, don't let those people bug you ever again. ask them to explain politely, if they still refuse to be civil, ignore the losers.

3. if all else fails, just #PlayWarframeSolo just like many have successfully done.

Even if the Volt player did do damage, I don't think that justifies abusive behaviour. There are better ways to make points. I think its relatively rare to have other abusive players, but unfortunately it might be something some encounter more than others. I am sorry that happened to you OP. If its ever really abusive behaviour, you could always report the player. Someone above showed you how you can. Depends on the severity. If its not too severe, might just be better off ignoring such players. Maybe they went too far, but they might be having a bad day. Doesn't excuse their actions, but you also don't want to be overzealous with reporting if the player is just a bit rude or sarcastic. 

If that makes sense. 

As far as doing something wrong... ehh, its a PUB squad, peoples expectations should be low. There is a meta of sorts, but good communication and team work can go a long way. Whenever I personally do Tridolon in PUG, I expect to be the carry, and that I might have to solo, because I know I can. If others are likewise prepared, thats nice, it goes even faster, but I actually like seeing new people testing and challenging themselves, and people with off meta picks, for whatever reason. The more you play, the more you tend to improve. You might get to a stage you want to do solo Tridolon's and you might start to gravitate towards the dreaded meta, just to make it easier for yourself. The next thing you know, you are trying to help lower level newer players. All of this can be done without any hostile or abusive players. At the same time, sometimes you'll just encounter them. 

Good luck in future! 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

That sounds amazing! I wish the people I played with were a bit more willing to experiment! Like just for fun now and then. 

oh it was amazing heh. Really does showcase that you can do Tridolons even without meta; just need a team to properly coordinate.

Make plan or like my case have at least two who knew what to do, and learn from them. I haven't a decent amp to try it solo yet though :p

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Eidolons take a high level of team work and meta gear/efficiency.  If you arent doing that then your bound to piss off alot of people.  But in a public squad there shouldnt be much expectation of anything....  so the volt was just being a cry baby.  

Im MR30..did all of Steel path... have 0 hydrolyst kill/caps lol.   

my good friend would dispute the meta part; he prefered to run literally anything to see just how crazy a team could get.

We made regular Tridolon runs, not once as any meta; had no worries at all.

Teamwork, that part is essential as my friend had a ton of experience and we were premade yes but no meta was allowed.

Think the funnest was he and I 2-manning Tridolon with my Khora and his Vauban. Venari handled healing and we did it too :p

3 hours ago, H4V3M3RCY said:

My apologies if this post annoys other players

No need to be sorry. There are a lot of toxic people in forum too. No matter what anyone posted, some people will always be there to rebuke them. 

Just blocked/ignored them and move on. There will be a lot more toxic ones you might meet later. So no point getting worked up over 1. You can always report them if they are too nasty.

Everyone is different due to their journey in the game, be it MR, mods, knowledge etc. So just bring and do your best. Don't leech. lol

There are a lot of toxic players out and about, I would say just ignore them and move on.  If they are really offensive, then take a screenshot and report them.

That said, if you are new to Eidolon Hunting and do not have gear to do crazy amounts of damage, I would suggest bringing a healer and focus on herding the Lures.  No one complains about me barely dealing any damage in a PUG because my Wisp keeps the Lures (and everyone else) alive and pumps everyone's fire rate.  IMO, keeping the Lures alive is at least as important as taking down shields and limbs.

Il y a 2 heures, H4V3M3RCY a dit :

Actually I can solo capture 1st and 2nd eidolon easily by doing catch lure and charged all by myself. The reason for finding public party is for faster and ofc 3rd eidolon. And I just post this thread because he ignored me in game chat and I can't talk back him well.

Random groups are not the best for Eidolon hunts. I do it alone or with friends.

If you want to squad to hunt Hydrolists, you can ask for other players to join you while you're on Cetus, or try to get an eidolon hunt squad on Warframe official Discord,

1 hour ago, H4V3M3RCY said:

Actually I can solo capture 1st and 2nd eidolon easily by doing catch lure and charged all by myself. The reason for finding public party is for faster and ofc 3rd eidolon. And I just post this thread because he ignored me in game chat and I can't talk back him well.

Just a random loser, ignore and move on.

1 hour ago, TaricTheAncient said:

You were wrong to go into random Eidolons group while not being able to carry your weight.

People got to learn somewhere, did you miss the "Honestly he didn't do any damage and just flying around me ( not even catch or charge eidolon lure )"

A solo tricap is not hard, as long as people are trying to damage the eidolons that's the best you can expect from a random group.

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Eidolons take a high level of team work and meta gear/efficiency.  If you arent doing that then your bound to piss off alot of people.  But in a public squad there shouldnt be much expectation of anything....  so the volt was just being a cry baby.  

Eidolons have to be #*!%ed up badly for a random squad to not complete a tricap in 40 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Jemmies said:

There are all sorts of people everywhere, not just in Warframe. Don't take it too personal. There will be times when the public squad is quite friendly, and then other times you get what you just experienced. Remember to enjoy your game.

Last night I pissed people off by not being AFK in an arbitration survival, they had the auto shedu going and everything but the dumb ass Nekros had a no range build and I mocked them as we almost ran out of LS.

I've been playing for a few years and can count the amount of times I've had hassle with someone on one hand but unfortunately it does happen especially with a time limited event like eidelons.

Sadly with any game you will bump into the occasional Muppet. Ignore them and move on. Don't let them put you off, enjoy the game my friend!

If it bothers you enough, next time you can screen shot the situation and report them for it through support:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Regardless of how strong or weak you are, it wouldn't be a justification for harassment. Especially not in publicly matchmade missions where the only real requirement is trying to complete the objective. If someone wants to nitpick Operator gear/focus, Warframe choice, damage output, etc, they can either play solo or a premade group.

15 minutes ago, H4V3M3RCY said:

PC platform 

In one of my random Eidolon hunting quests , there is a player " Conjungtive " , he started sarcasm me for my weak amp dmg and physical dmg. ( He is Volt Prime and I am Rhino Prime ). 

He was wrong to think that a random group for Eidolons would be good.

seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Archived