Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can’t Xaku basically do everything?

(PSN)Reaper330011

I mean come on.

Xata’s whisper. 
1. Who DOESN’T like more damage?

2. The status affect is pretty useful.

3. Extremely affective against sentients, you don’t need umbra when you have this.

Grasp of Lohk. 
1. Disarms enemies.

2. Staggers enemies on each shot.

3. Even more damage.

4. Satisfying scaling with enemy level.

5. Good synergy with the void beam.

The Lost (Accuse)

1. Conveets enemies to your side.

2. More damage.

3. Good crowd control.

4. Stops enemies from attacking you.

The Lost (Gaze)

1. Freezes enemies. Good to take out high priority targets.

2. Can completely strip enemies of armor and shields. 

The Lost (Deny).

1. Wipes sentient adaptations.

2. Very good damage (increased with second ability).

3. Suspends enemies midair.

The Vast Untime.

1. Releases shrapnel. Good crowd control and okay damage.

2. 75% dodge chance (add that with the passive). Extremely hard to hit.

3. Freezes the duration of other abilities (highly useful).

It seems like Xaku can do nearly everything…

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

3. Extremely affective against sentients, you don’t need umbra when you have this.

Technically even Umbra isn't all that effective against Sentients Either....

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

It seems like Xaku can do nearly everything

Can he ReRoll the Loot Drop Tables ?

he is pretty strong, but I think most people (perhaps myself included) don't really understand his intricacies as the few Xakus I see go for the "floating armory" build where you just use 2 and 4 and build for range and duration, allowing you to run around as the floating guns just blast everything around you. it's definitely viable, but not making use of all his kit.

What? But I have a decent fashion frame with Xaku and I am happy with it… I actually kind of like it a bit.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

They suffer the same thing I feel with Octavia, it's just not much fun for me. Good frame but I'd rather use something else

Fun over efficiency, definitely agree.

for me I find it fun because the 2 is absolutely sick and running around as a skeleton and dodging everything is really fun. 

also the 3 is really versatile and I love gaze and accuse. Deny is good for single targets and looks sick but not as fun….

his first doesn’t look cool but I use it when I need cc or more damage.

33 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Hes a great frame. Ive been using him as my SP clearer. No def mods and hes still out-tanks the odd inaros you see.

I’ve been using him for that too.

also Xaku is a IT, not a she or he.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

*NEARYLY*

I SAID NEARLY

😝

Fair Enough ☺️.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

They suffer the same thing I feel with Octavia, it's just not much fun for me. Good frame but I'd rather use something else

I mean... Most people think other frames should be prioritised for a rework but I genuinely think Octavia needs it the most.... She's entirely Waaaay too Automated...

Hydroid might suck but already he is not this level of Autonomous 😱 !!!

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

😝

Fair Enough ☺️.

I mean... Most people think other frames should be prioritised for a rework but I genuinely think Octavia needs it the most.... She's entirely Waaaay too Automated...

Hydroid might suck but already he is not this level of Autonomous 😱 !!!

Hydroid is the opposite of octavia. Fun, but not as efficiwnt

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

So anyway… why don’t people use Xaku more?  It’s not (yes, IT) as boring as octavia. The 1 and 4 are the most fun and the 1 and 3 are extremely efficient and fun in some cases…

Probably the same reason why you don't see some frames in the wild even though they're fantastic. They're "harder" to get than most frames so you don't see it much

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

True, but chroma and Xaku are better sentient slayers than umbra.

Technically the sentients no longer need special abilities to make them squishy, they were changed recently to be weak to status effects, which means they can be bled out with ease 

I would play them if it wasnt for the fact that they rely on RNG survival if they take a hit and their skills are mostly mid ranged. Those two dont mix well for me, so I rather just use Protea, Saryn or Vauban for mid and long range combat and Lavos or Revenant for up close and personal things.

For sentients neither Xaku or Umbra are needed anymore. If you really want or still need to counter them, well just subsume Xaku's #1 on any frame or run around with paracesis.

If you really like Xaku you should try out Breach Surge on them instead of their #1. The damage it provides together with Grasp of Lohk is insane and it gives you breathing room due to the CC effect and considerable AoE potential.

Archived