Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will I be unable to do the New War if railjack makes me motionsick?

Account_Name

If Railjack feels sluggish, it may be due to what was referred to for Metroid Prime 3's motion controls as the "deadzone," an invisible bounding box outside which your reticle has to move in order to turn your viewpoint in that direction.

There are "Pilot-Centered Crosshair" options for both keyboard+mouse and controllers under the Railjack section in the Controls tab in the Options menu. Toggling these on will disable the bounding box and keep your reticle centered while piloting a Railjack, allowing you to aim traditionally.

If that alone does not fix it, the Railjack section of the Controls tab also has its own Aim and Look Sensitivity settings separate from the ones for normal gameplay.

18 hours ago, Account_Name said:

I have been told that The New War will have railjack segments and I am worried that will be the end of the main questline for me.

The sluggish movements of the Railjack makes it so neither me nor my wife can play the pilot or gunner role in Railjack without getting horribly motion sick. We can do the engineering role while staring at the floor (as to never look out the window), or go out in the archwing. And I am wondering if that will be sufficient to access/complete the new war?

After playing the game for over 7 years, I don't want it to end here. Is it really true that you have to do railjack to be able to finish New War? Will my engineering or archwing capabilities be sufficient... I am worried that if New War is a solo quest, I will have to rely on the AI to pilot and gun in the ship. 

What a coincidence that both you and the person closest to you happen to both have the same highly subjective experience.

18 hours ago, Account_Name said:

I have been told that The New War will have railjack segments and I am worried that will be the end of the main questline for me.

The sluggish movements of the Railjack makes it so neither me nor my wife can play the pilot or gunner role in Railjack without getting horribly motion sick. We can do the engineering role while staring at the floor (as to never look out the window), or go out in the archwing. And I am wondering if that will be sufficient to access/complete the new war?

After playing the game for over 7 years, I don't want it to end here. Is it really true that you have to do railjack to be able to finish New War? Will my engineering or archwing capabilities be sufficient... I am worried that if New War is a solo quest, I will have to rely on the AI to pilot and gun in the ship. 

If you are on PC though, I would be more than happy to take you and your partner through the Railjack segments in my ship, you guys are more than welcome to hang out on your AW’s, or chill in my cargo hold. It wouldn’t bother me at all.

18 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

If you are on PC though, I would be more than happy to take you and your partner through the Railjack segments in my ship, you guys are more than welcome to hang out on your AW’s, or chill in my cargo hold. It wouldn’t bother me at all.

POV: You are OP getting out of the cargo hold of @_R_o_g_u_e_ after a mission:

Charlie Hunnam Hello GIF by The Gentlemen

On 2021-10-13 at 6:58 PM, Account_Name said:

1. i'm very lucky because i get motion sickness from FPS -i'll get actually ill: nausea, headache, vomiting, fever, the whole package. i literally got sick for 2 days because i couldn't find one cursed clue on a glassmaker detective scene. but i'm fine with railjack, i love piloting that thing. if the mission types doesn't suck this hard i would play it all the time.

2. evidences are pointing that way, but nothing are set on stone. we don't know how big rj will be in new war. it could just be a short 3 minutes taxi ride.

3. if all else fails, get some good gunner crews -they're REALLY GOOD. and a pilot -they're pretty stupid but hopefully will drag the ship to where it needs to be. while you and wifey can go out on your archwings and wreck havoc.

Archived