Primed Sure Footed Tradeoff

nslay

Personally, I think the unusual Vazarin polarity and 16 capacity cost of Primed Sure Footed (PSF) is already an enormous trade off.  You pay a million credits, 40k Endo, a forma, and an Exilus slot for permanent stagger immunity from all sources. But if you still really wanted to punish sloppy players with big AOE weapons, you could implement a "No Free Lunch" kind of mechanic... if you're not self-staggered like usual, then maybe you're flashbanged instead? First of all, some of the most popular AOE weapons used to blind you (e.g. Staticor)... well, you could simulate that blinding effect with a Denial Bursa-like flashbang. Every otherwise self-stagger that doesn't result in a stagger (due to abilities or PSF) is a flashbang! Everyone gets to keep their precious self-stagger immunity while still being slapped on the wrist with temporary blindness. What do you think?

Reminds me of loony tunes... everyone that gets whacked in the head sees stars... flashbang!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

If you're going to add more crap to PSF, then you might as well nerf the other ways to mitigate AOE spam as well. 

It's already implied in OP. No free lunch means that if you don't get self-staggered, you pay for it with temporary blindness (or some other way).

• Like 1

Sounds kind of fascinating 🤔 I’d give it a shot, see how it feels. Usually the self-stagger knocking me around and interrupting my movement is enough to scare me something fierce, so a blinding effect tacked on would be a “Yeah yeah, I’m in for a world of hurt after some sloppy aiming, what else is new”

42 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Why did you create a thread that seems like you're responding to someone? Are we getting a snapshot into a conversation you had with another player?

You're imagining things.

58 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

DId DE say something about Primed Sure Footed getting nerfed?

Did you happen to miss the "Prime Sure Footed" thread on the front page of General Discussion (which isn't a feedback forum)? I mean, you did respond to, "Mobile phone controls staying consistent with consoles?" thread... so you should have seen the "Primed Sure Footed" thread, no? It's not about nerfing PSF... though I'm pretty sure I read some of the usual balance complaints in the responses with regard to AOE weapons. I don't know... I'm largely absent from that thread. But I did get some ideas from reading it (directly or indirectly or otherwise)!

Anyway, this is the feedback forum and I shared my ideas here... as feedback.

Spoiler

AAidAET.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nslay said:

You're imagining things.

Did you happen to miss the "Prime Sure Footed" thread on the front page of General Discussion (which isn't a feedback forum)? I mean, you did respond to, "Mobile phone controls staying consistent with consoles?" thread... so you should have seen the "Primed Sure Footed" thread, no? It's not about nerfing PSF... though I'm pretty sure I read some of the usual balance complaints in the responses with regard to AOE weapons. I don't know... I'm largely absent from that thread. But I did get some ideas from reading it (directly or indirectly or otherwise)!

Anyway, this is the feedback forum and I shared my ideas here... as feedback.

Reveal hidden contents

AAidAET.jpg

Guess i missed the connection between this thread and the other thread. Now that you bring it up i get where you are coming from but i tend to read threads without presuming they are created in response to other threads and i couldnt find one when i checked.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nslay said:

What do you think?

I think both you and DE need to Check out the Accessibility Guidelines because Intentionally Triggering Epileptic Fits the worst Idea I can imagine 😐

Shame on you… Tenno !!!

19 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Why did you create a thread that seems like you're responding to someone? Are we getting a snapshot into a conversation you had with another player?

DId DE say something about Primed Sure Footed getting nerfed?

Maybe he hears Voices.... Which wouldn't be so bad... After the voices I hear are more or less on my side.... But it sounds like the voices he/she hears are telling him/her to do bad things to good people 😱 !!!

18 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

I don't need my eyes damaged IRL for something that doesn't even really need to be balanced.

You know... !!!

14 hours ago, sitfesz said:

No. I get flashbanged before every mission anyway.

I really wish they would use Fade to Black instead of Fade to White 😥...

• Like 2

vor 20 Stunden schrieb nslay:

What do you think?

what do i think about that a an aoe weapon user well i dont see alot anyways so i most likely would not care about useing a black screen effect but withe flashes i can see how that could backfire since if i fire the rocket would not my team get blinded