Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP ideas to improve

Pansaii

guys we all know no one plays the pvp in warframe . and it could use some changes just to improve and get players to blow off steam after getting fraustrated in endless rng or just to have some sense of competition . if u guys have some ideas i would like to hear them out . no big things just small things that could get u inerested in pvp 

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I can't imagine a world where I switch from PvE to PvP to blow off steam.

my bad i mean playing with friends having laughter camping corners doing stupid stuff . i meant the rng in endless missions after three hours of farming . some feeding in pvp is always good 

24 minutes ago, lokmane125 said:

guys we all know no one plays the pvp in warframe . and it could use some changes just to improve and get players to blow off steam after getting fraustrated in endless rng or just to have some sense of competition . if u guys have some ideas i would like to hear them out . no big things just small things that could get u inerested in pvp 

Community here hate PVP in warframe

But imagine if PVP would award with potatoes and forma or even relics
Then magically it would start getting populated

Thats not my solution just a wild guess

To be clear i hate PVP in all games if game isnt PVP by default

Personally I'd be more interested in it if I didn't need to go through a Discord to find when others are actually queued up. But fixing that requires it to get slightly popular.

But there really is no "small" fix to solving Conclave. Too much of the community is either disinterested or were burnt by past experiences/assumptions with the mode.

17 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

and they got a point to hate pvp it cause so much toxicity within the community but i think its something everygame needs .bcz there is so much diversity between players not everyone can handle the rng thats why the spend money ingame . like u said better rewards better player numbers . and i am here just to listen what community thinks about it

1 minute ago, Joezone619 said:

Warframe is not a good game for PvP. They'd have to rebalance practically every weapon and warframe in the game, and that's just for a start. Conclave exists, but even that isn't really balanced at all, just more restrictive.

true . but conclave is a part of warframe and its sad when new player try it and everybody is like 'nobody play conclave' . like u said balancing every weapon and warframe just to start would take too long . and i had a idea what if u dont have to change it leave everything as it is . every warframe and weapon start with level 1 during the match and u get mods and exp as drop with each kill thus reaching the full build is key to end the match

10 minutes ago, trst said:

Personally I'd be more interested in it if I didn't need to go through a Discord to find when others are actually queued up. But fixing that requires it to get slightly popular.

But there really is no "small" fix to solving Conclave. Too much of the community is either disinterested or were burnt by past experiences/assumptions with the mode.

more numbers interested in would be a proper fix

1 hour ago, lokmane125 said:

and they got a point to hate pvp it cause so much toxicity within the community but i think its something everygame needs .bcz there is so much diversity between players not everyone can handle the rng thats why the spend money ingame . like u said better rewards better player numbers . and i am here just to listen what community thinks about it

There are tons of PVP games even counter strike for example or all fighting games tekken/SF/MK with far more toxic players than we have here
Yet somehow it dont prevent them from being much more popular

Here we have issue not of toxic players but of ppl that dont want it just because they dont want it
While some players could actually like and enjoy it

But also we need to keep in mind PVP in warframe is content island which serves no other purpose than being there like frame fighter or happy zephyr
Even from stupid animal capture you can get something in return

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

There are tons of PVP games even counter strike for example or all fighting games tekken/SF/MK with far more toxic players than we have here
Yet somehow it dont prevents them from being much more popular

Here we have issue not of toxic players but of ppl that dont want it just because they dont want it
While some players could actually like and enjoy it

But also we need to keep in mind PVP in warframe is content island which server no other purpose than being there like frame fighter or happy zephyr
Even from stupid animal capture you can get something in return

true i guess  . 

The only way to make pvp viable is necramech vs necramech, they are slow, easy to play, easy to enjoy. For all these 20 guys who play conclave and allways say "NO BRO WARFRAME IS LIKE THIS", thats totally fine, we should have different gamemodes, even included kdrive stuff

If you go deep, any fps competitive game is easier to learn and easier to play, overwatch, csgo or call of duty, now for all of those if you want master it you need a lot of hours, and thats how should be.

Might wanna check out the Conclave subforum (https://forums.warframe.com/forum/114-conclave/), you won't find any love for it in General Discussion.

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

They'd have to rebalance practically every weapon and warframe in the game, and that's just for a start.

Weapons already have separate stats/modding/loadouts in Conclave. Frames already have separate abilities and augments. That work has already been done long ago.

11 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

The only way to make pvp viable is necramech vs necramech, they are slow, easy to play, easy to enjoy. For all these 20 guys who play conclave and allways say "NO BRO WARFRAME IS LIKE THIS", thats totally fine, we should have different gamemodes, even included kdrive stuff

If you go deep, any fps competitive game is easier to learn and easier to play, overwatch, csgo or call of duty, now for all of those if you want master it you need a lot of hours, and thats how should be.

yeah sometimes different gets players together . just bcz warframe's most content is focused on PvE doesnt mean PvP is bad sometimes change is good . like u said necramech vs necramech is good idea . i am here just to listen and share ideas and thoughts

1 hour ago, lokmane125 said:

my bad i mean playing with friends having laughter camping corners doing stupid stuff

Oh if you wanna have fun with friends in PvP, then I would definitely recommend Lunaro.  Then you don't even need to make PvP better, because Lunaro is already good!

41 minutes ago, lokmane125 said:

yeah sometimes different gets players together . just bcz warframe's most content is focused on PvE doesnt mean PvP is bad sometimes change is good . like u said necramech vs necramech is good idea . i am here just to listen and share ideas and thoughts

Well thats actually the soul of warframe, people install the game because want an easy game, very flashy, with a lot of rng. People want that here.

This is why i think personally, and thats a correct choice conclave should not have a rework, because the chance to be dead in a month is very high. If you want play a pvp shooter, you have many of them, very balanced, with the whole group of dev dedicated on that pvp aspect.

the idea of having all in one in a game is not good in my opinion, they maded railjack, kdrives, fishes, minery, framefighter, zephyr little game, and more, a lot of different gamemodes, and people still stick on mot fissures against lvl 40, and doesnt matter if you are a new player or you have 6 years in this game, people just play mot.

But going to your point if you want a positive change in conclave, should be that. Easy pvp like the main game.

Here's an idea – standardise stats, don't allow abilities, and heavily restrict weapons. Then it might resemble something playable.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Oh if you wanna have fun with friends in PvP, then I would definitely recommend Lunaro.  Then you don't even need to make PvP better, because Lunaro is already good!

That's true, a shame it is not very popular.

Honestly, I don't like pvp in general, warframe or not, but a Grineer vs Corpus could have some potential; if they work like in TNW gameplay they showed us

Like @Genitivesaid above, there wouldn't be mods, abilities, & weapons would be restricted, so balancing wouldn't be too hard to do

4 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Very early on in Conclave 2.0 we had potatoes as a rare match reward. Community was up in arms, so that was removed. I had never received one then, but I think it was a legendary tier chance to get one. Forma Blueprint was kept and is at that tier, so that's why I think potato blueprints had that chance, too.

Random Relic packs are in the shop like in other Syndicates. But while over time, other things (PvE) were made easier and less time consuming, match rewards and standing gain here haven't been updated in years.

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

Here's an idea – standardise stats, don't allow abilities, and heavily restrict weapons. Then it might resemble something playable.

We already had that, too.

The Variant mode of Annihilation, a tweaked Opticor and instagib gameplay was something we had. Got removed without a reason given and has since been requested to be brought back a lot of times, too (latest here). On the Discord we've come to think it was "replaced" when they made one of the mini events and then just never re-enabled.

The mini events were basically that, too. Snowday Showdown, Quick Steel and the Valentine's day mode (forgot whether that had a specific name). All Warframes having the same stats and simplified gameplay with specific weapons. The devs would basically just have to pick up one of these again, they already existed in some form.

11 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Very early on in Conclave 2.0 we had potatoes as a rare match reward. Community was up in arms, so that was removed.

That is kinda my personal problem with PVP in warframe

I dont go play tekken or street fighter to get something
I do it cause its enjoyable

3 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

That is kinda my personal problem with PVP in warframe

I dont go play tekken or street fighter to get something
I do it cause its enjoyable

Yes, that's one of the cheapest excuses, too.

In a game that's all about collecting an insane amount of stuff, somehow this part of it is "not allowed" to have things that are worthwhile. I mean, things that help with progression and are not a lot worse options than some of the alternatives. I've heard that so many times, that "it should only be for fun".

It's no wonder that only a few people even want to give it a try in the first place. PvE doesn't farm itself in the background, after all.

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Teshin's Twin Nikana for rank 5 reward, nowhere else as conclave exclusive weapon

Archived