Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am thinking of making something pretty crazy.

(PSN)Pablogamer585

This feedback section is dedicated to weapons, and I am close to having tried all of the weapons in the game, kitguns and zaws included, so I was thinking of making a megathread about each weapon* in a very organized and keen to the eye way, by giving my feedback on each. *Including weapon related arcanes+that affect weapon stats.

Warframe has a magnific variety of weaponry that is ever expanding, and that is one of the things I love about the game, the arsenal.
However, for the longest time melees have ruled supreme and lots of guns have been classified as "Mastery Fodder" or mediocre when compared to melees. Even the recently added Ghoul saw, as underwhelming as its delivery was, still had more scaling potential than plenty of guns. That doesn't mean there aren't bad melees out there of course, but they are still better than most guns because they can scale without external help.

Riven system, gun arcanes and galvanized mods tried to fix these differences but in all honesty they have only made the powerful even more powerful and the weak barely acceptable.
There are few exceptions of goodies becoming godlies now, which is actually nice, but those are rather few.

Kuva and Tenet weapon introduction gave some older weapons a nice glow up and plenty liked this, to the point of requesting more of these to be added in the future.
I would also like to include variants to some already existing weapons that I am aware people likes, but that ultimately are not up to the expectations.
Got plenty thought with nice gimmicks and unique mechanics, which is a very requested thing for weapons in this game, as the dissapointment of  "[variant] weapon name" being just an increased stats/better looking same weapon, has settled down on our community for far too long.

And yes I am also aware this would create (In the case of Kuva and Tenets) the disscussion of "reee I need to grind against RNGesus again reeeeee too much RNG reeeee" but fear not, for I already proposed a nice solution on someone else's post to this issue.

So now that I am mentally prepared to do it, the question is, should I?
My posts tend to go on the veeery lenthy side, but this one would be even worse in terms of size, and I am aware people in the forums do not like to read complex or long things all that much, from my previous experience, but even if this post were to happen, I think it would look rather simple and hopefully not tiring for anyone brave enough to actually check it, plus just the thought of some ideas happening could put a smile on some's faces, which is my main goal.

I shall be waiting for opinions :D

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

the question is, should I?

If you gonna fix that issue with % based mods and multipliers working extra good with high Base stats, while doing nothing to low Base stats, then sure.  Do it. 

Keep in mind that no more powercreep is allowed.  Look at DE with their Arquebex.  Don't want every enemy in game to run DPS cap.

Also, I saw many of those "large and detailed" threads.  They are pop and such....but usually don't cause much change in the game.  So you will mostly do this for yourself.

hace 3 minutos, Kainosh dijo:

If you gonna fix that issue with % based mods and multipliers working extra good with high Base stats, while doing nothing to low Base stats, then sure.

Could say I have something in mind but I want to mainly talk about weapons and their stats rather than mods and modding. Could make it part of the thread if people requests it.

hace 4 minutos, Kainosh dijo:

Keep in mind that no more powercreep is allowed.  Look at DE with their Arquebex.  Don't want every enemy in game to run DPS cap.

No more powercreep is allowed... I don't like powercreep at all, I've experienced the downfall of one of my favourite games because of it.
What I aim with that post is to "expand" posibilities of the arsenal, but also to reason why some things ought stay as they are.

The Arquebex... I guess you are citing that post they made about damage reduction changes for enemies such as Sisters, being downed in few seconds by Super Heavy Artillery Cannons? That was fine to me, I mean, why do we need to have enemies capable of enduring half a million shots from a weapon with enough firepower (Lore wise) to Decimate a whole planet in one, pretty absurd.
It is not like litches and sisters have a difficulty factor outside of being damage sponges, which is always fixed with more dakka.

hace 11 minutos, Kainosh dijo:

Also, I saw many of those "large and detailed" threads.  They are pop and such....but usually don't cause much change in the game.  So you will mostly do this for yourself.

I am aware, but that is the general motto for any single post in the forums is it not?
Anyone can write their own ideas, which could potentially make the game magnific if implemented, or some are pretty terrible and quite selfish, but who ensures you they'll be read or even taken into consideration?
Like I said, I make this to put a smile on people's faces, and to have some fun myself too, but thanks for the encouraging words!

On 2021-10-12 at 12:45 PM, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

So now that I am mentally prepared to do it, the question is, should I?

Why you want to write it?

Just because you like WF? I wouldn't bother - wiki would have probably better & more organized info.

You want practice your English, writing or some other stuffs as well? Sure, by doing what you enjoy you may learn stuffs faster.

How you would organize it?

You know how to make your text "readable". You probably know it already (seeing your post) that you know that you should "press Enter few times". That's basic of basics. I don't care if someone makes mistakes. A text should be just more or less readable. However if someone put WALL OF TEXT I wouldn't bother reading it.

You want to write something MUCH BIGGER. You want to put some sections or just list all weapons? We have already list of weapons in the Wiki. We can list them by categories (e.g. Beam weapon or melee types) or by certain stat (e.g. slash or speed).

What kind of sections? If it would be just like the Wiki then I wouldn't bother reading it. On other hand some kind of interaction would be nice, for example:

- Weapon vs Void status: what kind of weapons (e.g. high status/firerate/range), that "Sarpa can proc Void but bullets won't use it" bug,

- Weapons good for popping Saryn's "stuffs": for example Tenet exec' slam attack isn't great but what it can do with spores.... "Greeners screams"

Unique features (and that doesn't work):

- weapons with unique features (e.g. Telos boltace slide, Warfans heavy attack or Balistica prime charged shot)

- weapons/mods that doesn't work (e.g. 2nd-ary Vermisplicer or Knockdown mod for Furax).

Last but not least, do you want to use this forum or upload it somewhere else?

If I were to write something bigger I would consider some better text editor so I can:

- make list with link to each sections

- make text more readable (text size, format, color etc)

hace 2 minutos, quxier dijo:

Why you want to write it?

Just because you like WF? I wouldn't bother - wiki would have probably better & more organized info.

You want practice your English, writing or some other stuffs as well? Sure, by doing what you enjoy you may learn stuffs faster.

I have plenty of free time (in spite of being a college student) and I am pretty creative, so I always have random ideas that I like to share with others, thought this would be a nice way of sharing my opinion with others and perhaps if it were to work, get some of the things I'll list to be added.

I love Warframe, same as lot of players do, but this is more of a "charity for the community and quality improvement recomendation" than just sheer love for the game. It is not just listing the weapons in the game with descriptions, it is more about analyzing what we currently have and making suggestions based on their state.

Practicing my english... well it surely is not my main language but I feel like I am fluent enough innit. Have I made any kind of spelling mistakes that have given it away? I always like to improve my skills on anything.

hace 9 minutos, quxier dijo:

How you would organize it?

You know how to make your text "readable". You probably know it already (seeing your post) that you know that you should "press Enter few times". That's basic of basics. I don't care if someone makes mistakes. A text should be just more or less readable. However if someone put WALL OF TEXT I wouldn't bother reading it.

You want to write something MUCH BIGGER. You want to put some sections or just list all weapons? We have already list of weapons in the Wiki. We can list them by categories (e.g. Beam weapon or melee types) or by certain stat (e.g. slash or speed).

What kind of sections? If it would be just like the Wiki then I wouldn't bother reading it. On other hand some kind of interaction would be nice, for example:

- Weapon vs Void status: what kind of weapons (e.g. high status/firerate/range), that "Sarpa can proc Void but bullets won't use it" bug,

- Weapons good for popping Saryn's "stuffs": for example Tenet exec' slam attack isn't great but what it can do with spores.... "Greeners screams"

Unique features (and that doesn't work):

- weapons with unique features (e.g. Telos boltace slide, Warfans heavy attack or Balistica prime charged shot)

- weapons/mods that doesn't work (e.g. 2nd-ary Vermisplicer or Knockdown mod for Furax).

Why thank you for that compliment. I'll take it as a compliment. (is it a compliment?)

I'll explain the planned post, so that the idea is clearer for anyone who reads this, you being my priority;

STEP 1: Collect the data. This is pretty much what you were talking about when you mentioned weapons already being organised on the Wiki I trust?
-Take ALL weapons, ordered A to Z
+Divide them by factions
++Subdivide them by class (Primary, secondary...),
+++Group the ones from the same family (Strun for example and its 4 variants)

STEP 2: Analyse
-Like I mentioned, I have tried almost every single weapon in the game already, so this step should be a bit easy to guess.
-Here I make some comments about the weapons themselves. If they are have variants, I make a small comparation between 'em, and some minor tweaks or additions I'd make.
-Additions would be mostly for Primes, Kuvas and Tenets. Pplenty of older players complain about their "special" weapons having nothing of special besides better stats, so why not add some extra spice to them?

STEP 3: To the lab!
-Showcase of improved modding and arcanes for weapons. I will be making myself those mods by adding text to a "clean" mod template, and some pics of people posing with their frames & weapons so that it looks more like in-game.
This one part tho, doesn't fully depend of me, but if anyone were to be keen enough to do that, it would be hugely appreciated, though, seeing the post on the Fan zone where I  asked for that help, no one seems interested. :c
Anyways, gun's modding and arcanes mostly since melees do be pretty fine and I don't think they need many "improvements" to their current modding kit.

STEP 4: Saying sorry and thanking
-I always say sorry at the end of many of my posts because I love to type, making my posts BIG, and I know people here likes things that are short and to the point.
I like to be short and tot he point in real life, but given my chatty nature I often dwell further and end up making something way bigger than what it should. Hence why I thank anyone with enough patience to put up with all my chatter, and apologise to them too.

Think that is a good description of my plan, in a more or less comprehensible way(?)
Hopefully I haven't dissapointed you with the sections and "interaction", I wasn't aware Sarpa could do that O-o

1 hour ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Have I made any kind of spelling mistakes that have given it away? I always like to improve my skills on anything.

English is my 2nd language so don't ask me about "extreme" stuffs. I don't see mistakes.

I love Warframe, same as lot of players do, but this is more of a "charity for the community and quality improvement recomendation" than just sheer love for the game. It is not just listing the weapons in the game with descriptions, it is more about analyzing what we currently have and making suggestions based on their state.

If that's the case then you should check wiki. Some stuffs may be already there. It still good reason, imho.

Why thank you for that compliment. I'll take it as a compliment. (is it a compliment?)

Well, it's not big compliment. It's just annoys me when someone cannot even press Enter (or whatever button you have). I've seen one person that puts more text than your initial post without pressing single Enter. I haven't bothered to read more than line or two.

STEP 1: Collect the data. This is pretty much what you were talking about when you mentioned weapons already being organised on the Wiki I trust?
-Take ALL weapons, ordered A to Z
+Divide them by factions
++Subdivide them by class (Primary, secondary...),
+++Group the ones from the same family (Strun for example and its 4 variants)

Then, imho, it's not different than current wiki.

Anyways, gun's modding and arcanes mostly since melees do be pretty fine and I don't think they need many "improvements" to their current modding kit.

Damage wise? Probably most weapons are ok.

However other things about weapons and stances needs fixes, improvements or just changes. For example stances:

- lots of weapons have bad or swapped standing and moving combos (e.g. Bullet dance: moving combo slashes around you AND standing looks like it want to move forward).

- lots of stances are either bad, boring or similar to 90% other stances

hace 21 minutos, quxier dijo:

Then, imho, it's not different than current wiki.

Lets say it will be some kind of "A guy's weapon wiki + how to improve arsenal's current modding system" then :d

Sinamanh (first guy who replied) had a good point regarding that, I'll try to make it as interesting and non-boring as possible so everyone can enjoy reading it.

After all it's not just describing the weapons, but also making a revision of them.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Lets say it will be some kind of "A guy's weapon wiki + how to improve arsenal's current modding system" then :d

Sinamanh (first guy who replied) had a good point regarding that, I'll try to make it as interesting and non-boring as possible so everyone can enjoy reading it.

After all it's not just describing the weapons, but also making a revision of them.

Sure but unless you know weapon you will have harder time to find something that fits you. Just so you know.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Then, I'll make sure all Tennos, newer or older like me, get to know the arsenal deeply, and get an idea of what they could like if they were to be looking for something specific!

Is this from a perspective of each weapon carries the player through a mission on its own, or…?

Justo ahora, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

Is this from a perspective of each weapon carries the player through a mission on its own, or…?

Like I said, and wouldn't like to sound repetitive, I have tried almost all weapons in the game already, so I'd like to express how I feel about each one.
It kind of is the perspective of how weapons have carried a player through missions over the years, as you have said, but more personal.

I know lower rank weapons shouldn't just be able to perform as well as higher rank ones, so it is an evolving journey that I'll document, instead of just saying the gun does this, the gun does that. like a basic description or a wiki would do.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Like I said, and wouldn't like to sound repetitive, I have tried almost all weapons in the game already, so I'd like to express how I feel about each one.
It kind of is the perspective of how weapons have carried a player through missions over the years, as you have said, but more personal.

I know lower rank weapons shouldn't just be able to perform as well as higher rank ones, so it is an evolving journey that I'll document, instead of just saying the gun does this, the gun does that. like a basic description or a wiki would do.

Cool cool.

I meant like, are the weapons overtuned enough to be the main solution to any fight? That tends to be the case, which means newbies and anyone looking for a fight should take a guide like this with a grain of salt, since they’ll still be dealing with situations where (example) resistances come into play or AoE isn’t always the answer, and the idea of a hard carry from a single piece of equipment isn’t really a thing

hace 1 minuto, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

Cool cool.

I meant like, are the weapons overtuned enough to be the main solution to any fight? That tends to be the case, which means newbies and anyone looking for a fight should take a guide like this with a grain of salt, since they’ll still be dealing with situations where (example) resistances come into play or AoE isn’t always the answer, and the idea of a hard carry from a single piece of equipment isn’t really a thing

Completely agree! That is why I love to swap my tools often, though sometimes I look at all of them and say to myself, "what do I play with today?", but I gotta do it x3 because we have 3 weapons we can carry!

As you have said, there is always a right tool for the right job, and I'll make sure to reflect that on my article, starting tomorrow! Friday finally, yayyy, can't wait to get started once I get home :d

Just now, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Completely agree! That is why I love to swap my tools often, though sometimes I look at all of them and say to myself, "what do I play with today?", but I gotta do it x3 because we have 3 weapons we can carry!

As you have said, there is always a right tool for the right job, and I'll make sure to reflect that on my article, starting tomorrow! Friday finally, yayyy, can't wait to get started once I get home :d

Haha. I can’t help but feel I missed conveying what I meant, but I guess good luck. It would probably be good to add a disclaimer or something describing how you tend to play the game, so that anyone reading it can be like “Yeah, this sounds similar to how I play, the descriptions of weapons will be applicable to me”

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

I'll make sure to be as detailed as needed, but not as possible, just so the reader doesn't feel like he's reading a thesis or scientific paper that could fuse their brainz out of sheer blah blah blah-ing :P

If you could address the in-mission interplay of equipment brought to a mission, that’d be cool too. Wouldn’t require number crunching or anything, just something like “This Lex makes for a solid compliment to a Boar shotgun” or something; what we bring to a mission can require each piece of equipment complimenting each other according to resistances or weapon type or situation, so your experience with having to switch between primary, secondary, and melee in-mission to make up for a different weapon’s shortcomings can be valuable

Your English is superb and I would have never known it was not your native tongue!  Like I said before, more info (assuming it is accurate) is never a bad thing so I encourage you to make your tabulation of weapon data, mixed in with your personal usage experience, should make for interesting reading! Warframe can always use dedicated and creative minds to help showcase its plethora of choices available for weapons or Warframes.  I am eager to witness your spin on your personal weapons of choice and commend you for taking your time to possibly help other players looking to find a new weapon to add to their arsenal. 

Do it because YOU want to and don't be discouraged by others who say its been done before since your views on weapons might be more insightful than just a spreadsheet filled with Stats that often time don't translate into " this weapon is FUN to use because...." 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Archived