Other ways to self-heal with melee?

4thBro

Question

Hirudo, Santi Magistar heavy atack and life strike

Not sure it it still works but you could use exodia contagion and get ranged melee heals with dakyu/nikana. 

Oh and healing return is pretty good if you prime for CO

example: magnetic nukor built for viral/mag/rad/heat + hidden microwave effect for 5 status types or 55 life leach per hit. 

You also apply ips with your weapon for another 33 life leach. 

Or just shield gate and ignore hp😎

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Healing

Edited by Berzerkules
  • Like 1

Well...

I want to use any melee I want.

And also get self-healing.

And also not waste a melee mod slot on it.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I just want to be Hannah Montana on this one.

Gloom is probably worth mentioning, but I am using Dispensary. That being said, that does drop health orbs, so maybe I can just roll with that being enough.

12 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Well...

I want to use any melee I want.

And also get self-healing.

And also not waste a melee mod slot on it.

not asking for much.....

if you don't want to mod for it , then your only other option is a healing power infused via Helminth. Dispensary works but you gotta keep recasting it, whereas Gloom travels with you. 

9 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yeah, I'm just concerned I'll lose my energy on Ember without Dispensary, since sometimes there just aint no energy orbs.

Equilibrium+Spectrosiphon

Also not sure if you know that since Immolation is a channeled ability efficiency and duration effect drain/sec. balance those stats +Exothermic and energy should not be an issue

Also another cool thing I like about ember you can run -strength and use her passive to snap shot Immolation and still 100% armor strip with fireblast if you have enemies on fire and that should not be a problem.

Edited by Berzerkules

that's a pretty tall order of features that you want simultaneously.
Magus Repair doesn't take any Mod Slots on anything and works always. :P

51 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yeah, I'm just concerned I'll lose my energy on Ember without Dispensary, since sometimes there just aint no energy orbs.

just purge Immolation and roll with the base value, takes zero effort and it's plenty if you stack it with other stuff. trying to fanagle that Bar is pretty lame if you ask me anyways since it relies on Ability spam.
"to prevent Draining Energy, Cast Abilities constantly for no reason in addition to the ones you're already Casting". what a brilliant idea >.>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Hirudo, Santi Magistar heavy atack and life strike

Not sure it it still works but you could use exodia contagion and get ranged melee heals with dakyu/nikana. 

Oh and healing return is pretty good if you prime for CO

example: magnetic nukor built for viral/mag/rad/heat + hidden microwave effect for 5 status types or 55 life leach per hit. 

You also apply ips with your weapon for another 33 life leach. 

Or just shield gate and ignore hp😎

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Healing

can we? I can only get Exodia Contagion to appear on a Zaw no other melee. Unless I've missed something somewhere.

1 hour ago, 4thBro said:

My current go-to is Daikyu + Nikana.

Then there's that junky melee mod, Healing Return.

What else is there, if I wanna use a melee that isn't a Nikana?

Companion with Hunter Synergy- she uses any ability at all, you heal. Paired with Pack Leader you two are almost immortal in a brawl :p

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, 4thBro a dit :

My current go-to is Daikyu + Nikana.

Then there's that junky melee mod, Healing Return.

What else is there, if I wanna use a melee that isn't a Nikana?

Not only Healing Return, but there is also Life Strike, which can be equipped on every melee weapon.

You can surely use my prefered syndicate melee : Magistar Sancti, which can heal you on each hit after you make a heavy attack (it's a little glitch when they changed the channeling system to the actual combo/haevy attack system).

You can also infuse Gloom or some other ability that gives you the possibility of getting some health orbs.

If you want to heal yourself with by other means than melee, you could use  :

1. Arcane Grace on your warframe,
  2. Magus Repair Magus Nourish or Magus Elevate on your operator,
  3. Vazarin Focus,
  4. Hunter Recovery on your companion.

And I think there are even more ways to do it.

• Like 2

That's quite a specific request.

If you only want it via melee and no mods ,

then there are a few specific weapons (hirudo , sancti magistar ) that have innate healing.

Zaws can be equipped with exodia might that gives you healing on finishers,

If you want to expand to general lifesteal , gloom via helminth is the closest but that will need energy management and would not be ideal for all frames.

Companions can also heal in different ways ,

Synth deconstruct mod has a chance to drop health orbs ,

Huntery recovery will heal you each time your companion does damage attacks.

Medi ray can heal you in small bursts.

Odomedic gives health regen on wall running.

Then of course there are arcanes , for both the frame as well as the operator to give healing.

Arcane grace is more suitable for frames which are already tanky ,

Arcane victory is good if you can actually get headshots,

Magus repair/elevate can heal from just going into operator mode 

You could also always just drop health pizzas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 4thBro said:

I would suggest SpectroSiphon but it's Effectiness on Ember won't be as good as it is on Mag or Booben.... It also requires one Extra Slot and I doubt Ember can Spare One 😱.

22 hours ago, taiiat said:

that's a pretty tall order of features that you want simultaneously

Indeed.... But Its Good that Tenno should Aim High.... And good of you to help them Achieve that goal ♥️ !!!

22 hours ago, taiiat said:

Magus Repair doesn't take any Mod Slots on anything and works always. :P

I've been using Vazarin lately... But the main reason was so that I could pick up my Pet.... The Healing Dash is just a Bonus... That being Said... You can't Buy Vazarin 😝...

22 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

can we? I can only get Exodia Contagion to appear on a Zaw no other melee. Unless I've missed something somewhere.

You can make a Nikanna Zaw I think is what he/she meant....

Im assuming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, chaotea said:

I use Magus vigor to spot heal when needed, is i can use any melee i like.

Magus Vigor is Max Health Arcane 🤔... Did you mean Elevate instead ?

21 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:
  •  
  • Hunter Recovery on your companion

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Huntery recovery will heal you each time your companion does damage attacks

I wanted to Comment on Hunter Recovery because I used this Quite Alot on Steel Path....

Basically  you just use Hunter Recovery with Pack Leader for what I like to Call the "Rolston's Reciprocating Round Robin Healing Jutsu" !!!  😝

However to make this build work in content where Healing Actually is a Concern you're going to need factor in the Healing you get in Return Scales based on the Amount of Damage your Pet Does... Against Shielded Enemies it's fine..... But Versus Armored Enemies you're going to need Alot more than Bite and Maul... 

So for this too work... Let's say my Pets have 12 Slots.... Once I've Crambed the majority of the Slots with all the mandatory mods... I can use the rest for getting Hunter Recovery to Actually Work... For Kubrows you'll want the Mod that Links your Kubrow's Status Chance to your Own Weapon (I forgot it's name... Mecha something) meaning you have to at the very least... Use a Status Based Primary Weapon.... For Kavats you're going to want Sharpened Claws.... Which goes nicely with Swipe.... But to get all that to Fit with your Other mods even in a Hypothetical 12 Slot Companion is just Wishful Thinking 🤣 !!!

According to the Wiki... This Combo apparently doesnt work anymore so it's literally just Sharpened Claws now....😭

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I wanted to Comment on Hunter Recovery because I used this Quite Alot on Steel Path....

Basically  you just use Hunter Recovery with Pack Leader for what I like to Call the "Rolston's Reciprocating Round Robin Healing Jutsu" !!!  😝

However to make this build work in content where Healing Actually is a Concern you're going to need factor in the Healing you get in Return Scales based on the Amount of Damage your Pet Does... Against Shielded Enemies it's fine..... But Versus Armored Enemies you're going to need Alot more than Bite and Maul... 

So for this too work... Let's say my Pets have 12 Slots.... Once I've Crambed the majority of the Slots with all the mandatory mods... I can use the rest for getting Hunter Recovery to Actually Work... For Kubrows you'll want the Mod that Links your Kubrow's Status Chance to your Own Weapon (I forgot it's name... Mecha something) meaning you have to at the very least... Use a Status Based Primary Weapon.... For Kavats you're going to want Sharpened Claws.... Which goes nicely with Swipe.... But to get all that to Fit with your Other mods even in a Hypothetical 12 Slot Companion is just Wishful Thinking 🤣 !!!

According to the Wiki... This Combo apparently doesnt work anymore so it's literally just Sharpened Claws now....😭

Panzer vulpaphyla , viral quills + hunter recovery.

It is like having passive healing (bite helps a lot) at almost all times.

Of course that's kinda subject to the overall build .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Panzer vulpaphyla , viral quills + hunter recovery.

It is like having passive healing (bite helps a lot) at almost all times.

Of course that's kinda subject to the overall build

I don't have one of those or their Tags.... 😝.... I have no intention of getting one either.... 

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I don't have one of those or their Tags.... 😝.... I have no intention of getting one either.... 

I have poor luck with stuff I want to farm and it was so with the Panzer. Unhappy at my luck, my good friend offered to take me on a conservation trip to Deimos. One trip where we did all the Vulpaphyla tracks under Fass iirc; 7 Weakened Panzers caught. Which was a surprise as we only recalled actually tranq'ing five foxes. We had at least 3 of everything else too just by  exploring Deimos. Weird that... Morghanna is since one of my main Companions, Vaquaera my Smeeta the other as either catfox is great for their role- Vaquaera for farming, Morghanna for Liches and Endless missions :p

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I have poor luck with stuff I want to farm and it was so with the Panzer. Unhappy at my luck, my good friend offered to take me on a conservation trip to Deimos. One trip where we did all the Vulpaphyla tracks under Fass iirc; 7 Weakened Panzers caught. Which was a surprise as we only recalled actually tranq'ing five foxes. We had at least 3 of everything else too just by  exploring Deimos. Weird that... Morghanna is since one of my main Companions, Vaquaera my Smeeta the other as either catfox is great for their role- Vaquaera for farming, Morghanna for Liches and Endless missions :p

Ironically spending time on Deimos got me to dust off my Chesa Kubrows.... Infacg I've been using him more often since I need less resources but still need specific mods... Thus the Ability to Roll for Drops twice has become important....

Unfortunately since we are in the Era of Status/Ability Immunity... Kubrows are still rubbish compared to Kavats...

I also Tried Helios but he blows through All 3 of his Regens during Stage one of every Bounty 🤔....

That reminds... I picked up Botanist from Simaris.... But I'm too lazy to test it 🤣

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Ironically spending time on Deimos got me to dust off my Chesa Kubrows.... Infacg I've been using him more often since I need less resources but still need specific mods... Thus the Ability to Roll for Drops twice has become important....

Unfortunately since we are in the Era of Status/Ability Immunity... Kubrows are still rubbish compared to Kavats...

I also Tried Helios but he blows through All 3 of his Regens during Stage one of every Bounty 🤔....

That reminds... I picked up Botanist from Simaris.... But I'm too lazy to test it 🤣

Aww poor doggo... he tried his best bless him.

Helios scans the catfox but we only get tags for Captures heh.

I learned from my friend's example that you want a Sleepquinox, Stealth frame or your Operator for Panzer farming as they are hyper-timid even for a Kavat species and disappear really fast

• Like 1