Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolyte spawned in low-level Cambion Drift

OmegaVoid

Yesterday, while my Star Chart was set to Steel Path, I went to the the Necralisk and started a Tier 2 Bounty (level 15-25).

After completing the Bounty, while I was still in the Cambion Drift, an Acolyte spawned in -- as if I was in Steel Path (though not at Steel Path levels).

I'm not sure that this is a bug... If you started Cambion Drift in Steel Path, then the loaded map has Steel Path properties. Starting a low level bounty there only changes the enemy levels so that players can still do those bounties... But the Cambion Drift that was loaded still has Steel Path properties, so Acolytes will still spawn in that map even with a low level bounty active...

I know what you mean because that's pretty much what comes through to the player, but consider the following situation...

4 players group up for bounties in Steel Path, but only 1 of them is actually running a Steel Path viable setup (Not necessarily the 1-hit nuke the entire Origin System kind of setup) while the other 3 are players that barely have a functional build for later stages of normal Star Chart...

Since Steel Path properties still load, even if a low level bounty is activated, and rewards that should affected by those modifiers will remain affected by them, its actually a good way for those unprepared players to get mods, or resources, faster... It would be rather weird to have an Acolyte spawn during a low level bounty without having its level adjusted to give a fighting chance for those unprepared players.

... This weirdness happened before though (not really under these circumstances), that's why the devs added the level adjustment when they appear during active bounties...

Archived