Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everybody hate hydroid?

(PSN)Reaper330011

33 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

then you are asking people who already had played 1-2 years in the game, i rather ask new players for "fun" since they actually playing for what seems fun rather than thinking of efficiently killing 100+lvl enemies

Aren't these the same players responsible for Wukong Prime's High Usage rate ? 🤔

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Sorry I meant interception… not sure if puddle works on demolishers.just stand at the console, once they start shooting you, enter puddle mode, grab them with a tentacle and baptise them. Not that long.

Oh..... Well yeah that's true... Once you capture enemies they literally can not Escape.... Although Grendel can do The same thing without having to remain Motionless 😱.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

eh… could use a buff but it’s OK.  remember constitution and Augur message exists.

They will exist along side all the other mods because I definitely don't have space for them in my build.... 😱.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Pm me in forums private chat?

LoL... I don't think I can... It's still against the rules....

All I can say is it's a very old Joke that has plagued Hydroid since he was Released.... Poor Bastard....

37 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Whoopeedoo

He can kill trash enemies in the game mode where even the MK1 Lato can every boss and enemy with ease.

Is that Sarcasm 🤔 ?

35 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

That is basically why hydriod has a bad rep, he's very slow and his niche of farming has been taken over by khora and nekros

Don't forget Chesa's Retrieve.... 

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

but I just don’t see why people call him “useless” and why he “can’t do anything”…

It might have something to do with how impractical he has become for Solo Farming Toroids in The Orb Vallis.... Hydroid is uncharacteristically Squishy given his Stats 🤔.... So wasting Slots beefing up his Survivability just makes his Abilities Worse....

33 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

In addition to this, using all 4 abilities to kill a bunch of enemies requires a lot of energy

It's probably the largest issue with Hydroid.... He's just so energy Intensive... Granted Pilfering Swarm and Helminth Abilities can help with that... But its still cutting it close....

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

but in low levels it’s just really fun to turn into a puddle.

🤔 Your Idea of fun is.... Unconventional....

33 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

You can take a look at 2020 Warframe stats here : https://www.warframe.com/fr/2020stats  (Sorry, I only know the french site). 

It's okay... The Site Auto Switched when it realised I wasn't French 😝....

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

charge is actually understandable, maybe make it faster, like 1 second perhaps? 

500 Milliseconds and nothing more....

il y a 14 minutes, (NSW)AegisFifi a dit :

I'm begging with you ! Let's BEG DE all together ! 🙏🙏🙏

😆 My dear clan leader, you're always hoping for impossible things to happen... but we love you anyway...😆

This topic reminds me the time we passed on IO farming Oxium with Hydroid. Good old memories.

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

i use it pretty often he is pretty fun frame (to camp mostly)

he do lack of something , (his passive is pretty low tier but could have been good)

His passive is actually kinda cool if you get a little creative. 

Use Exodia hunt Dokrham to pull enemies in on ground slam and grab them with tentacle. Every single heavy blade stance has ground slams in their combos so it procs fairly often. 

Hydroid doesn't have much to work with so you have to make the best out of every little thing he has. 

Don't use tier systems to pick a frame. That's jus terrible advice. Pick what you enjoy. Some frames are less liked in coop play because they affect other peoples gameplay. Just be mindful of that if you play with other people.

Understand that a lot of players play in terms of max efficiency and consider that fun. Tier lists are based on that. That's the reason why Nyx for instance is always low on the tier list even though she's arguably one of the most powerful frames in the game.

You like Hydroid, you play Hydroid and don't listen to meta slaves telling you different. Pick what you like. My only advice on top of that is diversify your picks.  The game has 30+ frames with different styles and abilities. It's a waste not to try different things.

15 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Don't use tier systems to pick a frame. That's jus terrible advice. Pick what you enjoy. Some frames are less liked in coop play because they affect other peoples gameplay. Just be mindful of that if you play with other people.

Understand that a lot of players play in terms of max efficiency and consider that fun. Tier lists are based on that. That's the reason why Nyx for instance is always low on the tier list even though she's arguably one of the most powerful frames in the game.

You like Hydroid, you play Hydroid and don't listen to meta slaves telling you different. Pick what you like. My only advice on top of that is diversify your picks.  The game has 30+ frames with different styles and abilities. It's a waste not to try different things.

I never listen to tier systems…
i have chroma prime, Nekros prime, nidus prime, Sevagoth, limbo, hydroid, Oberon, rhino, Harrow, etc. I have quite a lot Rn.

excuse my lack of knowledge for terminology but wdym meta?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Reaper330011:

Khora can cc, but not the same way hydroid does.

his abilities take like 3 seconds to charge. Tentacles are basically a nuke and lived up to the description. It wreaks absolute havoc.

actually he reminds me a bit more of Cthulhu instead of a pirate. 

true but it gives you time to Regen your shields and breath… or go use the toilet or smth. 

Ensnare can be slow at times but strangledome is pretty fast and has an easier time dragging in new enemies. Whiplclaw spreading through strangledome does so much more damage than tentacles ever can, they'll fall of pretty harshly. Puddle is a S#&$ ability and no one needs it. Just hop into operator mode and use operator stealth. Hydroid is old an it shows, the game has sped up.

18 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

How come everyone says hes trash? It seems like everyone hates frames that can’t do OP damage…. 

IMO Hydroid suffers from the same problem as a lot of frames. he's not weak per se, it's just that his kit is kinda outdated, because he can't damage like newer frames can, and those same frames also have one or two other abilities like CC or healing, so they can basically do everything Hydroid can, but better. people also expect every frame to have powers that are steel path viable, not just starchart viable anymore. Hydroid can wreck starchart enemies, but then so can literally every other frame.

what we want is a rework that increases his overall power, and makes him more unique: Yareli took the water theme, but IMO Hydroid works better as a sea monster Commander, a vengeful pirate who unleashes a mighty kraken against his foes. he has a lot of potential that needs to be utilized in order to keep him relevant, and that goes for several other frames too.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

1. Very good crowd control in all levels, satisfactory damage in origin system, augment can basically kill anything. 
2. Arguably the worst ability. Minor crowd control, okay damage, good for travelling.

3. Okay damage, heals allies with augments, basically makes you immortal while your a puddle, slow damage increase (one time it bugged and went from 100 damage to 3k). Immobilises enemies and good for disabling a high priority target. 

4. The most fun ability. Basically a nuke, very satisfying damage, amazing crowd control, very good drop chances (good farming) with augment, works well with first ability, etc.

Just going to disagree with pretty much everything here.

1. Pretty mediocre as far as CC goes.  Sporadic, and doesn't have good damage past pretty low levels.  The targeting on it is janky.  It's also a charge skill, which play like trash in this game not only because they break up flow, but they're a pain to use while targeting with a controller.

2. Hey look, it's expensive Void Dash but doesn't hilariously launch enemies reliably and doesn't benefit from Operator Arcanes and is slower.

3. Super slow movement.  Drains energy heavily.  Drains extra energy to grab enemies.  Drains more energy while you're moving.  Enemies can just pop out of the puddle while you're moving which defeats the whole purpose other than AFK invulnerability.  Does useless amounts of damage at even mid levels.  With high power strength I've pulled in whole hoards of enemies in a Neo fissure and it barely touched them.  You could kill them with nearly anything else faster, and that IS the whole point.  Killing the enemies.  No use just CCing them out of sight.  Grendel's feast also eats enemies, but does it far cheaper, strips their armor and actually kills them.  It scales into long SP runs.  This ability does not.  

4. This ability has horrendous targeting.  The initial cast is fine, but I've watched enemies just sprint down a hallway filled with already-cast tentacles and not get grabbed or even hit.  The awful targeting makes it more unreliable as CC than other options.  The damage, even with 250% power strength, is mediocre.  The contact damage is magnetic, which is awful against anything but shields.  It only does True damage against grabbed enemies and it is extremely unreliable with the grabbing.  It's a charge ability, which again, are trash almost every time.  Because it's a charge ability it's expensive to cast, and it needs to be cast repeatedly to reliably grab anything.  The drop rate on the loot is misleading because it's so unreliable at grabbing enemies.  Every farm test I've done has Hydroid at the bottom for collecting loot because even though the drop rate on something like Descrate is lower, your kill speed can be much higher.  If the ability was more reliable and didn't do magnetic damage it would be solid.  But it's not and it does, so it sucks.

You like him and that's great.  Others like him, or maybe just hate him for different reasons.  Also great.  For me, I have 5 forma in him and I think he's trash because I think his kit is trash.  Does he work for super basic or low level missions?  Yes.  Can you use him as a CC frame in higher level stuff?  Also yes.  Is someone going to reply about how they've solo'd the whole SP starchart with just his abilities and he's totally actually amazing and I should shut up?  Probably, but I don't care.  Post a build and a video of him killing high level stuff with just his abilities faster than I could do it with whatever random weapon that fell out of my arsenal and maybe I'll change my mind.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

IMO Hydroid suffers from the same problem as a lot of frames. he's not weak per se, it's just that his kit is kinda outdated, because he can't damage like newer frames can, and those same frames also have one or two other abilities like CC or healing, so they can basically do everything Hydroid can, but better. people also expect every frame to have powers that are steel path viable, not just starchart viable anymore. Hydroid can wreck starchart enemies, but then so can literally every other frame.

what we want is a rework that increases his overall power, and makes him more unique: Yareli took the water theme, but IMO Hydroid works better as a sea monster Commander, a vengeful pirate who unleashes a mighty kraken against his foes. he has a lot of potential that needs to be utilized in order to keep him relevant, and that goes for several other frames too.

Yareli rides the waves, she’s the light sea frame.

but hydroid is hell of a lot cooler.

Hydroid is Cthulhu…. Omnipotent. 

commander of the deep sea, captain of sea monsters.

he commands the wrath of the sea and unleashes its full potential upon enemies…. 

here’s a rework idea:.

Tempest Barrage. More duration and more range. Also add a little bit of scaling damage maybe. Also add more base damage.

Tidal wave. Kind of alright and don’t fix it because it’s revenant for the other abilities.

Undertow. Good synergy with the other abilities. Need more range, more damage, increase the damage increase rate (by a large scale).

Tentacle swarm. By far the best ability. Damage buff with undertow is brilliant. Suggestions:

1. More damage (or scaling damage).

2. More range.

3. More duration.

4. Allow it to be recast in multiple areas or make the tentacle cap higher (50 and above perhaps).

5. You know how some monster comes out for a few seconds every time you cast it? It would be absolutely sick if on casting tentacle swarm, black water (or green, or normal water) covers the entire area and that creature swims through it and starts attacking enemies (permanently teleporting them to the sea, dragging them through the map, bitting and slashing at them, etc.)

edit: Just realised that monster is the tentacle thing. Ok ideas:

1. That monster stays on the surface and buffs all allies.

2. 1 (or 2) other monsters spawn, each with its own unique abilities and start attacking enemies.

just some suggestions.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Just going to disagree with pretty much everything here.

1. Pretty mediocre as far as CC goes.  Sporadic, and doesn't have good damage past pretty low levels.  The targeting on it is janky.  It's also a charge skill, which play like trash in this game not only because they break up flow, but they're a pain to use while targeting with a controller.

2. Hey look, it's expensive Void Dash but doesn't hilariously launch enemies reliably and doesn't benefit from Operator Arcanes and is slower.

3. Super slow movement.  Drains energy heavily.  Drains extra energy to grab enemies.  Drains more energy while you're moving.  Enemies can just pop out of the puddle while you're moving which defeats the whole purpose other than AFK invulnerability.  Does useless amounts of damage at even mid levels.  With high power strength I've pulled in whole hoards of enemies in a Neo fissure and it barely touched them.  You could kill them with nearly anything else faster, and that IS the whole point.  Killing the enemies.  No use just CCing them out of sight.  Grendel's feast also eats enemies, but does it far cheaper, strips their armor and actually kills them.  It scales into long SP runs.  This ability does not.  

4. This ability has horrendous targeting.  The initial cast is fine, but I've watched enemies just sprint down a hallway filled with already-cast tentacles and not get grabbed or even hit.  The awful targeting makes it more unreliable as CC than other options.  The damage, even with 250% power strength, is mediocre.  The contact damage is magnetic, which is awful against anything but shields.  It only does True damage against grabbed enemies and it is extremely unreliable with the grabbing.  It's a charge ability, which again, are trash almost every time.  Because it's a charge ability it's expensive to cast, and it needs to be cast repeatedly to reliably grab anything.  The drop rate on the loot is misleading because it's so unreliable at grabbing enemies.  Every farm test I've done has Hydroid at the bottom for collecting loot because even though the drop rate on something like Descrate is lower, your kill speed can be much higher.  If the ability was more reliable and didn't do magnetic damage it would be solid.  But it's not and it does, so it sucks.

You like him and that's great.  Others like him, or maybe just hate him for different reasons.  Also great.  For me, I have 5 forma in him and I think he's trash because I think his kit is trash.  Does he work for super basic or low level missions?  Yes.  Can you use him as a CC frame in higher level stuff?  Also yes.  Is someone going to reply about how they've solo'd the whole SP starchart with just his abilities and he's totally actually amazing and I should shut up?  Probably, but I don't care.  Post a build and a video of him killing high level stuff with just his abilities faster than I could do it with whatever random weapon that fell out of my arsenal and maybe I'll change my mind.

Up to level 80 (for me) he can destroy.

above that he struggles.

58 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Oooo.

btw just ran 1 hour arbitration with hydroid. Tentacles carried and slaughtered grineer.

NSFW 😱 !!! 

2 hours ago, (NSW)freedycurie said:

This topic reminds me the time we passed on IO farming Oxium with Hydroid. Good old memories.

Wow that takes me back ☺️... The old Gas City Defense Tile.... Where Mesa could See the Entire Map from. Single a Vantage Point 😱 !!!

1 hour ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Same thing as Vauban before his rework:

I wish I knew what he was like back then.... Because I'm really not fond of OverDriver and Photon Strike 😤

58 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

That's the reason why Nyx for instance is always low on the tier list even though she's arguably one of the most powerful frames in the game.

I remain Skeptical 🤔....

I mean don't get me wrong... I see the value of Psychic Bolts, Chaos and even Assimilate.... But Mind control is kinda disappointing.... And I doubt the Proposed Changes they are going to add to will make much difference unless when using specific units (Ancient Healers)....

47 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

excuse my lack of knowledge for terminology but wdym meta?

M-ost.

E-ffective.

T-actic.

A-vailable.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Wdym

Well DE has been designing their Warframe's lately to incorporate more Synergies with Other Abilities and More Interactivity in general because people tend to get bored when they're not pressing buttons every 5 Seconds.... Hydroid's Puddle kinda goes against that design method.... I think Nezha's Rework was the one of the first if not the very first Warframe that capitalised on the idea... Then After that it was Harrow... And so on....

It's why Warframe's lately have some sort of Gimmick that requires its own specific HUD Element on your Screen like Gauss's Battery or Ember's heat gauge...

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Is someone going to reply about how they've solo'd the whole SP starchart with just his abilities and he's totally actually amazing and I should shut up?  Probably, but I don't care. 

LoL... It's as valid as any other Response I guess... 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

but hydroid is hell of a lot cooler.

Hydroid is Cthulhu…. Omnipotent. 

commander of the deep sea, captain of sea monsters.

he commands the wrath of the sea and unleashes its full potential upon enemies…. 

When are they going to add Hydroid to the Leverian because now you got me Curious ?

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Tempest Barrage. More duration and more range. Also add a little bit of scaling damage maybe. Also add more base damage.

Tempest Barrage needs the fixed barrage radius removed, the augment needs to be base ability, enemies need to not get rag dolled all over the place(just knocked down in place is fine) and remove charge to cast all together and make charged stats base. 

So much to fix in Hydroid's kit.

Archived