Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will I be unable to do the New War if railjack makes me motionsick?

Account_Name

I have been told that The New War will have railjack segments and I am worried that will be the end of the main questline for me.

The sluggish movements of the Railjack makes it so neither me nor my wife can play the pilot or gunner role in Railjack without getting horribly motion sick. We can do the engineering role while staring at the floor (as to never look out the window), or go out in the archwing. And I am wondering if that will be sufficient to access/complete the new war?

After playing the game for over 7 years, I don't want it to end here. Is it really true that you have to do railjack to be able to finish New War? Will my engineering or archwing capabilities be sufficient... I am worried that if New War is a solo quest, I will have to rely on the AI to pilot and gun in the ship. 

Railjack will probably be a big part on the main quest line, if it's just you and your wife you could assign 2 npc gunners to shoot for you, they demolish enemy ships.

I don't know if it's the spinning that makes you sick but have you tried gently piloting, no spins or fast turns just going straight, or does that also make you feel not good too?

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Railjack will probably be a big part on the main quest line, if it's just you and your wife you could assign 2 npc gunners to shoot for you, they demolish enemy ships.

I don't know if it's the spinning that makes you sick but have you tried gently piloting, no spins or fast turns just going straight, or does that also make you feel not good too?

All movement makes us ill unfortunately. I am not able to completely narrow down why, but I am assuming it has something to do with the slugish movement. Since ARCHWING*s snappy turning doesn't make us nauseous at all. 

The one thing I find funny is if I want to fly upside down in space I will but no DE auto right you to some imaginary horizon out there on the rim I guess. lol

Are you able to post a video of the part of flying that trips your brain into meltdown.

Also under Options - Display - try turning off Enable Shake Screen. 

Also Depth of Field and Motion Blur they might be triggering you try turning them off.

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

The one thing I find funny is if I want to fly upside down in space I will but no DE auto right you to some imaginary horizon out there on the rim I guess. lol

Are you able to post a video of the part of flying that trips your brain into meltdown.

Also under Options - Display - try turning off Enable Shake Screen. 

Also Depth of Field and Motion Blur they might be triggering you try turning them off.

I have always had Depth of field, motion blur and enable screen shake turned off. 

And any video of railjack shows the part that makes me nauseous. Here is a video by brozime flying the railjack. All of it makes me ill. 

11 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Do you wear glasses or enjoy wearing them?, I know certain glasses can reduce the sickness. 

I sadly can't wear glasses, watches, necklaces, my wedding ring, etc. One of the curses that came with my ADHD and Aspeger's was hyper sensitivity. :'( 

Something that do help for mymotion sickness is sniffing spirit of hartshorn (Smelling salts/Ammonium carbonate), but it isn't healthy to be sniffing that all the time, so I save that for necessary car trips.

47 minutes ago, Account_Name said:

I have always had Depth of field, motion blur and enable screen shake turned off. 

And any video of railjack shows the part that makes me nauseous. Here is a video by brozime flying the railjack. All of it makes me ill. 

Sorry for your condition, I've got nothing else I can think of then to try and help. :sad:

I know how bad it can get I played a game years and years ago that whenever I went to climb over a wall/ledge it was an auto climb feature I had to shut my eyes because the animation was so stupid what it did to climb the wall/ledge, after a few walls I'd be needing a bucket, it was one of the Medal of Honors I think it might have been Medal of Honor 2010.

I don't normally suffer from these Disorders... But Jesus Christ why is there so much Screen Shake Every where ? Doing Void Storms Is like living inside a Jack Hammer... The screen is always Flashing and Shaking... Have you guys never heard of Sensary Overload ? 

65081781.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Doing Void Storms Is like living inside a Jack Hammer... The screen is always Flashing and Shaking... Have you guys never heard of Sensary Overload ?

Exterminate is the most annoying. I had Effects on 100/200 but I had to make it low (~0) to be playable. They should fix those stuffs because one thing has too much effects while other has too little.

1 hour ago, Account_Name said:

One of the curses that came with my ADHD and Aspeger's was hyper sensitivity. :'( 

You can try to turn off or make some options "low" in Graphic section.

Hawing good crew that protects and fixes your ship is good too. I put Wisp's Health motes too boost their survivality (not perfect but it's always something).

I'm not great at RJ but you can equip certain mods that helps in destroying ships (if your archwing is not good enough). I'm using one that pull enemies together and deals damage to all ships based on ships I destroyed.

Upgrading your intrinsic so you can move quickly (and even "arcwhing blink") to some spot and kill enemies in front of you without moving ship too much.

Push comes to shove, get some gunners and a pilot, let them sail off in the railjack for missions and go archwing around if you're OK flying them. 

The only thing the npc crew can't do is blow up crewships, but as you're flying around you can board them and blow them up that way

Devs supossedly are doing pilot tweaks (some of them are already in game). Maybe they add something for those who cannot pilot correclty due any reason, I also feel weird while piloting the railjack and messing with the mouse sensitivity helped me a little, but reading your post it won't matter either. Wish you luck

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Hopefully the quest will allow any Railjack segments to either be multiplayer (allowing you to ask for help piloting), or be capable of being completed with a sufficiently powered-up Archwing.

I don't think that will be the case as in the Tennocon trailer that ends the gameplay you clearly see a Railjack in one of the frames shown.

It's probably going to be a major  component(s) or a major set piece requiring you to use it.

7 hours ago, Account_Name said:

All movement makes us ill unfortunately. I am not able to completely narrow down why, but I am assuming it has something to do with the slugish movement. Since ARCHWING*s snappy turning doesn't make us nauseous at all. 

Some things just really effect others differently, that's really unfortunate. I hope something can be done that helps you.

I'm sure your not the only one that experiences this I hope you find something that works for you 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I don't think that will be the case as in the Tennocon trailer that ends the gameplay you clearly see a Railjack in one of the frames shown.

It's probably going to be a major  component(s) or a major set piece requiring you to use it.

True, although you still can fly around in an Archwing. I recall a period where the RJ Meta was to just Archwing it.

There is the silly damage resistance part which could make things a problem though. I don't get what the benefit of making the innate damage reduction on Railjack enemies to Archwing weapons that great was.

9 hours ago, Account_Name said:

I have been told that The New War will have railjack segments and I am worried that will be the end of the main questline for me.

I haven't heard anything about Railjack segments in the New War, but it seems possible since completion of the final pre-New War quest "The Maker" requires a Railjack.

However, if it does turn out to be an issue, I hope you can find a solution.  On PS4 I believe there is a feature that allows one of your online friends to play your console remotely, so that might be a possible solution if you have friends you trust.  I see you're currently a PC player, but I believe New War launches with cross-platform and cross-play, so that may be a viable solution for you if all else fails. You certainly wouldn't be able to watch them play the Railjack segment, but you could listen to the audio for any voiceover, and then pick up playing whenever that segment ended.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I recall a period where the RJ Meta was to just Archwing it.

And then people found out that comparing a fully decked out Archgun to a fresh out of the oven Railjack was BS and evn in Veil Proxima, your full powah Archgun would tickle pickly tingle the enemy Fighters.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

And then people found out that comparing a fully decked out Archgun to a fresh out of the oven Railjack was BS and evn in Veil Proxima, your full powah Archgun would tickle pickly tingle the enemy Fighters.

I remember that! Ahh, good times... good times!

bjdMj3l.gif

far as i can tell, your only real option is to use the AI: one could argue using archwing, but if the objective requires the Railjack to reach a specific location in order to progress, then you need a pilot. the AI pilots aren't too bad though, and perhaps if you adjusted your visual settings it might not be so bad. a Pilot, and 2 gunners should handle travelling and combat, but it'll be down to you to keep the ship intact.

I'm curious as to whether or not DE expect players to provide their own crew, or if they will supply characters like Teshin as temporary AI crew; Teshin as a defender for example.. dunno which NPCs are capable of piloting though, maybe Darvo? I imagine he's handled big cargo ships before...hmm..

14 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Probably some kind of over-reliance on Euler rather than quaternion transforms, thus having to avoid gimbal lock?

Archived