Argument to make Iron Shrapnel a base part of Rhino's kit.

Neloc

This changes many build and polarities of tenno friends and newcomers.

For this situation I would recommend a rework on Iron Shrapnel mod where it should increase the power's strength by 55%, so you can remove Trancient Fortude with the increased skill duration bonus and the free slot.

5 hours ago, LucentLuastra said:

What’s more urgent for Rhino is making his Ironclad Charge part of his default 1 ability, because the base ability becomes utterly useless beyond Mars level enemy. 

In a more wider and deeper scope, DE really has to spend time in the future reviewing the damage system of Warframe/Archwing abilities as, in the current state, most damage abilities are complete dog S#&$ and have no real way of damage scaling. 

I had not considered making Ironclad charge innate mainly because it gives Rhino an instant stat boost. I was trying to make it a change that had a very low barrier to entry like just recasting Iron skin as it doesn't give you a stat boost it just lets you do something a lot of other frames can already do. 

However I do agree with you, there are a lot of systems that need to be looked at but this post was just for something simple. A simple change to Iron skin to make it more interactive and less I hit it whenever it goes away. I don't really see Rhino as being a damage frame I am pretty ok with his main damage contribution being Roar because Roar is just a really good ability. But a change that would be interesting would be to how charge interacts with iron skin, because right now when you use Charge with Iron skin on you get a guaranteed blast proc normally a guaranteed status proc would be great, there is just one problem the blast proc staggers enemies which is made completely pointless since charge already rag dolls them. This would be an interesting topic for another post on talking about how other synergies could be brought to Rhino and which of his augments could be tweaked or added to his base kit to make him a more interesting warframe. 

• Like 1

On 2021-10-12 at 5:27 PM, lukinu_u said:

I totally agree.
A lot of augments are just small QoL changes or minor changes that should be innate.

Smoke Shadow, Afterburn, Guided Effigy, Elemetal Sandstorm, Soul Survivor, etc... are good examples.

This would be a lot of work, but most of these augments should be integrated into the ability and replaced by more game changing augments.

Like really? How long have we been saying this? Years right? I personally love the concept behind Augments. To me at least, Augments should be game changing. Something that would truly define the way you play that frame. The thing that would be comparable to the notion of Sub Classes in other games. But we got this stuff. Some tend to be underwhelming. Some are good. Some are, "wait why isn't this part of the base kit of the freakin' frame? it fixes a problem it has had since it's launch, but for me to fix it I have to give up a mod space for it?!?". If the day ever comes where we get mod overhauls, pray that Augments get looked at on how they function, how we use them, and just flat out removing some to put in to the base kits of frames.

1 hour ago, PR1D3 said:

Like really? How long have we been saying this? Years right? I personally love the concept behind Augments. To me at least, Augments should be game changing. Something that would truly define the way you play that frame. The thing that would be comparable to the notion of Sub Classes in other games. But we got this stuff. Some tend to be underwhelming. Some are good. Some are, "wait why isn't this part of the base kit of the freakin' frame? it fixes a problem it has had since it's launch, but for me to fix it I have to give up a mod space for it?!?". If the day ever comes where we get mod overhauls, pray that Augments get looked at on how they function, how we use them, and just flat out removing some to put in to the base kits of frames.

Big missed opportunity for the helminth invigoration segment not being a way to fuse augments to abilities.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Baron Kit said:

Big missed opportunity for the helminth invigoration segment not being a way to fuse augments to abilities.

Ya know, this is an amazing idea! This would address both issues. This should satisfy the people that say it would just be adding too much power by having it fairly far in the game and behind a resource cost. While it would also give long time players a way to customize their favorite warframes. 

First you would have to unlock the helmith system then you would either have to unlock the augment or trade for it and then finally have to rank the mod and pay the helmith cost. I think this is a fine cost for fusing augments into warframe abilities.

If I could I would double like this idea. This is amazing!

Edited by Neloc
Expounded on the idea.
  • Like 2