Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shiva-The Blackhole/Gravity warframe

(PSN)Don_Coyot

Some people started posting their ideas for a "gravity" warframe so I decided to post my own. A gravity warframe is a touchy one due to a possible resemblance to other warframes (especially mag) so I centered mine around a Blackhole concept as well. A melee centric warframe that pulls enemies towards it to pulverize them into them into dust. This is a warframe with a Blackhole in the center of it's body being contained only with void energy. This warframe may run off of timed abilities and charges rather than traditional energy style. Due to the idea of gravity being a force of nature, I thought that making some ability affects (such as pulling or visual hinderance) should affect allies to causing the warframe to be a hindrance to allies at time however does not cause damage to allies.

Name: Shiva

Passive: Supermassive

Shiva's abilities will generate magnitudes until he reaches a Charged state in which he converts them into basic void energy that infuses with his body to prevent internal damage Charged stare increases melee damage and reducing damage of incoming attacks for a short time. This is shown by a magnitude counter (most likely a black circle that will develop a revolving swirl around it). Magnitudes are used to activate abilities instead of using energy. Shiva will generate 1 magnitude every second with the max being 100, causing charged state to happen when going over 100.

Ability 1: Accretion disc

Shiva releases slight magnitude of their power creating a massive burning disc of dust and gas swirling around them. This ability will deal minor radiation and heat damage while slowly pulling enemies towards them1. This ability will consume 2 magnitude every second and can be deactivated at any time

Ability 2: Relativistic jets

Shiva releases magnitudes built up that causes gas and dust to launch at near light speeds in a line going behind and infront of them. This ability will consume all magnitudes gathered up while damage and range will depend of magnitudes spent. This attack deals radiation and puncture damage while punching through all enemies in the direction. Enemies affected by this ability will be knocked down (and possible launched)

Ability 3: Photon Sphere

Shiva will reveal more of their center causing a Photon sphere to from around them, crushing and absorbing any projectiles that hit the sphere (both inside and outside) and cause them to orbit for a short time. the sphere is shown to be a large black ball that makes it difficult to see beyond the sphere. Enemies trying to enter the sphere may be hit by captured projectiles (may affect allies?). Enemies inside the sphere will take large amounts of impact damage every second and will be significantly slowed1. This ability has its own health while also hindering the users vision and ranged combat. This Ability is primarily used to allow Shiva to approach ranged enemies while taking less damage. This ability will consume 20 magnitude and can be deactivated at any time.

Ability 4: Death, Destroyer of worlds

Shiva opens their containment chamber (in a meditation like pose), revealing the most destructive force in the universe. This causes three effects depending on how close enemies are to them. In the outermost ring (largest zone) enemies take Radiation damage and a slowly pulled towards the center1. The Middle Ring (Event Horizon) will deal impact damage for every second inside, causing enemies and projectiles to be hyperly slowed while being pulled towards the center at a higher rate2. The Innermost ring (Singularity) will deal an incredible amount of Impact damage and absorb projectiles. At the end of this ability, Shiva will generate a damage absorption relative to how many enemies died in the ability radius and damage absorb during the duration. The ability consumes 5 magnitude ever second nor can it be canceled when enacted. Photon sphere will be still active if this ability is initiated with it active (which could screw up damage absorption).

notes1: Allies are also pulled at the same rate of enemies. warframes will be fast enough to it doesn't trap or majorly slow them down.

notes2: Allies are pulled at half the rate enemies are (For higher pull speeds) which causes it to become difficult to direct of move outside the area

Notes: I may create actual stats if people actually like this concept but other than that this is one that I've thought about for a while but never could really figure out without potentially being a better version of a warframe or to overpowered. This one is probably to overpowered which is why I added the little negative parts of this warframe affecting allies and being slower to generate magnitude. was inspired to put my take on gravity warframe by tattsu7793's Hadron concept (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1283771-hadron-the-gravity-warframe-not-mag/) and zyquaza's Horizon concept (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1283733-horizon-gravity-warframe-concept/).

Would like criticism on this if you would kindly do so....

I like the sound of your warframe but it does feel like there is a bit too much happening in its abilities, which could end up making Shiva unnecessarily complicated. Simplifying their abilities by cutting away some parts could work.

Alternatively, Shiva could be split into two separate uniquely-themed warframes. One warframe could keep the void-locked blackhole concept you have and the other warframe could have a nebula/space storm concept. The 1st and 2nd abilities I believe could work as the basis for a nebula-themed warframe that manipulates gas, dust and ice (maybe some radiation too).

Also, I'm glad my Horizon could serve as inspiration for you. It means a lot to me hearing that.

9 minutes ago, zyquaza said:

I like the sound of your warframe but it does feel like there is a bit too much happening in its abilities, which could end up making Shiva unnecessarily complicated. Simplifying their abilities by cutting away some parts could work.

Alternatively, Shiva could be split into two separate uniquely-themed warframes. One warframe could keep the void-locked blackhole concept you have and the other warframe could have a nebula/space storm concept. The 1st and 2nd abilities I believe could work as the basis for a nebula-themed warframe that manipulates gas, dust and ice (maybe some radiation too).

Also, I'm glad my Horizon could serve as inspiration for you. It means a lot to me hearing that.

Yeah, kinda figured too much may be happening with it. Considering the two Warframe ideas, the other could be Vishnu to make them reflect upon each other. Could probably split the final ability up 3 ways to make it to activate them separately.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Don_Coyot said:

Yeah, kinda figured too much may be happening with it. Considering the two Warframe ideas, the other could be Vishnu to make them reflect upon each other. Could probably split the final ability up 3 ways to make it to activate them separately.

Something that helps me when making a warframe is to list all the concepts and ideas you have for your chosen theme and then look through them to see if you can isolate some common aspects that would work as a seperate warframe theme.

Archived