Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIVEN Capacity Outdated!

(PSN)nitto420s

11 hours ago, (PSN)nitto420s said:

I'm mr31 have 180 riven can't do sortie. Have over 10,000 Platinum that I can use other then get cosmetics

I want to feel sorry for you but I just can't.... I would kill to have your Problems right now 😐.

11 hours ago, (PSN)nitto420s said:

We all are begging you! 

I can promise you we certainly are not... 😝

10 hours ago, -Krism- said:

This was answered multiple times already, & you don't need a riven for every weapon in the game

I agree.... I only get Rivens for the Weapons I like.... And I don't like that many Weapons...

34 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I tried searching for a certain post, but I couldn't find it. There was a glitch for a short time where the player linked their riven and got all sorts of text values that represented that riven. Anyway, my point was this limit of space may have less to do with memory and more to do with exponential spaghetti code clogging up the pipes.

I'd be interested in reading that post if you can find it.

I wouldn't mind if riven capacity went to zero and they were removed from the game.  The whole changing disposition every 3 months thing turned me off of them entirely I don't want to spend time/resources on something that is ultimately going to become worthless/unusable if the weapon Im using becomes popular.  I do sortie alot still for fun I just dissolve the overage riven when I get it now.

I have 150 on pc and on ps5 kinda wondering what they are going to do when they do the whole cross platform thing.  Ive seen them talk about account mergers this could potentially see a new max capacity of 150 per console so maybe a new cap of 600 rivens could be coming. Pc,nintendo,playstation and xbox.  you could potentially have that many if you were maxed on each account.

I think the capacity is too high. Should be around 90 or so. Force a player to choose his favorite weapons instead of just collecting a riven for every weapon. I think most players with over 90 Rivens have it for weapons they barely use or hoarding duplicates. I know I could make several cuts of I had to.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

So I think DE should cap frame slots at 20 and Weapon slots at 50 so you are forced to improve and refine your current builds. I  don't see how having unlimited frame and weapon slots would make any reasonable improvement to the system. Inventory management is a thing this game has hints of, and I am sort of a fan of it.

See how nonsensical that sounds?
If you're allowed effectively infinite weapon/frame slots, why shouldn't you be allowed effectively infinite riven slots.

I don't agree with this analogy because I don't believe it was ever DE's intention to allow players to have a Riven for every weapon (unlike the intention for you to be allowed to own atleast one of each item).

I feel like these limitations exist to nudge players into moving their Rivens either by rolling, transmuting, burning them down, or trading to others.

If you wish to see the full scope of how I feel about Riven Mods, I have it outlined here:

I will stick to linking this thread whenever I share how I feel about Rivens as a system so players can understand my perspective on the whole scope rather than one specific point of the system.

37 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think the capacity is too high. Should be around 90 or so. Force a player to choose his favorite weapons instead of just collecting a riven for every weapon. I think most players with over 90 Rivens have it for weapons they barely use or hoarding duplicates. I know I could make several cuts of I had to.

I agree.

In a feedback post I made about Rivens, I made the suggestion to have Veiled Rivens be "unidentified" before challenges so that they can stack in inventories like Railjack gear. It would be nice if Veiled Rivens did not consume capacity and Unveiled Rivens did so that you had a limit on the Rivens you could own and use, but wouldn't be locked out of Sorties and could infinitely owned Veiled Mods.

1 hour ago, Eluminary said:

I wouldn't mind if riven capacity went to zero and they were removed from the game.  The whole changing disposition every 3 months thing turned me off of them entirely I don't want to spend time/resources on something that is ultimately going to become worthless/unusable if the weapon Im using becomes popular.  I do sortie alot still for fun I just dissolve the overage riven when I get it now.

I have 150 on pc and on ps5 kinda wondering what they are going to do when they do the whole cross platform thing.  Ive seen them talk about account mergers this could potentially see a new max capacity of 150 per console so maybe a new cap of 600 rivens could be coming. Pc,nintendo,playstation and xbox.  you could potentially have that many if you were maxed on each account.

Me: Rivens were a mistake, they should never have released in the first place and it would be better for the game as a whole if they were wiped from existence 

Also me: I need a >220% CC riven on my stock Grinlok for it to pass 100% CC, and currently that is only achieved with a ++- riven, and even then it is possible to roll a sub-200% CC. Kuva Fortress must be burned down for every last drop of Kuva to get my +CC +CD -imp Grinlok riven, not because Grinlok can't already handle Steel Path up to lv500+ without it but because Grinlok is the best gun and deserves the best purple card. In this essay I will justify my crippling gambling addiction and explore why Grinlok is the best video game gun of the 21st century and DE should let me print godroll Grinlok rivens on demand with no riven cap. 

I absolutely despised rivens the moment they were released and I hold a lot of resentment towards rivens and how DE's handled them. War Within was such an amazing followup to Second Dream and I still have difficulty describing the utter gut-sinking disappointment I felt when I realized the reward for War Within was an introduction to a whole new level of power creep and RNG layers. 

And yet, as long as they exist I will still probably roll them for weapons I like. It's the whole "power creep is getting out of hands but you will nerf my favorite gun over my cold dead body" hypocrisy. Even when my rational brain thinks rivens should never have existed in the first place and DE should be paying more frequent attention to what is probably their biggest plat mover, my monkey brain recoils in disgust at going back to using Grinlok without the additional crit chance and/or multishot and/or punchthrough, latter of which is nigh essential for semi autos to reasonably deal with hordes.

Maybe if rivens worked like how some games handle refinements on old equipments; for example their boosts would be smaller, comparable to dispo 2/5 numbers, and exclusive to weapons DE deems too outdated and/or unpopular. Instead of directly buffing their stats and creeping up the power floor, the "bottom" would still exist but if you truly liked those unpopular gears it would be a way to bring them up to post-Sortie content. But 1) that means DE would have to review weapons both individually and holistically, and that's just too resource intensive and will continue to increase in resource drain as DE releases more weapons and 2) I realize that ship has sailed a long time ago, but fantasizing about Warframe where DE were a bit more cautious with player power spikes is free. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)nitto420s said:

I'm mr31 have 180 riven can't do sortie. Have over 10,000 Platinum that I can use other then get cosmetics...

The idea is good but the reasoning is bad. Everytime DE tries to satisfy ppl who rush through content or overindulge they end up making things more difficult to obtain for everyone else in order to slow the content rushers down thus making the game more of a drag. 

I'd prefer if they increase it incrementally if they go that high so as to avoid any changes that further increases the grind. 

Am 14.10.2021 um 00:50 schrieb 0_The_F00l:

I don't think it's a programming or database issue, we have many more variables that have no cap.

It's a market control mechanism in my opinion.

It is nice that you give your opinion, but this opinion is wrong. 

A resource has no cap, but 1 Orokin cell for me is the same for you, so they just need to link your number of Orokin Cells to the item Orokin Cells and they are able to raise the number till infinity. 

Ask yourself, is the same possible with Rivens? I cannot look into their database or their issues, but I am 95% sure that the cap on rivens is definitely a database/programming issue. And the last 5% is just there, because I rarely tell people that I am 100% sure. 

3 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

It is nice that you give your opinion, but this opinion is wrong. 

A resource has no cap, but 1 Orokin cell for me is the same for you, so they just need to link your number of Orokin Cells to the item Orokin Cells and they are able to raise the number till infinity. 

Ask yourself, is the same possible with Rivens? I cannot look into their database or their issues, but I am 95% sure that the cap on rivens is definitely a database/programming issue. And the last 5% is just there, because I rarely tell people that I am 100% sure. 

You seem to not realize there are other objects with multiple variables and not just resources.

Your railjack armaments and components  have random stats.

Your liches have different elements , stats , weapons , names , resistances and levels and you can keep converting them.

You can create zaws , kitguns moas and name them, each can be made unique.

You can name each and every weapon and pet in the game.

You can attach an ability to any frame and have the loadouts be unique.

All of these take up database resources , so I stand by my original statement , that simply programming or database is not the reason for capping rivens.

On 2021-10-15 at 4:51 AM, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

The moment they stated that the disposition would change accordingly to the weapons popularity, killed the need or fun in the riven system.

Rivens changing is the best, most fun part of the Riven system IMO.

3 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I said changes according to the popularity  of the weapon was a bad idea, it should be based on overall stats and performance.

And I LOVE that the stats change based on popularity, not just math to make everything boringly similar in some desire to flat line stats..

8 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I said changes according to the popularity  of the weapon was a bad idea, it should be based on overall stats and performance.

They're based on both. And anything with a low disposition through popularity doesn't need a Riven to begin with as nothing gets there without being somewhat overpowered.

Plus it has been a rather pointless metric for years anyways as so few weapons see Disposition reductions anymore.

Archived