Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Thoughts

Spoldozer

So I was playing Steel Path, doing the full completion, and I had a thought. What was the point of doing Steel Path missions that take longer and are more difficult? Interceptions are very very difficult (I was barely able to do the Inteception on Venus solo) and the only reason why you would go is for Steel Essence, which you can just get from the Acolytes, and you don't need to do a longer mission. Sure, there's an extra boost to mod drops and rescource drops, but frankly, at that point, you can just use extractors to get rescources, or you are like me and you have too many anyways.

I just did the Spy Mission on mercury and noticed that I got a relic from it, which got me thinking. The only current way that you can get Radiant relics, other than with void traces, is Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, which is actually easier than Steel Path, so why not make it so that relics you get from Steel Path are naturally Radiant Relics? It would at least make it somewhat worth it to do missions that reward relics at that point. No one does Steel Path, so I end up doing missions solo, but it would be nice to not do so, so why not give some incentive to do endless missions on Steel Path?

Assassinations don't give anything special either, so why not make it that bosses also drop Steel Essence, even if it is only one? Acolytes are easy, if you know how to deal with them, and they can appear so much more often than bosses.

Or, even better, though it may ruin the purpose of the vault, make it so that you can get certain vaulted relics. Doing so would at least make it so that they are worth it, and make it so that you don't just do it for a bit before you buy out everything that Teshin has.

...and i only just now realized I posted this in the wrong area 🤦‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Spoldozer said:

The only current way that you can get Radiant relics, other than with void traces, is Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, which is actually easier than Steel Path, so why not make it so that relics you get from Steel Path are naturally Radiant Relics?

You get radiant relics a few other places in the game like profit taker and void storm rail jack, but that is just a side comment.  To answer your question SP doesn't give radiant relics because then it would become the defacto have-to farm here place for them and that is something DE has strictly stated they want to avoid.  It pushes newer players toward the idea that they must play SP even if they aren't ready for it.

If that isn't good enough for you then I'd point out that needing traces sells boosters and DE needs to incentivize spending of money so that they make some on this free to play game.  Seriously, I wouldn't consider playing the game without a resource doubling booster any more.  Having one makes traces a non-issue.  As it does with so many other things...  steel essence, vitus essence, kuva, etc, etc.

The point of steel path was faster access to higher level enemies, and increased spawns. 

People spent a lot of time gaining power and progressing in the game, but they were still fighting the same level 50 enemies.

It only takes like 5 months to reach a point where you trivialize the game, and warframe was lingering too long with no higher level enemies. 

Radiant relics in steel path would drastically upset multiple things in game and within the game's finances.

More rare relic parts means more supply on the already saturated market.

i think they need to Actually give us Tier 6 rewards, not Tier 5, from playing steel path

its terrible that Every single node is just that worlds tier level of loot, including bounties. 

Every Bounty Node across the system needs to be steel path scaled for its drop and loot rewards tables. 

Right now earth on steel path gives 15 endo, and vitality. basically everything is like that.

For fortuna, cetus, necralisk, the steel path bounties are copy pasted Tier 5 bounty rewards. 

- i think the credits, mods, endo, kuva rewards need to be scaled up to steel path level

But, the relics, blueprints, all stay where they are. 

Archived