Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cambion Drift Bounty Feedback

Voltage

I've been playing Cambion Drift bounties extensively for 2 years of Naberus a fair bit since it's release, I have come to grow tired of quite a few glaring issues with the structure of these bounties compared to Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis.

• Spawns
    • Spawns are at the top of my list. An infested planet overrun by the hive, and you see a handful of scripted spawns. During bounties like Garv, the "please wait for 3 infested spawn pods on a timer" is excruciating. Given these modes are intended to be played multiple times, this just makes the repetitive nature of farming in Warframe brutal with so much standing around. Assassination bounties have the same problem. The biggest improvement to bounties in general are tuning up spawns. Being in thousand meter tilesets to see 3-5 enemies in predetermined groups is not enjoyable. Spawns in Warframe are generally scarce despite the game being advertised as a horde shooter by many people.
  • The Map
    • The entire map is brown and orange. It's just hard to enjoy the scenery especially when enemies are also the same color. Tracking a Jugulus projectile (brown) in the Cambion Drift is harder than Where's Waldo.
  • Infested Spawn Pods
    • Killing these objects will not count towards objectives as they are objects. It is way too easy to sneeze on a pod and forfeit progression while you wait on the slow spawns outlined in the spawns part.
  • Bounty Selection
    • Like most things in Warframe, Deimos Bounties have many "Mobile Defense with a new face". This leaves you finding the least annoying Mobile Defense which ends up leaving you to Brute Force for Mother Tokens.
  • Steel Path
    • Steel Path bounties do not provide a meaningful increase in standing/tokens for the extra time spent and gear check for that bounty.
  • Purifier is good!
  • Solo = Good, Squad = Bad
    • Scaling objectives off squad size is a good idea on paper, but with the spawn issues and poor bounty design, this makes squads take objectively more time to finish the same task. :(
  • Adaptive Damage Reduction and Resistances
    • The arbitrary resistances and damage reductions within Deimos leave players to really brainless gear choices like Arquebex or Peacemaker. If every enemy has to be immune to Viral, then maybe Viral is the problem. Just a thought.

Overall Cambion Drift bounties feel really bad to play at almost every corner. I understand that nothing will likely change (maybe in a few years). I won't hold my breath, but I just wanted to write it down.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Killing these objects will not count towards objectives as they are objects. It is way too easy to sneeze on a pod and forfeit progression while you wait on the slow spawns outlined in the spawns part.

Yes this is very annoying thing that I didnt even know of until this halloween, and Ive also done these a lot since its release. Its the most insufferable on Garv mission where youll have to wait for the pods to open but if you do the aimbotting grineer will insta-gib them sometimes (and sometimes they are totally missing them). 

Easiest solution would be to make the spawn pods indestructible, but like you said there's also not enough spawns to begin with which was actually a big complaint since beginning. 

I feel like they dont really listen to community on these bounties, look at Latrox too hes bounty got changed like 5 times for the worse before it finally got slightly better, but the drone he has now still wanders off on his own instead of staying by Latrox which I assume it should do being a shield drone. 

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

The Map

• The entire map is brown and orange. It's just hard to enjoy the scenery especially when enemies are also the same color. Tracking a Jugulus projectile (brown) in the Cambion Drift is harder than Where's Waldo

Enemies, Poop, Tracks, Ammo, Loot, etc... Literally everything is Redish Brown.... Its so difficult to do any mining or conservation there because everything is is the same colour .

Steel Path

• Steel Path bounties do not provide a meaningful increase in standing/tokens for the extra time spent and gear check for that bounty

I find this to be a good thing and I wish the rest of Steel Path Content was just like this... Which it was back when it First Launched.

•  
    • Scaling objectives off squad size is a good idea on paper, but with the spawn issues and poor bounty design, this makes squads take objectively more time to finish the same task. :(

Which then leads to blame and in Fighting 😱 !!!

•  
    • The arbitrary resistances and damage reductions within Deimos leave players to really brainless gear choices like Arquebex or Peacemaker. If every enemy has to be immune to Viral, then maybe Viral is the problem. Just a thought

I genuinely don't get the reasoning behind all the Tanky Enemies....

I thought DE didn't want to drive us to one single method of playing .. after all ain't that why they nerfed the Xoris ?

So then what's with  all the Tanky Enemies ? At first I thought the were trying to Discourage Mesa.... But then after thinking about it I realised it made no sense....Mesa Is a Damage Dealer Warframe so by making enemies tougher all their doing is driving the Community to Mesa even harder... Void Rig is just "Necra-Mesa"...😐

4 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Don't you do it. You know how long and how many forma i used to erase my corrosive to rebuild viral on all my weapons.

We can add forma build times and Affinity Farming to the list of Fixes...

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Yes this is very annoying thing that I didnt even know of until this halloween, and Ive also done these a lot since its release. Its the most insufferable on Garv mission where youll have to wait for the pods to open but if you do the aimbotting grineer will insta-gib them sometimes (and sometimes they are totally missing them)

What makes it worse is that there's an Achievement that tells you to do it this way.... Hence the game effectively leads you into doing the wrong thing.

4 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I feel like they dont really listen to community on these bounties, look at Latrox too hes bounty got changed like 5 times for the worse before it finally got slightly better, but the drone he has now still wanders off on his own instead of staying by Latrox which I assume it should do being a shield drone.

Oh really.... ? I didn't know that could  happen... It would explain so much....

12 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Don't you do it. You know how long and how many forma i used to erase my corrosive to rebuild viral on all my weapons.

Being slow to react isn't my problem. Shouldn't have shipped the way it did. Also DE doesn't need to make Viral useless in Deimos. They can just make enemies more resistant to it or take reduced procs.

Being slow to react isn't my problem. Shouldn't have shipped the way it did. Also DE doesn't need to make Viral useless in Deimos. They can just make enemies more resistant to it or take reduced procs.

Or... They can make Corrosive Great again and leave viral alone...

On 2021-10-13 at 5:21 PM, Voltage said:
  • Spawns
    • Spawns are at the top of my list. An infested planet overrun by the hive, and you see a handful of scripted spawns. During bounties like Garv, the "please wait for 3 infested spawn pods on a timer" is excruciating. Given these modes are intended to be played multiple times, this just makes the repetitive nature of farming in Warframe brutal with so much standing around. Assassination bounties have the same problem. The biggest improvement to bounties in general are tuning up spawns. Being in thousand meter tilesets to see 3-5 enemies in predetermined groups is not enjoyable. Spawns in Warframe are generally scarce despite the game being advertised as a horde shooter by many people.
    • The arbitrary resistances and damage reductions within Deimos leave players to really brainless gear choices like Arquebex or Peacemaker. If every enemy has to be immune to Viral, then maybe Viral is the problem. Just a thought.

Overall Cambion Drift bounties feel really bad to play at almost every corner. I understand that nothing will likely change (maybe in a few years). I won't hold my breath, but I just wanted to write it down.

I agree with these....  several objectives have very buggy spawn mechanics.  I see people quit instead of wait on spawns.     Squad scaling is a horrible idea,  rolling with a squad should make things easier not harder.    DR/Resistances I dont know anything about....  like on what??  My weapons kill the same as always minus the nerfs to melee.   

There are definately objectives I dread doing.   The variety is so few you get super board with repetitive objectives and layouts...  I certainly never go into Cambion Drift bounties just to have fun.  (same as cetus/ov).  

-----------------------

I saw people hosting mommy token farms before naberous....I knew there wouldnt be much to buy after season 1 so I ignored them....  Naberous came and I went to sister... when I went to buy stuff I looked at how many mommy tokens I had....6k+ lmao...  All from hanging out in the iso tunnels farming stuff to sell back when it first came out lol.

Archived