Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack components suggestions

Soy77

Question

i finally drag myself to rebuild my railjack, there are couple of discussions here and there, but as usual none have meaningful conclusion. so i'd like to get your suggestions on the components. human > wiki after all.

1. plating & reactor : i'm running lavan, because of the lavan set shield bonus. but right now i'm not sure because of shieldgate. what do you think, is shieldgate as important in rj? should i change them?

2. engines : vidar, because boost speed is based on engine speed, so i went or the higher engine speed. thoughts?

3. shield : i have absolutely no clue what to run. i'm thinking zetki because of the fast recharge delay, but looking at the recharge rates they're not looking that promising.

any thoughts and suggestions are very much appreciated.

13 answers to this question

Rebuild, why did you sell it. lol

All my below gear is MKIII max'd stats and run it Solo, saving on amount of dribble text.

1.  I'm running Lavan 6000 Hull 2688 Armor which gives me 5,106 Armor and Hull of 11,399, I have Vidar and Zetki plating max'd as well but it depends on the mood I'm in with equipment.

1a. Reactor Zetki for the battle mod config it has with my mod config +60 BMS, +40% BMR 50% chance an Electric hazard repairs after 5s. Have Lavan and Vidar with differing stats depending on what battle mods, I run. I was testing Void Hole the other day in a fairly high grineer mission and it was pulling all the crew ships into it, was a funny sight.

2. Engines I run are Vidar 210 m/s - 1.4 Speed Multiplier - Boost speed increased by 50% when shields are depleted, which is a lot in the 90 - 100 RJ missions. I have Lavan and Zetki for different missions and combos but I tend to equip one and leave it.

3. Shields I don't really care about depending on configurations I'm faster and stronger without shields, the shield I run at the moment is Lavan 2000 Shield Capacity, -1s Shield Regeneration Delay -  30% Shield Regeneration Per second - Plus 1000% of energy consumed using battle mods is converted to shields. I have Vidar and Zetki with different bonus but I only really change them if I feel like it or want to, or remember. 

4. oops no 4. but I'll add one.

4. Guns on the pilot Zetki Glazio. On the swivel Turrets Zetki Talyn. I run Tycho Seeker to destroy the grineer Crew ship shields.

All of the above is helped with R10 Intrinsics x5.

I think it comes down to personal choice and how you want to play, I run Solo with the above and Elite Crew members which do their jobs well 99% of the time when the pilot isn't staring out into space, meanwhile I'm on the platform thinking hmm anytime you're ready pilot SHOOT THE DAMN RADIATOR. :facepalm: Only happens on certain missions though.

Dribbled on enough don't know it it helps you though but it's what I use most of the time solo, unless I feel like a change seeing I've invested in Railjack fairly heavily because I actually enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

1. plating & reactor : i'm running lavan, because of the lavan set shield bonus. but right now i'm not sure because of shieldgate. what do you think, is shieldgate as important in rj? should i change them?

I'm using Vidar Reactor because that was literally the only one worth using before Railjack was Reworked..... Again....

And I'm using Vidar Plating because thats what I had lying around... During Pluto Void Storms it can take a serious Pummeling.... Even on Veil Proxima I only get Catastrophic Failures Once per mission now instead of once every 30 Seconds just because the Talking Head says "Cyclops Array... target Torpedoes"... I literally just ignore that now... Which Frees up so much Cognitive Capacity to focus on other things....

I think any MK III plating will work.... But the only one I've tried is Vidar so thats the only one I can vouch for. I'm also using the Armor Aura... Whatever it's called so that one is a factor....

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

2. engines : vidar, because boost speed is based on engine speed, so i went or the higher engine speed. thoughts?

I honestly never checked.... I mean I'm using Vidar Engines but I don't know what the stats are not do I care... I hate Pilotinh my Railjack.... I literally only Pilot when it's time to take out Cruise Ships.... Beyond that I'm either in Archwing or inside Strong Holds...

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

3. shield : i have absolutely no clue what to run. i'm thinking zetki because of the fast recharge delay, but looking at the recharge rates they're not looking that promising

I'm also using Zetki Shields.... Why ? Because I am.... Just like in Regular Game Play Shields kinda suck so it seems like it doesn't matter which Shields you use.... All I can say is Zetki definitely gave me Better results than Lavan.... I have no clue how either compare to Vidar Shields.

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

any thoughts and suggestions are very much appreciated.

It's all about the crew... Get Rank 10 Command Instrinsics and you can hire Elite Crew Members for around 4 Million Credits (yeah they took away all the Resource Crew Options for Elites).... The Crew can make or break your Railjack Experience.... Obviously the Components are important but you literally can't Railjack without a Crew as far as I can telll

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Rebuild, why did you sell it. lol

All my below gear is MKIII max'd stats and run it Solo, saving on amount of dribble text.

1.  I'm running Lavan 6000 Hull 2688 Armor which gives me 5,106 Armor and Hull of 11,399, I have Vidar and Zetki plating max'd as well but it depends on the mood I'm in with equipment.

1a. Reactor Zetki for the battle mod config it has with my mod config +60 BMS, +40% BMR 50% chance an Electric hazard repairs after 5s. Have Lavan and Vidar with differing stats depending on what battle mods, I run. I was testing Void Hole the other day in a fairly high grineer mission and it was pulling all the crew ships into it, was a funny sight.

2. Engines I run are Vidar 210 m/s - 1.4 Speed Multiplier - Boost speed increased by 50% when shields are depleted, which is a lot in the 90 - 100 RJ missions. I have Lavan and Zetki for different missions and combos but I tend to equip one and leave it.

3. Shields I don't really care about depending on configurations I'm faster and stronger without shields, the shield I run at the moment is Lavan 2000 Shield Capacity, -1s Shield Regeneration Delay -  30% Shield Regeneration Per second - Plus 1000% of energy consumed using battle mods is converted to shields. I have Vidar and Zetki with different bonus but I only really change them if I feel like it or want to, or remember. 

4. oops no 4. but I'll add one.

4. Guns on the pilot Zetki Glazio. On the swivel Turrets Zetki Talyn. I run Tycho Seeker to destroy the grineer Crew ship shields.

All of the above is helped with R10 Intrinsics x5.

I think it comes down to personal choice and how you want to play, I run Solo with the above and Elite Crew members which do their jobs well 99% of the time when the pilot isn't staring out into space, meanwhile I'm on the platform thinking hmm anytime you're ready pilot SHOOT THE DAMN RADIATOR. :facepalm: Only happens on certain missions though.

Dribbled on enough don't know it it helps you though but it's what I use most of the time solo, unless I feel like a change seeing I've invested in Railjack fairly heavily because I actually enjoy it.

i'm one of those people who had totally pimped out ship before the rework, then too butthurt to visit it again after rj 2.0
also since the flying part is just a glorified intro for the actual missions, i kept myself busy pimping out my frames and mechs all these time.
but finally the time where i have to restore my old trusty ship to its glory days has come. who knows i might be lucky and get to ride it to battle on new war.

1. so you keep different component brands. do you valence them and keep one of each? or just buy more slots?

2. don't worry this is just the tip of my iceberg. i will have another thread just talking about guns 🤣

helpful as always, thanks mate.

20 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I'm using Vidar Reactor because that was literally the only one worth using before Railjack was Reworked..... Again....

And I'm using Vidar Plating because thats what I had lying around... During Pluto Void Storms it can take a serious Pummeling.... Even on Veil Proxima I only get Catastrophic Failures Once per mission now instead of once every 30 Seconds just because the Talking Head says "Cyclops Array... target Torpedoes"... I literally just ignore that now... Which Frees up so much Cognitive Capacity to focus on other things....

I think any MK III plating will work.... But the only one I've tried is Vidar so thats the only one I can vouch for. I'm also using the Armor Aura... Whatever it's called so that one is a factor....

I honestly never checked.... I mean I'm using Vidar Engines but I don't know what the stats are not do I care... I hate Pilotinh my Railjack.... I literally only Pilot when it's time to take out Cruise Ships.... Beyond that I'm either in Archwing or inside Strong Holds...

I'm also using Zetki Shields.... Why ? Because I am.... Just like in Regular Game Play Shields kinda suck so it seems like it doesn't matter which Shields you use.... All I can say is Zetki definitely gave me Better results than Lavan.... I have no clue how either compare to Vidar Shields.

It's all about the crew... Get Rank 10 Command Instrinsics and you can hire Elite Crew Members for around 4 Million Credits (yeah they took away all the Resource Crew Options for Elites).... The Crew can make or break your Railjack Experience.... Obviously the Components are important but you literally can't Railjack without a Crew as far as I can telll

vidar plating, huh... 

yeah i'm still working on my crew as well. it's kinda hard to do since i haven't even decide the components for my ship -some of their bonuses depends on the component's brands, right? probably if i see a good one i'll just hire em and build my ship around the crew instead 🤔

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

vidar plating, huh... 

yeah i'm still working on my crew as well. it's kinda hard to do since i haven't even decide the components for my ship -some of their bonuses depends on the component's brands, right? probably if i see a good one i'll just hire em and build my ship around the crew instead 🤔

I genuinely don't know.... Infact this whole set Bonus is news to me... First time I'm hearing about it right here....

All I see when I'm Configuring my Railjack is the name of the Manufacturer and MK III.... Everything else get Filtered Out....

BTW you didn't say which Turrets you were using....

I'm still rocking the Old Zetki Apoc META but I cant tell you how good there are because All this time I've been using Them Without the Turret Damage Mod 😝.... I was wondering why my Mausolon was destroying Security Nodes faster than my Turrets. Still though.... They hit pretty hard even without Turret Damage...

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

3. shield : i have absolutely no clue what to run. i'm thinking zetki because of the fast recharge delay, but looking at the recharge rates they're not looking that promising.

I want to start off just to put my 2c that I think the wiki for this game is amazing, and the team did a great job.  Played a lot of games with a lot of crappy wikis.  This game, Stardew and Terraria are the only games that have wikis of this quality.  You want human though:

1.  I don't worry about shield gating and my ship is fine other than the rare times I have a newbie on board who takes it upon themselves to park my ship in front of a POI that is clearly labeled "WILL BLOW UP YOUR RAILJACK WITHOUT TRYING.  DO NOT PARK HERE."  I run Vidar plating, despite having technically lower EHP.  The EHP difference between it and the Lavan is negligible, and it has been easier to get and max than the Lavan for me.  I use a Vidar Reactor because I use Void Hole for fighter CC.  

2.  Vidar again for the engines.  All my stuff is Vidar, actually.  It has the top base speed which is the speed you use while shooting and I shoot a lot.  It has slower speed while boosting, but boosting and drift while dogfighting is more than fast enough.  Changes to RJ speed and stamina were one of the only changes they made in the last big overhaul of RJ that I liked.  I also run Cruising Speed for moving between objectives and resource Ram farming, so speed is no issue at all with the Vidars.

3.  I run mostly solo, and I am the pilot with an AI crew with 0 piloting.  If I play with people, it's people I know and none of them are dumb enough to try and park the ship directly outside a massive POI that is covered in cannon batteries, so I don't have to worry about heavy damage from those things.  Just fighters and crew ships.  Without worrying about shield gating in the slightest, I can park my pilot-less RJ anywhere other than in front of a POI and it doesn't get blown up.  I run a maxed Vidar shield because it's the middle ground between capacity and recharge stats.  

I haven't tested this, but I have a feeling that if you have all MK3 from any house other than Sigma, you can probably move with impunity so long as you don't do something stupid and park your ship in front of a cannon labeled "SHIPKILLER".

46 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I genuinely don't know.... Infact this whole set Bonus is news to me... First time I'm hearing about it right here....

All I see when I'm Configuring my Railjack is the name of the Manufacturer and MK III.... Everything else get Filtered Out....

I'm still rocking the Old Zetki Apoc META but I cant tell you how good there are because All this time I've been using Them Without the Turret Damage Mod 😝.... I was wondering why my Mausolon was destroying Security Nodes faster than my Turrets. Still though.... They hit pretty hard even without Turret Damage...

The only "set bonus" I'm aware of is that on some Lavan reactors there is a trait that gives 25% more shield if you also have Lavan plating.  The tankiness isn't something I need and I'd rather have the range and duration from a Vidar reactor.  

You have to "identify" components you pick up in missions.  I think the unidentified component slots are unlimited and I think the reason they did this is so you can just keep running and not have to stop to scrap things.  Once you ID them they get their randomized stats and take up either a wreckage slot or a component slot.

My Zekti Apocs still work fine, even in the veil proxima, so I wouldn't worry about changing them.  I put Zekti Talyns on my side turrets for my AI gunners though.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

i'm one of those people who had totally pimped out ship before the rework, then too butthurt to visit it again after rj 2.0
also since the flying part is just a glorified intro for the actual missions, i kept myself busy pimping out my frames and mechs all these time.
but finally the time where i have to restore my old trusty ship to its glory days has come. who knows i might be lucky and get to ride it to battle on new war.

1. so you keep different component brands. do you valence them and keep one of each? or just buy more slots?

2. don't worry this is just the tip of my iceberg. i will have another thread just talking about guns 🤣

helpful as always, thanks mate.

I had my railjack built before Empyrean was even released, I put all the MKIII stuff from the dry dock on the ship did some missions to get some better gear and then while testing out each gun and other components back them, to sum it up I have every gun, shield, engine, reactor at max'd stats of each house max'd via valence fusion, I bought a few slots back in the day before we could even see how many slots we had. SeMz4.gif

Though now I know the guns I like I've gotten rid of some of the badder ones I stopped using to use the slots.

So to sum it up I have Zetki, Vidar and Lavan components all max'd stats.
3 different engines, to good to sell. 3 different shields. 3 different platings. 3 different reactors.

28 different guns left that I'm looking back through, yes I went crazy in the early days testing them all, I loved my vidar apocs for pure hitting power and my vidar photors.

Though the new guns I use now leave them for dead, my zetki glazio massive damage and massive crit 100% CC 5.0x CM and zetki talyn well they just shred everything in Viel Proxima in the 90 - 100 level missions, being 100% accuracy makes them even deadlier with my level 5 gunners on them, I can set both gunners active and do a slow fly through the middle of the enemies and watch the sky around me explode, just like that andromeda episode the battle of witchhead, The Angel of Death it's a magical thing, yes I like railjack. :laugh:

Plating and Engines stat wise are just a sliding scale.    HP vs Armor for plating.   Speed Vs Boost rate for engines.   The bonus's are what I would look the hardest at, not that I have.....

But yeah I went with vidar plating.  11k hp and 80%+?? DR  vs 8k HP and 85% DR  The DR difference wasnt that huge so I figured more HP at roughly the same DR meant more Effective health.   (But yeah does plating having bonus's lmao.  I need to take a second look at it from that angle.)

Engines same deal.  Best default speed and lower booster multiplier or a little less speed with a bigger boost multiplier.   Since I boost so often I took the hit to default speed and took the bigger boost multiplier.   But the top 2 engines probably really do equal out stat wise like armors...  so then it becomes all about the bonus abilities....  I coudnt tell you the bonus I have lol....  (But I think im using vidar or lavan engines ?)

Shields....  There is interesting things you can do with shields.  There are mods that let you restore shields on kills so it would make sense to go for max shield capacity.   There is no RJ version of adaptation though so shields are garbage.   To me the only thing that mattered was shield recharge delay.  How long it takes my shields to start to regen after hitting 0.   Zekti is the best for that hands down.  They max at -4 seconds which makes your shields start to regen in 1 second.  Very easy to trigger with boost/drift.   I think my Zekti engine grants turret damage when im out of shields???  That or speed.  Which sucks because the fast recharge delay lol.  

Reactors are important to your Battle Avionics...  They control range/duration/strength of your avionics.   I am using max range + small duration reactor cuz I wanted void holes to be huge and last long.  (In reality I NEVER have the energy to cast avionics,  AND even if I did I dont even need to because my gunner AI and me mop the map with our turrets!!!).   I see alot of people use frames that can easily get energy or pizzas and who spam missile barrage,  if you like that sort of thing you should probably be using max strength reactor.   

-----------------

Only thing I will say about Crew in relation to this thread is that you should pay very close attention to your AI Gunner and his bonus.   He should have bonus damage on Vidar/Zekti turrets.  Make sure your side turret matches to make them extremely effective.  

So finally eh ? 

There are some staples but honestly the difference is kinda dependent on your playstyle.

Plating: the differences between maxed out platings is very minor , but lavan wins with vidar close second and zetki a distant third. Get whichever plating you can get maxed out. The difference is not very noticeable in gameplay.

Shields : Zetki with minimal recharge delay is great if you are good at piloting your ship. the bonus damage trait is also nice. The other two are really not worth having in my opinion. But some vidar traits are interesting.

Reactor : zetki has better stats in my opinion (strength and range) , but again it will depend on whether you want more range , strength or duration on your battle avionics. Chance to fix a hazard is also great as a trait. Note that MK 2 reactors give more of a single stat (80%) and MK 3 give slightly less but in 2 stats (60% 40%)

Engine : Vidar tends to be better but the difference is only obvious when you are having maxed stats and the trait of higher speed when shields down is active. Very close second is lavan , its a very minor difference between the two especially now that you can boost indefinitely.

Again , this is with maxed stats on MK3 , results will be different in lower stat components.

thanks for all the replies, guys. i read them all, twice.

so far vidar engine and zetki shield seems to be more favorable.
plating is close between lavan & vidar. reactor is split between vidar & zetki.

from what i see so far, it seems that as long as they're mkiii and we valence them, the brand doesn't really matter. as in they're all good. somewhat of a common theme in warframe...

what kinda matter more are the bonus -and even those just comes down to personal preferences.

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

yeah i'm still using zetki stuff. they're doing great so imma focus on components first before getting to the turrets. i got confused easily 😅

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I want to start off just to put my 2c that I think the wiki for this game is amazing, and the team did a great job.  Played a lot of games with a lot of crappy wikis.  This game, Stardew and Terraria are the only games that have wikis of this quality.  You want human though:

agree. warframe have an amazing wiki.
it's just that when talking with others, people usually can point out some stuff that i missed in the wiki. it's nice

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

So to sum it up I have Zetki, Vidar and Lavan components all max'd stats.
3 different engines, to good to sell. 3 different shields. 3 different platings. 3 different reactors.

28 different guns left that I'm looking back through, yes I went crazy in the early days testing them all, I loved my vidar apocs for pure hitting power and my vidar photors.

please don't give me ideas that i'll probably regret...

i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't

3 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Only thing I will say about Crew in relation to this thread is that you should pay very close attention to your AI Gunner and his bonus.   He should have bonus damage on Vidar/Zekti turrets.  Make sure your side turret matches to make them extremely effective.  

yeah i'm still checking ticker everyday... worst farm on warframe, the waiting game 😥

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Again , this is with maxed stats on MK3 , results will be different in lower stat components.

awesome reply, mate. on point, clear, constructed, love it.

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

please don't give me ideas that i'll probably regret...

i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't collect all 18 mkiii guns i won't

You don't need to, the most guns you'll need is imo on pilot Zetki Glazio and on the swivel Turrets Zetki Talyn or Glazio & Talyn in the house that suits you, I don't care what house gun I use because I can flush the heatsink.

I'm running my railjack with the following components,

Zetki Reactor
+60% battle mod strength, +40% battle mod range, and 50% chance to repair electrical hazards

Vidar Plating
4400 hull, 3688 armor

Vidar Engines
210 m/s, 1.4 boost speed multiplier, -10% armor for unwelcomed visitors

Zetki Shields
1500 shield, -4s shield regen delay, 12% shield regen per second, railjack damage +25% when shields are depleted

I was having thoughts about changing Vidar Engines to Lavan brand but I couldn't get myself to part with the -10% armor so I have lived with slightly slower speed for awhile now.

As for the guns, my front turrets are Zetki Apoc MK3 for the high crit rate and the side turrets, I have taken the advice of one from the forums, Zetki Photor MK3 for the hitscan because if I run solo, my crew is going to be using that.

So far, this set up has worked quite well for me.

16 hours ago, Soy77 said:

what kinda matter more are the bonus -and even those just comes down to personal preferences.

Others might disagree with me, but none of those feel important enough to warrant worrying about too much.  I've changed out my bonuses on pieces before and not noticed any difference.  Even a void storm in the veil doesn't seem to warrant min/maxing to that degree.

Archived