Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoulsaw speed and animation tweaks

mega_lova_nia

Right, the ghoulsaw, underwhelming to most people, and i feel like it needs some tweaks, not in the damage department however, but more on the animation and speed department, especially because you can ride it. I feel it requires a faster startup animation and the ability to chain rides right after another so its animation would conserve its momentum a bit longer to feel more satisfying to the player. Or at least let us fling after each ride rather than doing a complete smashing halt so the momentum from riding the saw is conserved, giving it a more satisfying finisher. An increase of base speed would also help since it gives an idea of a heavy yet dynamic weapon. Here's another fun idea, why not make the sliding attack a continuous spinning animation instead of one with halts?

Point is, the ghoulsaw is a unique dynamic weapon that should be treated like one, not like a claymore.

I don't mind the weapon being molasses slow if it hits like a truck. Unfortunately it doesn't, so there's no excuse. The running attack is okay, but the standing combos have a painfully slow start up. Even greathammers swing faster than this thing.

21 hours ago, Artekkor said:

I don't mind the weapon being molasses slow if it hits like a truck. Unfortunately it doesn't, so there's no excuse. The running attack is okay, but the standing combos have a painfully slow start up. Even greathammers swing faster than this thing.

Idk man I'm multiproccing slash procs and the ticks kill in a second. The thing needs buffs to more multi hits (especially on the forward combo) and a 5-10% (or 10-15%) more status chance.

Btw use Condition Overload, Relentless Combination, Weeping Wounds, and True Punishment and the thing will shred. It doesnt even need to crit.

22 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

Right, the ghoulsaw, underwhelming to most people, and i feel like it needs some tweaks, not in the damage department however, but more on the animation and speed department, especially because you can ride it. I feel it requires a faster startup animation and the ability to chain rides right after another so its animation would conserve its momentum a bit longer to feel more satisfying to the player. Or at least let us fling after each ride rather than doing a complete smashing halt so the momentum from riding the saw is conserved, giving it a more satisfying finisher. An increase of base speed would also help since it gives an idea of a heavy yet dynamic weapon. Here's another fun idea, why not make the sliding attack a continuous spinning animation instead of one with halts?

Point is, the ghoulsaw is a unique dynamic weapon that should be treated like one, not like a claymore.

Heck the forward combo should be able to carry enemies as you run through them, and the standing standard combo each swing should hit each enemies 3 times (the heavy already attack hits for 6x iirc)

The only satisfying thing right now is the standing block combo and heavy attack. The cool thing about the heavy attack is that you can increase its reach by crouching mid sawing animation.

7 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

heavy attack.

What's so satisfying about it?

It's slow to start and it's long. Both things can be fixed by mods or abilities but that requires a lot mod space or specific frame (e.g. Wisp). However by doing so you break Block+forwad combo.

Before it finishes I could do more with block combo.

Only "satisfying" thing about this weapon/stance (except standard slam and slide) is block+forwad and block combo... if we could move.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

What's so satisfying about it?

It's slow to start and it's long. Both things can be fixed by mods or abilities but that requires a lot mod space or specific frame (e.g. Wisp). However by doing so you break Block+forwad combo.

Before it finishes I could do more with block combo.

Only "satisfying" thing about this weapon/stance (except standard slam and slide) is block+forwad and block combo... if we could move.

If you're smart enough with your warframe's skillset and have enough spacial awareness to utilize it. It is. It's akin to the chainsaw glory kill in DOOM.

You never swing wide if the opportunity doesn't present itself or if you don't make one. Personally I like to open up with a Rhino Stomp,fresh iron skin, or a shot with Nightwatch Napalm.

Ideally I use it when there's less than 3 clumped up, any more and I'll use the spin(block) or forward combo.

59 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:
3 hours ago, quxier said:

If you're smart enough with your warframe's skillset and have enough spacial awareness to utilize it. It is. It's akin to the chainsaw glory kill in DOOM.

By reading wiki Glory kill in Doom is risk-reward action. You Glory kill someone to get health or other stuffs. In WF it's just wiser to do other action because you stuffs more easily by other attacks.

I used it few times but it's like slower moving combo.

56 minutes ago, quxier said:

By reading wiki Glory kill in Doom is risk-reward action. You Glory kill someone to get health or other stuffs. In WF it's just wiser to do other action because you stuffs more easily by other attacks.

I used it few times but it's like slower moving combo.

I just gained 8x combo by doing 1 heavy attack. Besides it's how you really use a grinder to kill things, not swing it around like a cleaver. You ever see that scene in a movie where the dude falls on a circular saw blade?

*shrug* dunno mate it works for me.

3 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

I just gained 8x combo by doing 1 heavy attack.

Right.

Base damage of the weapon's Heavy Attack. Damage is increased by Combo Multiplier, but consumes Combo Count.
Damage inflicted with a Heavy Slam. Damage is increased by Combo Multiplier, but consumes Combo Count.
Additional damage inflicted in the radius of a Heavy Slam attack. Damage is increased by Combo Multiplier, but consumes Combo Count.
Heavy Slam attacks hit all enemies around the point of impact within this distance.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Melee#Heavy_Attack

So it's either a bug or you just had more than 8x combo and consumed part of it (Zenurik gives 60% efficiency, mods gives 60% or 90%; efficiency capped at 90%).

3 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

Besides it's how you really use a grinder to kill things, not swing it around like a cleaver. You ever see that scene in a movie where the dude falls on a circular saw blade?

Animations may look amazing (I like finisher animation) but it doesn't mean it has good game mechanic automatically. If "how things looks or are animated" are important for you then it's fine. I just wanted to know what you liked.

9 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

See for yourself...

And with similar setup (changed Drifting for Carnis mod for more slash) and ground finisher get me ~100 at once (I guess 5x 20 per each enemy). I don't know how it works because I haven't used Vauban too much. However it seems to make enemy vulnerable to grind finisher from time to time.

This setup melts 155 Heavy grineer faster than Heavy attack. And even one ground finisher lets you use weapons more freely while still gaining combos.

But taking it more seriously that's not Heavy attack that makes 8x combo but slash proc. I had similar setup with Sarpa (she has nice slash) but little slower (instead of damage I've got sustained combos). However even heavy attack were powerful.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

And with similar setup (changed Drifting for Carnis mod for more slash) and ground finisher get me ~100 at once (I guess 5x 20 per each enemy). I don't know how it works because I haven't used Vauban too much. However it seems to make enemy vulnerable to grind finisher from time to time.

This setup melts 155 Heavy grineer faster than Heavy attack. And even one ground finisher lets you use weapons more freely while still gaining combos.

But taking it more seriously that's not Heavy attack that makes 8x combo but slash proc. I had similar setup with Sarpa (she has nice slash) but little slower (instead of damage I've got sustained combos). However even heavy attack were powerful.

Except it is from the heavy attack, as of now there is no heavy melee weapon in game that has this much multi-hit in the heavy attack coupled with high status chance that Relentless Combination becomes viable for heavy attacking. I hope one day DE decides to add a stance for heavy nikana that does this same thing.

On 2021-10-15 at 3:56 PM, ganjou234 said:

Except it is from the heavy attack,

Ok

as of now there is no heavy melee weapon in game that has this much multi-hit in the heavy attack coupled with high status chance that Relentless Combination becomes viable for heavy attacking.

I don't know what you mean by "heavy melee" but I've checked Sarpa and I've seen some ~4x multiplier for some weapon (forget which one, sorry).

As for Sarpa, I don't have right polarities so I haven't tested it fully.

With similar setup I haven't been able to get high combo because I have killed enemies before.

On other hand with rank 0 viral mods and with 110% status duration (instead of Drifting contact) I had too low status chance to proc (wrong polarities) so it was slower. I assume that with right polarities Sarpa would be better than Ghoulsaw.

I hope one day DE decides to add a stance for heavy nikana that does this same thing.

It's nice to know but you know that it won't happen. It's too perfect. I mean not without some kind of downsides. You get 8x multiplier for single heavy attack. Even Stropha needs lots of enemies to get such combo multiplier.

On 2021-10-17 at 5:33 AM, quxier said:

I don't know what you mean by "heavy melee"

Hammers, Claymores, Axes, and Heavy Nikanas. All are big swing weapons. The Ghoulsaw is the only multi-hit on heavy-attack-heavy melee weapon, the others that have are either knuckles or probably daggers.

Archived