Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nights of Naberus: Hotfix 30.8.2

[DE]Megan

Cleaned thread of a lot of arguing and back and forth regarding old bugs that haven't been fixed.

To clarify: Posting about old bugs that are still there is ok, but posting abusive, snarky, or insulting messages is not.

I think it's worth mentioning that reporting bugs is only one small step toward fixing them. The issue still needs to be replicated to track down what is the cause of it and that itself can take a lot of time. Not to mention how to put in the fix. What do you do: Put in a band aid fix? Wait for the next large update? Is there a refresh of the entire system that is causing a bug coming up? It goes on.

Not to sound like a broken record but, as mentioned a lot recently - DE's focus is currently on developing The New War update.

Your frustration with bugs is totally understandable, but please try not to take it out on others.

As always, your patience and understanding is appreciated! 

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

How about changes to make it more apparent that something is in the rift? This is seriously one of the biggest and longest running problems of limbo, its extremely hard to tell what is in the rift and what isn't.

If things in the rift had an effect similar to nekros' undead where their entire body is drastically affected it would make things much easier. But honestly I feel like we should just be able to damage enemies inside the rift while we aren't in it at this point. Especially now that banish can be put on any frame.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

How about changes to make it more apparent that something is in the rift? This is seriously one of the biggest and longest running problems of limbo, its extremely hard to tell what is in the rift and what isn't.

Honestly ... I'd like to see them make it configurable ... I'd make it so they turn completely grayscale, no enviromental lighting colors and whatnot, just bleach their colors out of existence while they're in the rift.

• Like 3

Make wings retractable.

Like it's nice that they fade during combat, but it's annoying to only be able to see half ur screen with wings.

It's unfortunate that we have to go thru this because the wings look really cool

• Like 5

Ferrox, where the Timer for him?

He made a bugs:
- When you keep on the wall, Ferrox can not be launched,
- When you launch Ferrox on the enemy, weapon will disappear with the enemy after the enemy dies, but Ferrox will not appear on you - you must wait the timer for it.

Edited by -EPECb-
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

They're melee attacks. They're fine as is.

There's a point where technicality clashes with practicality. I am aware the Jugulus' projectile is classified as a melee attack which allows it to bypass abilities that deflect projectiles. However, the projectile is a ranged attack with quite a far reaching distance. It should not be classified as a melee attack for the sake of practicality and consistency with in-game ability descriptions, not left as is because of technicality from the wiki and underlying mechanics not explained in-game.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Il be keeping an Eye Open for any perceivable Differences 🤔....

This is a nice Fix... My Eye Balls will appreciate this one... ♥️

I thought that was Intentional ? Aren't all three of those Abilities vulnerable to AoE based Projectiles ?

It doesn't work on Mechs and Archwings Either.... In essence they should fix Fetch not working on Vehicles....

Wait hang on.... Why did you say Fetch ? Does Vacuum work ? 🤨

According to friend of mine, vacuum is more consistent. So I'd say vacuum works 70% of the time while fetch only works 30% of the time

47 minutes ago, Ifeanyi said:

According to friend of mine, vacuum is more consistent. So I'd say vacuum works 70% of the time while fetch only works 30% of the time

Wow.... That's... Extremely confusing.... Either way it needs to be looked at Pronto !

7 hours ago, Digressive said:

To clarify: Posting about old bugs that are still there is ok, but posting abusive, snarky, or insulting messages is not.

I figured as much 😁...

But oh man for someone like Me resisting the Temptation to be Sarcastic or to vent is EXTREMELY difficult.... I guess I'm just naturally Toxic... But atleast I'm trying 😅.

54 minutes ago, Voltage said:
59 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

They're melee attacks. They're fine as is.

There's a point where technicality clashes with practicality

True... If it looks like a duck.... Well... You know how the Story goes.

56 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I am aware the Jugulus' projectile is classified as a melee attack which allows it to bypass abilities that deflect projectiles. However, the projectile is a ranged attack with quite a far reaching distance. It should not be classified as a melee attack for the sake of practicality and consistency with in-game ability descriptions, not left as is because of technicality from the wiki and underlying mechanics not explained in-game.

It's the same Story with The Ancient Enemies Grapple Attack... Apparently that's technically a Projectile... 😱

50 minutes ago, SplitzyPrime said:

Since you guys erased my previous comment for providing feedback, I'll say it again.

Start fixing bugs that are 6 years old instead of ones nobody runs into.

I mean... You can post those in the Feedback and Bug Report Section... Although I wish the game had a built in Bug report feature like Hades....

In all honesty I don't even know what we can or can't talk about here....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Digressive said:

Cleaned thread of a lot of arguing and back and forth regarding old bugs that haven't been fixed.

I think it's worth mentioning that reporting bugs is only one small step toward fixing them. The issue still needs to be replicated to track down what is the cause of it and that itself can take a lot of time. Not to mention how to put in the fix. What do you do: Put in a band aid fix? Wait for the next large update? Is there a refresh of the entire system that is causing a bug coming up? It goes on.

Not to sound like a broken record but, as mentioned a lot recently - DE's focus is currently on developing The New War update.

Your frustration with bugs is totally understandable, but please try not to take it out on others.

The main thing that leads people into the mindset that invites snarky or insulting messages is the extended periods of time where we get little to no feedback about bugs (lack of information on reproduction of many of said bugs is rarely the reason) or we see what appear to be extremely minor or background changes. I and many others fully respect that they are trying to focus on bringing the New War to an exciting climax, but the overall discontent with lack of apparent action on months-to-years old bugs (most of which have pages of information detailing how to reproduce the issues in question) has only worsened over time as more and more bugs have cropped up. Feedback is another issue entirely, but has a similar reason on both ends I'm sure.

Few enough people use the recommended formatting for bug reports that I can plainly see it's either pages of jumbles of information or a minefield of inaccurate descriptions - if it's not explicitly stated in the way that is explained in the pinned threads, but those that do regularly show an intimate understanding of either what causes the issue they are having or how a potential fix could be implemented. There's less rush on actually getting any fix immediately unless problems severely limit either gameplay or progress in some manner, just knowing that a fix is either liked, accepted or being considered would be night and day compared to the current state of the bug report forums.

Edited by iPathos
Forgot an entire sentence
  • Like 8

1.last update you broke nekros helmets this is how it looks now

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=762&height=696

this is how it looked before

Spoiler

4oycjqik48y61.png?auto=webp&s=9b9fccef82

2.when casting mirage clones the screen flickers randomly  this was report months a go can you fix it a can´t see your animations

3. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette 

4.give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look weird

5.wisp "walking" sound not working

6. gauss feet are bug

7.nikana zaw holster style is bug

8. armors clipping through khora chest

9.the light and reflections make the game look like plastic

this is from jupiter

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-52.png

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1246343-next-gen-light-and-reflection-makes-everything-look-like-plastic/?tab=comments#comment-12016222

10. you haven´t fix any of this textures, when I purchase this skins didn't look like that you change it months after.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/

Spoiler

2020-09-16-13-07.png

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can´t be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

11. metallic materials look bad if you use darker color, whats the point of selling color palettes if changing color mess the materials

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

nova atomic now has the same material that xaku has, come on DE make up your mind, those white stripes look bad

before                                                                                                                                           after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18-01.png

before                                                                                                                                       after

Spoiler

2021-04-04-15-18.png

I don´t know why a bough this skin

12. your promo material show textures that are no the same in game

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-11.png

and here are some caps from devstream and zephyr rework 

devstream                                                                               zephyr rework                                                                           final

Spoiler

2021-03-22-00-44-01.png

in the promotional photo the texture look like some kind of iridescence material but in game looks like plastic

Spoiler

Gara-Deluxe-Poster.png

• Like 5

On 2021-10-14 at 5:56 AM, TJRX said:

Make wings retractable.

Like it's nice that they fade during combat, but it's annoying to only be able to see half ur screen with wings.

It's unfortunate that we have to go thru this because the wings look really cool

Asside from the fact that doing that is extra work and DE hates putting in extra work for earned content (the STEEL PATH bishamo armor set still not having the male and female models as separate sets despite huge backlash for that, and DE saying they'd look into sorting that out 2 years ago as an example) and that there's probably some coding issue with giving ephemera that sort of interactivity like syandanas have.

I wouldn't be surprised if DE wants to leave them this way to discourage users from using them because of all the vocal players that dislike seeing them.

I dont agree with any of that, and think that they should just make the damn things fold too (and pretty much only be open during aim glide, bullet jump, dodge, and idle animations at most). But I really doubt it's going to happen.

If they did plan on making them close eventually, I feel like releasing them in a perma closed state and planning on making them open eventually would've been a much better move.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

On 2021-10-14 at 11:38 AM, c0nsequence said:

You always do it like so. In 1st phase you cant trade it, then you make it available for 5 plats from players, its so anoying

It's amazing how they keep "forgetting" about it so many times. One could say it's intentional. 😉

Edited by Sebith

On 2021-10-14 at 10:41 AM, Digressive said:

I am once again asking DE to please revert the mining detection audio changes.
It is extremely difficult to pick out against other audio sounds, unlike before.
It is nigh-impossible to pick out when invisible, which is the most peaceful way to do mining and fishing.
It is anti-accessibility, because before one could navigate almost-exclusively by the detection sound.
(The ridiculous brightness changes were acknowledged as a problem. Why not the ridiculous audio changes?)

• Like 6

On 2021-10-14 at 5:41 AM, Digressive said:

It has always been this way. The future takes priority to the past which is why we have bugs before your time on the Forums and even before mine. 

Still waiting for over a year and a half for various Deimos and Railjack Enemies to either spawn in-game or be removed from the codex, or the 2-3 years of projectile weapons not penetrating water in Plains of Eidolon (making them unviable for water limbs). Or 3 years with leg regen on Profit-Taker with extremely detailed reproduction and   explained fix by someone heavily invested in the mode and how it works in the EE.logs.

Like you said, you understand where this frustration comes from, but it has immense gravity with the scope of the sheer number of problems put on the indefinite back burner while new feature-creep is pumped out.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

On 2021-10-14 at 3:11 PM, Digressive said:

No I don't think you actually understand, Me like others have no intention of bashing or being snarky. Its always concentrating on future things, while something is released and forgotten, and I mean forgotten for years. really annoying little bugs, doesn't matter if you don't fix them, ya'll don't give the satisfaction of acknowledging the bugs, and that's why ppl get frustrated, the least you can do is make a permanent TRELLO BOARD like you did with railjack for general problems and acknowledge the known bugs which are reported from months and years. and doesn't matter if you fix just 1 bug per update but at least ppl will know you have acknowledged their efforts of reporting bugs, cause some people literally write a detailed page full of bugs , they are literally unpaid testers of the game, dontcha think that deserves recognition and respect?

Edited by krrysis.
  • Like 3

On 2021-10-19 at 1:13 PM, krrysis. said:

No I don't think you actually understand, Me like others have no intention of bashing or being snarky. Its always concentrating on future things, while something is released and forgotten, and I mean forgotten for years. really annoying little bugs, doesn't matter if you don't fix them, ya'll don't give the satisfaction of acknowledging the bugs, and that's why ppl get frustrated, the least you can do is make a permanent TRELLO BOARD like you did with railjack for general problems and acknowledge the known bugs which are reported from months and years. and doesn't matter if you fix just 1 bug per update but at least ppl will know you have acknowledged their efforts of reporting bugs, cause some people literally write a detailed page full of bugs , they are literally unpaid testers of the game, dontcha think that deserves recognition and respect?

A trello board of acknowledged bugs would also just help clean up bug reports A LOT.

If anyone can just go check if DE's aware of a bug they encountered already, they're not likely to make another thread about it. And if they don't bother to check and do that anyways, anyone else can check and let them know that DE knows about it already and is working on it, or it's on the back burner, and kill the thread.

Without that, just checking to see if someone else reported the bug already isn't enough because there's no guarantee that DE saw it (and didn't forget about it). So if they want the bug fixed they're going to report it regardless.

It would also be fantastic for more concentrated feedback on what's causing a given bug, as people would be able to comment on individually listed bugs with details on how they encountered it. Instead of DE needing to scour through the cluttered forums to find these details.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3