Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest and rage enemy speed buff isn't as fast as molecular prime speed despite having the same percentage, Why?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I was very eager to put rest and rage on Nyx.

I experimented with speed nova and mind control, and the results are very very good.

The mind control target shoots faster, moves faster, recovers from status effects and stuns quicker, and even takes less time to aim and land shots.

That was Molecular prime with only -30% slow.

I thought rest and rage with +30% enemy speed might have the same results, but it doesn't, the target is much slower than Nova's speed effect, it's not even noticeable.

Any ideas why? 🤔

No idea, but I'm curious.  Although not quite curious enough yet to spend resources subsuming MC to test it.

Does it look to you like the two abilities have about the same speed effect on uncontrolled enemies?

Do Raged enemies slow down after being MC'd?

Is the duration about the same on both Molecular and Rage and not especially short? 

Does it look like you can refresh Molecular's effect on a MC'd enemy? 

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Does it look to you like the two abilities have about the same speed effect on uncontrolled enemies?

Nope

Do Raged enemies slow down after being MC'd?

Nope

s the duration about the same on both Molecular and Rage and not especially short? 

The duration is different but both are long enough to observe how they behave

Does it look like you can refresh Molecular's effect on a MC'd enemy? 

No because MC'd enemy becomes an ally so he is unaffected by the second cast

No idea, but I'm curious.  Although not quite curious enough yet to spend resources subsuming MC to test it.

Simple, go to the simulacrum, cast molecular prime, then go back to arsenal and change to Nyx, the effect is still there and you can mind control any primed target and see how fast they behave, the target becomes really really effective at killing things.

Well that means i won't have to continue farm regular equinox anymore, god the wait time and grind is still ridiculous!

This could simply be down to what the abilities affect. Speed versus Movement.

The first is easy to explain; a 50% increase in Speed (the stat) actually only affects regular movements and your rate of attack. Animations are not always sped up, as we've seen with the Parkour system, where that is a completely separate stat that can be modded for (using mods like Lightning Step).

However, Nova is not increasing their speed. She's reducing their movement, and in the case of Speed Nova, she's 'negatively' reducing their movement. This affects everything from Speed to Attack rate to every other animation they do.

This means that if Rage simply increases base movement and attack speed, then it can't make things reload faster, it can't make them do any animation-related things like Mantling or Taking Cover or Targeting faster... it's just when they're walking/running and attacking.

Meanwhile, Nova is making every single thing they do faster, because it's supposed to be a general dampening on those things and we're reversing the equation.

This can create the effect you're experiencing.

It could also be who the abilities affect: Nova's marks a target, however Equinox is a radial debuff that only affects enemies in range. The second that the enemy becomes an Ally through Mind Control? Why would it be affected by Rage.

Archived