Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will converted liches be reworked ever?

Jivy

Question

Not sure if this has been already answered but i haven't seen anyone really talking about it, other than Railjack and the chance for your lich to spawn in a mission, there isn't a lot of reason to convert a lich from what I've seen, will they ever put more incentive to convert them or will they just stay the same?

7 answers to this question

They were Reworked in My Absence Last Year to make them even more Annoying 😐.

48 minutes ago, Jivy said:

Not sure if this has been already answered but i haven't seen anyone really talking about it, other than Railjack and the chance for your lich to spawn in a mission, there isn't a lot of reason to convert a lich from what I've seen, will they ever put more incentive to convert them or will they just stay the same?

Oh you mean Converted Liches.... I mean yeah... Once people start neglecting their Lich & Sisters they probably will.... Or they might just Bribe us with more weapons and Ephemeras....

You can assign one of your crew to On Call... including Lich/Sis.    This lets you summon them on other missions.   They stick around for 3-5 minutes??  Cooldown is 10 mins....  

This is awesome for distracting enemies.  Your Lich I think IS pretty much invincible....    Spectres last longer so I wouldnt exactly depend on them for like interceptions or defense.  You can... you just have to be aware that he is gonna ghost you during the mission.   

(That would be hella cool if Lich/Sis said stuf when they left.   Like "Good luck with that, loser" "Die well!!"   "I cant wait to tell Cy about this")

----------------------

I think there is a different point to make though....  DE did change things...  they made weapon fusions waaaaay better.   I would like to consume converted lichs and be able to fight them again or just get their weapons so I can squish them lol.   

If we are talking making converted liches more useful.... my first and only real suggestion is nuke the time limits.   Let them stay out as long as spectres/infinite....  if there has to be a cooldown make it like 2 minutes.  Thats an eternity in a warframe mission that are usually less than 5.   Oh!!!  I would love to be able to UNSUMMON.    I use Ivara on Steel Path alot to grind simaris standing.  I call my lich any time an acolyte shows...    Except then my trusty Lich goes on a war path and starts a war on every tile while im over here trying to sneak past everyone lol.   I dont enjoy having my spy turn into survival lol.  

If we are being greedy I would ask to be able to equip whatever weapon I want to them.   Ree Duu had a tonkor and obvi im not giving up on my awesome lich with the coolest name ever.  

15 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

(That would be hella cool if Lich/Sis said stuf when they left.   Like "Good luck with that, loser" "Die well!!"   "I cant wait to tell Cy about this")

They have arrive and depart lines if they show up randomly, the way converted Nemeses are supposed to do. But if you summon them with the On Call option, they don't use their dialogue. I wish they did; there's not really a good reason not to. I think it's just a coding oversight.

Yeah it feels odd that the Converted Rivals only come to you after you've fallen once and completely on their own whim. They're supposed to work FOR you, not just WITH you. You're their new BOSS. You should be able to tell them where and why you want them to show up and when you want them to leave, and it should NOT require a specific intrinsic, let alone a near-max one.

17 hours ago, Dauggie said:

TBH they are random uncontrollable AI, so i won't bother too much. i don't think you start a mission thinking of "oh i'll rely on my lich to kill enemies". it's better to ignore them then to add another pointless Grind for them.

When i am afk or have to do something i do as my current on call one has 59% zarr and she can kill.pretty easily , just for 1-2 minutes afk i do rely on them

i don't think so.

DE's latest data shows that reworking stuff does not change the play time for those stuff. it only makes people (who'll play them either way) happier.

since our happiness is way less valuable for them than our money, so they'll put their efforts on creating new contents instead.
new contents brings new and old players back. and more players = more money.

Archived