Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I can't Unsee about operator

Aurra_Sing

Here are two things I can't never unsee about the operator once I noticed them.

Operator lose all hair while transferring:

The first time in a mission you transfer to operator, for a brief moment, the operator has no hair. Does transference burn their hair, but the operator can grow them back a second after that😳? or did the body get transferred first, then the hair?

Operator is Excalibur?

In your operator room, whenever you transfer back to warframe, the operator slowly teleports back to their seat. However, for a brief moment, it is Excalibur!!! that gets teleported to the seat and turned to the operator. Are all operators an Excalibur in disguise😯 ?!! or operators need an Excalibur to transfer, because operators can only transfer to a warframe not a seat?

27 minutes ago, Aurra_Sing said:

or did the body get transferred first, then the hair?

Yes, that is likely the case. In scene graph the body is higher in hierarchy and gets loaded first, the hair object is a child of the body and gets loaded after.

29 minutes ago, Aurra_Sing said:

In your operator room, whenever you transfer back to warframe, the operator slowly teleports back to their seat. However, for a brief moment, it is Excalibur!!!

It's the default player model that is used as a fallback for all other player models, and each and every type of player-controller implemented in the game.

Ignore the previous guy. Its all a conspiracy of the highest order. 

Ever heard of the theory that everything is slowly evolving into crabs? Well, in warframe everything is slowly evolving into excaliburs. The hairloss is the first symptom. 

Since this thread already has the Spoiler tag...  The thing that constantly gets me is Eudico's "grass in the wind" eyelashes.  I don't think DE invested too much effort into the Evolution Engine's handling of hair, which is somewhat understandable given how little of it we have in the game.

As for the monochrome Excalibur model, that's just the default placeholder model while your system is loading -- you will also see it on Open Worlds and Relays as you spawn in and see other players.  I do not see it on my Operator, though.  Maybe I just don't have enough cosmetics on my Operator so my system loads her model faster than I can see?

Well either that, or the others are right and we're all just turning into crabs.  Would be quite a sight to see Eudico's head spout legs The Thing style and run out of her chest...

8 hours ago, Aurra_Sing said:

Operator lose all hair while transferring:

must only be for a split second, my operator always has his cringey Mohawk (better hair options for the kids please DE...), but there is always going to be a tiny window between frame and Operator. 

8 hours ago, Aurra_Sing said:

Operator is Excalibur?

Excal is the placeholder for things that haven't loaded in, you can see this when you first enter relays and it has yet to load other people's frames, they walk around as a shimmering black/blue Excalibur until it can load in their frame and fashion. would be kinda neat if for April fools we got that as an actual Excalibur skin lol.  "I may not have fully loaded, but my gun is!"

so don't worry, it's just the spaghetti code doing what it's supposed to.

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

must only be for a split second, my operator always has his cringey Mohawk (better hair options for the kids please DE...), but there is always going to be a tiny window between frame and Operator. 

Excal is the placeholder for things that haven't loaded in, you can see this when you first enter relays and it has yet to load other people's frames, they walk around as a shimmering black/blue Excalibur until it can load in their frame and fashion. would be kinda neat if for April fools we got that as an actual Excalibur skin lol.  "I may not have fully loaded, but my gun is!"

so don't worry, it's just the spaghetti code doing what it's supposed to.

Well there's an Operator mask in Cetus soooo your operator can roleplay 👍

Archived