Low Index - no payout reward

Lotus-123

Question

13 answers to this question

according to wiki resources that I've been reading, I was expecting to have 100k total - but my total credits didn't change. I didn't lose my 30k investment, but I didn't get anything either. I'm not a gambler, but I thought that the whole point of winning a bet was to gain money.

10 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

if you win and have banked 50 points

I was afraid it was something like that. That requirement pretty much violates what little I know about gambling - and makes it a useless mission for solo. I went into the mission in 'public' mode, but fought it by myself. Killed everything as fast as they showed up, but never banked 50. Guess I'm going back to Gabii. The rewards are smaller, but at least you don't get stuck with getting nothing.

4 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

I was afraid it was something like that. That requirement pretty much violates what little I know about gambling - and makes it a useless mission for solo. I went into the mission in 'public' mode, but fought it by myself. Killed everything as fast as they showed up, but never banked 50. Guess I'm going back to Gabii. The rewards are smaller, but at least you don't get stuck with getting nothing.

you cant be killing everything ant not be banking, you should easily be getting 50 also its easier to matchmake high rank index

• Like 1

Il y a 14 heures, Lotus-123 a dit :

Index solo is easy, especially the low rank one.

The more tokens you bank at once, the more bonus points you get (caps at 20). 

Just make sure to bank a couple ones at the start to get ahead one the clock, and to not let ennemies bank high amounts at once to keep the clock at bay.

Ideally, you should just be able to run around the map, killing everything, picking up every points you see and that should be largely enough to get you through without any special setup.

(Careful, the more points you have on you, the less health you have and the more your energy is drained, so maybe don't go for the 20 points at once if your frame can't deal with that. Tho a rhino can easily ignore this issue)

It'd be a shame, because index is simply the absolute most efficient way to gain credits. Tho there are other slightly lower payout places, but that drop other things as well, where index will only ever grant you credits and a handful of duplicate mods.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

My credits were running low. Had just enough to put 30k down on the Low Index. Won it easily, but still have only 30k credits...?

winning is not enough. you have to score certain amount of point to get paid.
for low risk, iirc it's 50 points.

i know it seems bull     on lower levels, but as you become stronger, killing index enemies will be easier than a piece of cake. come back again when you've advanced in the game -preferably when you have credit booster. it's still one of the best credit source.

18 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

... and makes it a useless mission for solo.....

If you can't solo it but are in a clan then ask for clan members to join. If there's no clan members willing to join, change clans because what good is a clan if it isn't about helping each other?

If you can't solo and aren't in a clan, join a good clan. Else try getting a squad together in recruiting/region chat.

When you can't solo the lowest level of index it does indicates that your gear and mods aren't up to snuff yet. Indirectly it also demonstrates that you most likely haven't been doing all your quests yet because else you would have gear/mods by now that would let you do the Glass Gambit quest which involves several index runs.

...That requirement pretty much violates what little I know about gambling...

The 'house' determines the rules so whatever rules they put up are the rules. If you don't agree with the rules you are free not to gamble. That said, most players will use Index runs as the default way to acquire lots of creds quickly. There's no mission I can think of off hand that you can do in less then 10 minutes and that will net you that much creds that easily.

On a side note. There's a double cred weekend coming up again. If possible get yourself a cred booster, because it stacks.  In other words on the highest level index every successful round will net you not 250k but 1million. There will be tons of players playing index all during the weekend. And some even will have it open so that randoms can join. In which case all you have to do is not make a nuisance of yourself and let them do their thing and you'll have a neat little nest egg.  :)

PS: if you don't know, nor figured it out yet, the first mission you do in a day also nets you double creds. And yes, that stacks as well.

Happy hunting.

5 minutes in Gabii gets at least 20k credits, guaranteed. No squad necessary.

5 minutes in Low Index, unknown if you'll be alone or have a squad, could lose 30k credits, could get nothing for your efforts. If the RNG blesses you with enough enemies to kill, you might gain 75k. I may not be the most skilled player, but i *have* done the Gambit quest and modded my equipment. At no point during the mission, was I at all worried about whether or not I'd win. It's hard to bank the points when the RNG doesn't provide the enemies.

The bottom line is that doing 4 of the 5-minute runs on Gabii is a sure thing, guaranteed to get 80k credits, versus the risk and uncertainty of Index. I think we deserve to get rewards when we win a battle - especially since we're risking losing something.

• Dark sectors
  • Railjack missions (join public ones or get help if you dont have your own)
  • Index - low
  • Neptune - Disruption the round rewards are all increasing cash amounts (occasionally a stupid worthless uni medallion)
  • Profit Taker
  • index - high

Those are money makers listed by difficulty  in my opinion...       Disruption takes certain frames(khora/harrow/others?) or magus lockdown to make them easier.  To lock demolysts in place long enough to kill.   Neptune disrupt is corpus so tons of bubbles and robots =/.   But still kinda easy if you got the gear.  10-20 minutes is waaaay more than doing dark sector back to back.  

RJ credits just for running a node arent listed in-game but its pretty decent.  Veil prox is pretty decent. But even the lesser prox are good amounts...

---------

Khora, Wukong, Gara all make great index runners.   Just learn to defend your goal and let the enemy come to you, then when you have a bunch of points collected rush over to other side and bank em.   But yeah definately try to score early cuz that clock/timer is easy to lose track of at the start lol.  

IF the host leaves you leave!!!!  Otherwise it can lock up and you lose everything.  atleast on ps4 its broken and janky like that.   

10 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

5 minutes in Low Index, unknown if you'll be alone or have a squad, could lose 30k credits, could get nothing for your efforts. If the RNG blesses you with enough enemies to kill, you might gain 75k. I may not be the most skilled player, but i *have* done the Gambit quest and modded my equipment. At no point during the mission, was I at all worried about whether or not I'd win. It's hard to bank the points when the RNG doesn't provide the enemies.

The bottom line is that doing 4 of the 5-minute runs on Gabii is a sure thing, guaranteed to get 80k credits, versus the risk and uncertainty of Index. I think we deserve to get rewards when we win a battle - especially since we're risking losing something.

If you're having issues with Low Index, there's definitely ways you can improve. 

Sounds like you can probably kill them easily enough? And you don't seem worried about survivability? So perhaps there's just some slight tweaks to your tactics that would help you succeed. 

You can always try post your builds to get some feedback, in case you have any questions there.

As for tactics, when solo, I find it much more important to pay attention to the kill feed, and to use at least one (maybe 2) enemy radar mods. This way you'll know if your npc squad keeps dying, so you'll know which enemy to focus on since they'll likely be carrying points. Enemy radar will also solve the issue of "not providing enough enemies", since the enemy is always there, it sounds like perhaps you just couldn't find them.

At the start of the round, make sure to bank some points quickly to get some time on the clock. This way, if the enemy does bank, the round won't end before you can reach the target.

And make sure to know where the energy orbs are, so you'll never run out.

Since the initial investment is only paid for the first round, it's best if you can go a couple of rounds before extracting. This way you can wrack up hundreds of thousands of credits quite quickly.

If you do happen to find yourself in a squad and you're not host, make sure to extract when host does. Host migration is completely broken in Index, it does not work at all, 100% failure rate. So if host extracts, YOU EXTRACT! 

Hope some of that makes sense and helps a little.

19 hours ago, Lotus-123 said:

and 5 to 10 minutes alone in index (with the right gear and solo) will net you 200k the first run and every run after that even 250k.

20k in 5min or 200k in less then 10 minutes (40 in 10 minutes or 450k in about 20 or less) . If you can handle it, the choice is easy.