Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can’t Xaku basically do everything?

(PSN)Reaper330011

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

he is pretty strong, but I think most people (perhaps myself included) don't really understand his intricacies as the few Xakus I see go for the "floating armory" build where you just use 2 and 4 and build for range and duration, allowing you to run around as the floating guns just blast everything around you. it's definitely viable, but not making use of all his kit.

It mostly depends on what type and difficulty of content you are playing at.  For the star chart the 2 and 4 is simply all that you need so that's all that you use.  His 1 (more damage) and 3 (mostly armor strip, but the other stuff too) come into play at much higher levels.

His (lack of) complexity is deceiving, people think he's a lot more complicated than he really is.  All in all a great frame and one I enjoy and use a lot more than I originally thought I would.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Agent_CHAR said:

It mostly depends on what type and difficulty of content you are playing at.  For the star chart the 2 and 4 is simply all that you need so that's all that you use.  His 1 (more damage) and 3 (mostly armor strip, but the other stuff too) come into play at much higher levels.

His (lack of) complexity is deceiving, people think he's a lot more complicated than he really is.  All in all a great frame and one I enjoy and use a lot more than I originally thought I would.

First I thought the void beam would be the most fun but it turned out to be the most boring

12 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

he is pretty strong, but I think most people (perhaps myself included) don't really understand his intricacies as the few Xakus I see go for the "floating armory" build where you just use 2 and 4 and build for range and duration, allowing you to run around as the floating guns just blast everything around you. it's definitely viable, but not making use of all his kit.

You can’t really put his full kit into full potential in one build. Depending on the situation you’ll have to vary your builds. I use a Duration-strenghth/survivability build because Xaku is kinda squishy….

9 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah sentients have been super downgraded as of late. They are much easier to cleave through then they used to be.

Anyways, a "Frame that can do everything" is a sign of good design to me. Mean's they have a well balanced kit.

They made Paracelsus more useful when they made sentients vulnerable to status. But for me I just don’t build for status and try rip off their arms even with adaptations with a 130% bonus damage to sentients 😝 

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)InductiveBag46 said:

You lost me at 'status effect is pretty useful'

How, lol.

42 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

prime version not available for them yet

Wouldn’t make sense lore wise. Xaku is made of the parts of lost warframes, so they wouldn’t have a prime version.

you could argue that Xaku prime would just be made of the prime versions of those lost warframes, however since the warframes were lost and destroyed, no prime version could ever be made.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Wouldn’t make sense lore wise. Xaku is made of the parts of lost warframes, so they wouldn’t have a prime version.

you could argue that Xaku prime would just be made of the prime versions of those lost warframes, however since the warframes were lost and destroyed, no prime version could ever be made.

For DE: Prime Access $$$ > Lore.

Xaku is absurdly overpowered.  They're probably the strongest frame in the game.  Their kit is just so overloaded with utility and scaling.  With a max max max range build and enough strength for the full armor strip, they are absolutely unstoppable.  The only challenge to playing Xaku with such a build is in finding a target for your 3 (gaze) that will still be alive when you finish casting it.  The 2 just plays the game for you.

They don't have access to stealth, but they excel in every other category.  My build is pretty squishy, but that's what shield gating is for.

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Xaku is absurdly overpowered.  They're probably the strongest frame in the game.  Their kit is just so overloaded with utility and scaling.  With a max max max range build and enough strength for the full armor strip, they are absolutely unstoppable.  The only challenge to playing Xaku with such a build is in finding a target for your 3 (gaze) that will still be alive when you finish casting it.  The 2 just plays the game for you.

They don't have access to stealth, but they excel in every other category.  My build is pretty squishy, but that's what shield gating is for.

God please don’t speak so highly of it or DE will nerf….

but yes just ran a veil survival 1 hr 30 mins, 2 helped carry, used deny to annihilate every once in a while, 4 just made me impossible to hit, 1 gave more damage, 3 gave additional allies plus armor strip..

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

God please don’t speak so highly of it or DE will nerf….

but yes just ran a veil survival 1 hr 30 mins, 2 helped carry, used deny to annihilate every once in a while, 4 just made me impossible to hit, 1 gave more damage, 3 gave additional allies plus armor strip..

The scaling sort of goes haywire in steel path though..

maybe it was a bug? It only did 70 damage per shot to steel path enemies and I just had to recast 4 100 times  because I wanted to actually see my turret kill a enemy. 

1 minute ago, sitfesz said:

Xaku is ok but I can always find a frame that simply does the specialized stuff better, so xaku gets absolutely ignored by me.

Xaku seems like a fixed version of Oberon.

oberon tried to be a little bit of everything and ended up being mediocre,

Xaku is just extremely efficient in everything.

Finding a build for Xaku that I liked was probably the most fun I've had playing WF in a long time. 

It's obvious there is potential for a ridiculously OP frame you just have to find it. There are several ways to hit that magic 200+ strength/range but nothing felt right for a long time. Once I got it though, He's unstoppable. 

15 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Their kit works extremely well together and I only have a hard time getting the lost powers to fit my play style with Xaku. Instead, I kept their 1, 2 and 4 and I replaced the lost with Pull to get enemies closer and steal guns for more killing. Thanks to a big round of strategic complaints, Xaku has become one of the most hard to kill mobile nukes in the game.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Their kit works extremely well together and I only have a hard time getting the lost powers to fit my play style with Xaku. Instead, I kept their 1, 2 and 4 and I replaced the lost with Pull to get enemies closer and steal guns for more killing. Thanks to a big round of strategic complaints, Xaku has become one of the most hard to kill mobile nukes in the game.

Why does everybody replace the 3?

100% Defense strip (full shield and armor strip)

Crowd control with allied enemies,

Giant Laser beam that does some really good damage.

42 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Finding a build for Xaku that I liked was probably the most fun I've had playing WF in a long time. 

It's obvious there is potential for a ridiculously OP frame you just have to find it. There are several ways to hit that magic 200+ strength/range but nothing felt right for a long time. Once I got it though, He's unstoppable. 

What’s your build? Couldn’t really get a right build yet…

i just went for full umbra set, some strength mods, 2 duration mods, Hunter adrenaline, flow.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

What’s your build? Couldn’t really get a right build yet…

i just went for full umbra set, some strength mods, 2 duration mods, Hunter adrenaline, flow.

I had to make 2 Xaku to test mod configs with different polarities. This one feels the best to play in endless SP.

Here is some pics.

Spoiler

Xaku 

idk what second arcane I like yet. Spectrosiphon is free energy and good cc, Acolytes hate it. It also provides the endless orbs so basically every cast has +50% strength from Energy Conversion (full strip ftw). Arcane eruption is always fun with Spectrosiphon but it does slow down kills. 

j2AMaTA.png

P.  Cernos - I'm about to get a new riven so build is changing slightly. Gal aptitude will replace one of the 60/60 mods. Viral/corrosive/heat

Nice cc utility weapon to set up mobs for spectrosiphon >gaze. Pretty much spam this so you don't get bored because Grasp is doing 99% of the work.

NKZ03Co.png

Epitaph - also waiting on a new riven and will change soon. Gal Shot will replace a 60/60 mod as well. Viral/rad/blast/cold build

When you get bored with P. Cernos spam this or spam it all the time, it doesn't matter. It also has rad dmg so you can prime enemies for RDD shield steal or whatever.

8cqW29F.png

Rakta Dark Dagger - Melee really doesn't matter much RDD for shield regen. Take whatever you like to pick on Acolytes.

aYVcRKi.png

19 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I had to make 2 Xaku to test mod configs with different polarities. This one feels the best to play in endless SP.

Here is some pics.

Hide contents

Xaku 

idk what second arcane I like yet. Spectrosiphon is free energy and good cc, Acolytes hate it. It also provides the endless orbs so basically every cast has +50% strength from Energy Conversion (full strip ftw). Arcane eruption is always fun with Spectrosiphon but it does slow down kills. 

j2AMaTA.png

P.  Cernos - I'm about to get a new riven so build is changing slightly. Gal aptitude will replace one of the 60/60 mods. Viral/corrosive/heat

Nice cc utility weapon to set up mobs for spectrosiphon >gaze. Pretty much spam this so you don't get bored because Grasp is doing 99% of the work.

NKZ03Co.png

Epitaph - also waiting on a new riven and will change soon. Gal Shot will replace a 60/60 mod as well. Viral/rad/blast/cold build

When you get bored with P. Cernos spam this or spam it all the time, it doesn't matter. It also has rad dmg so you can prime enemies for RDD shield steal or whatever.

8cqW29F.png

Rakta Dark Dagger - Melee really doesn't matter much RDD for shield regen. Take whatever you like to pick on Acolytes.

aYVcRKi.png

Um… what is the point in primed sure footed? How is your strength only 150? Don’t have primed flow… what does brief respite do? What did you replace for the gara augment?

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Um… what is the point in primed sure footed? 

The wiki is your friend

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

How is your strength only 150?

Wiki wins again

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Don’t have primed flow…

another useful site or wait for baro

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

what does brief respite do?

Wiki FTW

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

What did you replace for the gara augment?

Spoiler

eSkCRqI.png

Archived