Chroma / Chroma Prime Suggested Rework

(PSN)LordChiefpre

Let's get to the point, dive right in. Chroma/Chroma Prime needs a rework/revisit. I loved playing as him back in the day but since self damage was removed from the game my Chroma sits in my arsenal collecting dust. Here are the changes that I feel the Community as a whole would enjoy. Remove all of Chromas' Armor as it is not affected by any mod. Doesnt increase with any armor mod at all. His base health for regular Chomra to be increased to 400, while Chroma Prime base health would be increased to 500. Now let's talk about abilities. His first ability Spectral Rage would be removed/renamed. The ability would be to press X to Enable self damage. The animation for this can be the animation of his 4th ability Effigy. While in this form he can take damage or self damage for 12 sec max duration to increase his damage buff, they more damage you take the greater your buff wil be. After the 12 secs Chroma becomes immune while he "resuits himself". By modding Vitiality you can increase his health pool for higher level enemies. The 12 sec duration is base and can only be increased to a maximum/cap of 24 secs with duration mods. His 2nd ability Elemental Ward would basically stay the same with minor changes.The overall base range would be increased to 10 meters. It can be increased with range based mods. However, here are Elemental Ward changes. You would tap to cycle between elements, heat, cold, tox, ele. You would press and hold to cast that element. Any enmey in the area of effect would be affected by that element type. Any ally to go through the area of effect would pick up that element as a bonus to their primary wpn for 30sec. His 3rd ability Vex Armor would change dramatically. While having to have your shields to be depleted to gain the armor buff, and health to be hit to gain dmg buff. Instead while activiting Vex Armor you immedieatly gain 600% armor buff, while Vex Armor is active any damage taken to shields would increase to armor buff. While Vex Armor is activate, you can activate your first ability however it will not gain dmg buff%. It would increase the Vex Armor buff %. For his Effigy we would completely rework it since the animation would go to the first ability. Instead of being call Effigy we would call if Flying Drake. Chroma would summon a small drake that would fly around and do the orignial abilities of effigy with 1 exception. We would remove the drain/sec efficeny and replace it with duration. Again duration mods can make him stay out longer but he would have a silimar health pool to Yarelis' Waveryder board. Let me know what you guys think. Any comments or adjustments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mang, you clearly had a brainstorm and wrote all that with the best intention but adding spacing or tab jumps would make it all way easier to read :P

I like Chroma a lot, my right hand and best friend made thru Warframe (clan wise as I am a leader) is a Chroma main and he is pretty happy with his current state, except with his 1st and 4th, just like everyone else.

Mind you, he even asked me to do a Chroma Umbra design concept for him and I ended up making him even happier :)

Forgive me from stranding from the main point, but thing is the changes you propose are actually meh.

Removing all of Chroma's armour?
Dude, then the hell are we doing with Vex Armour's armour buff? increasing any % over 0 will give 0 as a result :P

1st ability, self damage? Really? Look;
I know Chroma used to be meta back then before the damage calculation was "fixed" (lets be honest it was simply nerfed) and that dealing self damage with your gun or glaives was the fastest way to gain his buffs, but if you go to the type of missions I imagine you go with Chroma (Over level 40), do you take that long to gain those juicy bonuses? And if you are going to lower level ones, why are you even worried to gain those buffs, you'll probably decimate anything even without them.

2nd ability proposal is great.
Elemental ward makes sense to be the ability that allows you to cycle between elements instead of Spectral Scream, and having more base range would make even the solo play Chroma builds (Which I think are the only builds that people uses) have just enough range so that a teammate who walks nearby gets a small buff.
Tho I do not agree with the second segment of making Chroma a walking fly swatter by making him AoE status procing, as we already know this was the only reason they reworked Ember's World on Fire.

hace 10 horas, (PSN)LordChiefpre dijo:

His 3rd ability Vex Armor would change dramatically. While having to have your shields to be depleted to gain the armor buff, and health to be hit to gain dmg buff. Instead while activiting Vex Armor you immedieatly gain 600% armor buff, while Vex Armor is active any damage taken to shields would increase to armor buff. While Vex Armor is activate, you can activate your first ability however it will not gain dmg buff%. It would increase the Vex Armor buff %.

3rd ability was confusing to read thru.
But once I understood it, I half agreeded half not. Having a flat bonus from base that then scales over damage taken seems fine to me, that way Chroma stops being overshadowed by Mirage's brutal damage output. But making his (your proposed) 1st give a Vex armour buff seems weird and a bit complicated?

4th ability is also great, but lets make it even better.
I like the idea you propose for Effigy to become a similar thing to Celestial Twin, but making it duration based seems wack.
Just make it like Celestial Twin instead, lasts as long as you wish it to last, or if it gits rekt.

You know what they say about two wrongs not making 1 right, this rework idea is a good example of that, but you got good ideas, so now it is a matter of working towards improving the one that sucks: His first.