Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can’t Xaku basically do everything?

(PSN)Reaper330011

Just now, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Yes yes I know, but why do you need primed sure footed in your build?

Both of my guns are aoe weapons with self stagger. I dislike spending time on my ass. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Also I still don’t understand brief respite

Spend energy, get shields. Shield Gating is super fantastic

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

This is why I use Ignis wraith and… yes of course, twin Grakata.

Proboscis Cernos groups enemies up and can be built for viral+corrosive and heat, cold or blast. It's a unique combo of status effects that is not possible on many weapons and none of the other weapons that can provide crowd control. 

Epitaph has innate cold procs on the quick shot radial attack. This means you slow enemies by up to 70%. It can also be built for radiation damage, radiation status effect makes enemies fight each other. That's 2 forms of crowd control in a 13m+ radius in a single shot. It also has blast damage on the radial shot, blast status effect is enemy accuracy reduced by up to 75%, combine that with Xaku's passive of 75% evasion and you rarely get hit. 

I'll gladly trade a single mod slot for the ability to use 3 forms of crowd control and another layer of survivability. I also really dislike getting knocked on my ass. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Why does everybody replace the 3?

100% Defense strip (full shield and armor strip)

Crowd control with allied enemies,

Giant Laser beam that does some really good damage.

For me, Xaku is allowed to run wild and focus on melee/gunplay without their 3 so I just used something that off balances the enemies while also bringing them in for resources and kills. The true damage of his 1 allows me to not have to worry about armor and shields much so I rarely use their 3. Don't get me wrong, 3's abilities are fantastic but it just doesn't fit my current run and gun style.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

For me, Xaku is allowed to run wild and focus on melee/gunplay without their 3 so I just used something that off balances the enemies while also bringing them in for resources and kills. The true damage of his 1 allows me to not have to worry about armor and shields much so I rarely use their 3. Don't get me wrong, 3's abilities are fantastic but it just doesn't fit my current run and gun style.

Uh ok…. Yeah…. That makes sense.

for me I just don’t want to replace anything cause everything’s quite useful now…

i use its 3 occasionally though. Usually only when a large amount of enemies are grouped up, or in high levels… mainly gaze and deny.

23 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

How, lol.

Wouldn’t make sense lore wise. Xaku is made of the parts of lost warframes, so they wouldn’t have a prime version.

you could argue that Xaku prime would just be made of the prime versions of those lost warframes, however since the warframes were lost and destroyed, no prime version could ever be made.

Doesn't matter if it conflicts with lore, DE does not care. Look at Nidus prime. If it makes them money, Xaku will get a prime sometime down the line. That's always been the plan. All warframes will get a prime eventually.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Doesn't matter if it conflicts with lore, DE does not care. Look at Nidus prime. If it makes them money, Xaku will get a prime sometime down the line. That's always been the plan. All warframes will get a prime eventually.

I literally said the exact same thing when I argued with my alliance about this.

I'm not arguing exactly, because they're versatile and strong and one of my favorites, but in the quest for accuracy and being able to do "everything" they cannot heal or generate energy or ammo.  They can survive easily, but he cannot tank if they do get hit and cannot tank for others.  Minor, in the face of all they can do, but not technically "everything."

On 2021-10-15 at 8:20 AM, Lutesque said:

Technically even Umbra isn't all that effective against Sentients Either....

His Howl removes their resistances, and his innate Umbra polarities let him equip the Umbral mods easier which do help against Sentients.  And I know Helminth doesn't count, but you can put Xata's Whisper from Xaku on Excal, since Slash Dash is garbage anyway.  Because it doesn't dilute proc pools and has its own damage instance, but uses your weapon's status chance, an Excal running Chromatic Blade with even moderate power strength can have a guaranteed Void proc along with a guaranteed proc from their weapon, which is two procs in one hit for Condition Overload. This also means that the Void status is applied to everything you hit, which prevents everything you hit from shooting you.  Also more damage.  Also Sentient resistance reset on every hit from his sword while they're getting pounded with the sword, which is already a very high damage weapon.  I run through Sentients on the SP easy with this combo.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

His Howl removes their resistances, and his innate Umbra polarities let him equip the Umbral mods easier which do help against Sentients.  And I know Helminth doesn't count, but you can put Xata's Whisper from Xaku on Excal, since Slash Dash is garbage anyway.  Because it doesn't dilute proc pools and has its own damage instance, but uses your weapon's status chance, an Excal running Chromatic Blade with even moderate power strength can have a guaranteed Void proc along with a guaranteed proc from their weapon, which is two procs in one hit for Condition Overload. This also means that the Void status is applied to everything you hit, which prevents everything you hit from shooting you.  Also more damage.  Also Sentient resistance reset on every hit from his sword while they're getting pounded with the sword, which is already a very high damage weapon.  I run through Sentients on the SP easy with this combo.

You lost me somewhere in the middle there 😥....

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You lost me somewhere in the middle there 😥....

I'm gonna assume you're not joking and be a little clearer.

Xata's Whisper uses the status chance of your weapons to determine if it deals a Void status effect.  It doesn't add Void damage directly to your weapon though.  Like if you have Viral/Heat on your sword and that's it, the proc pool for status effects is Viral and Heat.  Xata's doesn't dilute that pool by adding the damage to it, it does the damage in a separate instance while using the status chance stat from whichever weapon is currently being used.  That means if you have 100% status chance, that weapon will always deal a Void proc in addition to a proc from whatever elements are on the weapon.

Using the Chromatic Blade Augment for Excalibur's Exalted Blade, along with some power strength and a few status mods on the sword itself can get you to a high enough status chance that you have a guaranteed status on hit.  If you have Xata's turned on, you will always proc Void and one of the elements on your sword with every hit.  That's two procs guaranteed on the first hit you make, which helps out with Condition Overload stacks if you're running that, which you should be.

Because Void's status is Bullet Attractor (weird that it is, but that's neither here nor there.) every time you hit an enemy they get the mini magnetize bubble on them that prevents outgoing fire and redirects it to the enemy in the bubble.  Every time you hit an enemy with Xata's active on a 100% status weapon they can no longer shoot you.

Xata's is strong on its own, but slapping it on something like Excal with a properly built Exalted Blade makes it absolutely shine.  And tear up Sentients.  Which was my point.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Xata's is strong on its own, but slapping it on something like Excal with a properly built Exalted Blade makes it absolutely shine.  And tear up Sentients.  Which was my point.

I will NEVER give Xaku to my helminth…

it’s a hazard.

It will make my helminth choke! Metal is not edible!

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'm gonna assume you're not joking and be a little clearer.

Xata's Whisper uses the status chance of your weapons to determine if it deals a Void status effect.  It doesn't add Void damage directly to your weapon though.  Like if you have Viral/Heat on your sword and that's it, the proc pool for status effects is Viral and Heat.  Xata's doesn't dilute that pool by adding the damage to it, it does the damage in a separate instance while using the status chance stat from whichever weapon is currently being used.  That means if you have 100% status chance, that weapon will always deal a Void proc in addition to a proc from whatever elements are on the weapon.

Using the Chromatic Blade Augment for Excalibur's Exalted Blade, along with some power strength and a few status mods on the sword itself can get you to a high enough status chance that you have a guaranteed status on hit.  If you have Xata's turned on, you will always proc Void and one of the elements on your sword with every hit.  That's two procs guaranteed on the first hit you make, which helps out with Condition Overload stacks if you're running that, which you should be.

Because Void's status is Bullet Attractor (weird that it is, but that's neither here nor there.) every time you hit an enemy they get the mini magnetize bubble on them that prevents outgoing fire and redirects it to the enemy in the bubble.  Every time you hit an enemy with Xata's active on a 100% status weapon they can no longer shoot you.

Oh okay  I see now... So it's kinda like how the Hunters Set works..  😁

I main Xaku and they're great and I love them, but it's a huge stretch to say they can do everything.  On paper it might look like it, but in a mission you're going to have a very different experience.  They're no Ember, they're no Rhino, and they're no Vauban.  Do they still have great strengths and benefits?  Absolutely.  But I wouldn't even say Xaku comes close to having it all.  They have middling survivability, middling CC, middling damage output, and great debuffing.  Some of these areas can be patched with Helminth, but it feels like a big stretch to suggest they can do anywhere close to everything.

On 2021-10-16 at 7:32 AM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Also I still don’t understand brief respite

When combine with The Decaying Dragon Key it allows your Shield to become "Full" much faster and thus Resets your Shield Gate Duration to 1.3 Seconds.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

They have middling survivability

You mean great survivability with 75% dodge chance and void status?

middling CC

True.

middling damage output

No. My build kills anything in the game (excluding bosses)

They're no Ember

No frame is the same.

no Rhino

Mhm…..

no Vauban

Vauban has better cc but I’ll argue Xaku comes out on top on general use.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:
19 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

middling CC

True.

Void damage itself is a bit of CC in a way because the status proc makes it so enemies can't shoot you. 

Accuse hard CC's 8 enemies right out of the mission and causes them to soft CC everything around them as they're basically better versions of Nekros' Shadows without the augment.

Gaze Hard CC's 2 enemies almost indefinitely and works on some surprising things.  Then it strips defenses in a wide area while it's doing that.

Deny Hard CC's literally everything it hits, again, almost indefinitely since it suspends anything it doesn't kill and lasts as long as you can keep their 4 up.  The damage on this is massively amplified by the amount of replica guns they have out.

That's a lot of solid crowd control to be "middling" imo.  Middling would be like Nyx's Chaos, where the enemy can still be a threat, they're just less of one.  Xaku basically has that on just Accuse.  Not that you'd need to spam it since the replicas kill everything, but you could just spam Deny and lockdown everything that exists on the map for several minutes.

There's some tricks with Xaku builds if you're solo or have a cooperative team that can make interceptions extremely smooth because of the CC.

39 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Void damage itself is a bit of CC in a way because the status proc makes it so enemies can't shoot you. 

Accuse hard CC's 8 enemies right out of the mission and causes them to soft CC everything around them as they're basically better versions of Nekros' Shadows without the augment.

Gaze Hard CC's 2 enemies almost indefinitely and works on some surprising things.  Then it strips defenses in a wide area while it's doing that.

Deny Hard CC's literally everything it hits, again, almost indefinitely since it suspends anything it doesn't kill and lasts as long as you can keep their 4 up.  The damage on this is massively amplified by the amount of replica guns they have out.

That's a lot of solid crowd control to be "middling" imo.  Middling would be like Nyx's Chaos, where the enemy can still be a threat, they're just less of one.  Xaku basically has that on just Accuse.  Not that you'd need to spam it since the replicas kill everything, but you could just spam Deny and lockdown everything that exists on the map for several minutes.

There's some tricks with Xaku builds if you're solo or have a cooperative team that can make interceptions extremely smooth because of the CC.

Your right actually…..

i forgot about deny’s air suspension.

but in higher levels  Void status mass slaughters enemies for some reason. I don’t know why but everything kinda just dies in less than 30 seconds in some cases.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Your right actually…..

i forgot about deny’s air suspension.

but in higher levels  Void status mass slaughters enemies for some reason. I don’t know why but everything kinda just dies in less than 30 seconds in some cases.

It's not the status.  I actually stripped Xata's off my Xaku for Empower, because I run low strength, high range.  Replica count is based on range, not strength, and more guns = more DPS, I actually did the math for how I was willing to mod and what I was willing to dump.  The damage on the replicas scales with enemy level, and having more guns firing at their fixed fire rate will give you more DPS than higher strength will in most modding cases, and since it scales based on level in the damage calc, having a bunch of guns floating around will shred even high level enemies.  When you add in more strength anyway with Empower and Growing power and maybe even a Pax Bolt, you can cast Grasp in a big pack with their 4 already up and end up with lots of high strength guns that run on aimbot.

It takes some pretty chunky dudes to slow Xaku down.

Archived