Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Yareli Merulina moddable like all other K-Drives (at least activate the mods in Open Worlds for Races etc.)

Gaudegrapfal

Please add the option to Merulina to mod it. If regular missions brake with this then just enable them in Open Worlds. K-Drive races are so much better with her new Dash movement and not being able to be dismounted on rocks. But the biggest hinderance is the lack of double jump height to get to race gates in the air and on high obsticles.

That Merulina is not moddable is so weird to me as Yareli is the queen of K-Drives but loses out to regular K-Drives in such an vital part of K-Drives (like jump height and speed).

So many do not play her in regular missions because of multiple reasons but if she can't even excel at her own discipline this is just sad.

I dont even want there to be an option to sink further extra forma into that useless piece of garbage. Being able to mod Merulina wouldn't fix any of Yareli's problem, it would only generate DE more money for bad game design. We shouldn't be encouraging that.

1 hour ago, Gaudegrapfal said:

That Merulina is not moddable is so weird to me as Yareli is the queen of K-Drives but loses out to regular K-Drives in such an vital part of K-Drives (like jump height and speed).

Last time I checked there weren't mods for negative jump height and speed, as that's what se actually needs for regular missions in regular tilesets when the camera clips through ceilings and walls due to excess momentum. Mad Stack, Quick Escape and Perfect Balance would arguably be the only useful mods, but those features could just be included in her base kit instead.

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

you cannot ask for gimmicks to be useful, or even usable. 

You can as for anything... the thing is you won't get all stuffs.

14 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

dont even want there to be an option to sink further extra forma into that useless piece of garbage. Being able to mod Merulina wouldn't fix any of Yareli's problem, it would only generate DE more money for bad game design. We shouldn't be encouraging that.

It would potentially create space for new and interesting ways of using Merulina/K-drive

i think they should make her kdrive her passive like press roll 2 times to get the kdrive, since as a ability it is completely pointless. atleast titania's archwing mode is actually powerful and doesn't feel like a downgrade. then her kdrive not able to be moddable feels acceptable

It’s easy enough to jump onto an actual k-drive instead of the k-drive prototype, though. And it sounds like Merulina would just make things easier, instead of making her necessary? 🤔 Although making things easier would make Merulina necessary.

Personally I prefer the simplicity of “Merulina to float around tilesets (which I really enjoy doing at the moment) and possibly toodle around open worlds, k-drive to do actual races and take mods”. Even if Yareli was the inspiration for k-drives, I feel it’s okay if the Ventkids made improvements and created a piece of equipment that can take mods

Making merulina moddable is one thing, but personally the movement should be really prioritized by the devs when they start looking at Yareli again (soon I hope) As of now, her damage is really good, but majority of the issues with her is just lack of synergy between abilities and that awful janky movement of merulina on smaller map tilesets. Her synergy needs to be really looked at, but I'd rather the devs work on her movement on the Merulina first.

Archived