Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Acid Shells Broken?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

This reminds me of nightwatch napalm, where the tooltip is actually false information about the way it works:

From Wiki:

Rather than doing 30% of damage, it creates an AoE dealing 150 DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat damage per tick.

source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nightwatch_Napalm

According to the wiki acid shells still works as described, but who knows with DE honestly.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Are Acid Shells glitched out now?

I see nearby enemies get hit with the explosion, but their damage hit are only 450. seems like its not applying the +45% Enemy Health portion.

Havent played with the Sobek in quite a wile (Years), i find the effect of the Acid Shells very potent if it actually works. I might see how its performing with the new Galvanized mods soon and also test to see if the Acid Shells is working.

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

This reminds me of nightwatch napalm, where the tooltip is actually false information about the way it works:

From Wiki:

Rather than doing 30% of damage, it creates an AoE dealing 150 DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat damage per tick.

According to the wiki acid shells still works as described, but who knows with DE honestly.

Yeah, i stopped using it quite a wile ago because of that. The armor stripping of the Heat procs from the mod alone arent worth it.

The damage from Acid Shells is affected by armor. Test it against unarmored enemies (infested work well) to see if the damage is being reduced.

There is also damage falloff so the farther away from the exploded target, the lower the damage.

6 hours ago, Skaleek said:

From Wiki:

Maybe if more people knew this we wouldn't have to suffer through quite as much NN Ogris spam.  It's appalling that it exists in its current state, and it's even worse when you realize that "Reduced Ally VFX" has absolutely no effect on it.

On 2021-10-15 at 12:31 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Havent played with the Sobek in quite a wile (Years), i find the effect of the Acid Shells very potent if it actually works. I might see how its performing with the new Galvanized mods soon and also test to see if the Acid Shells is working.

Yeah, i stopped using it quite a wile ago because of that. The armor stripping of the Heat procs from the mod alone arent worth it.

Acid Shells can be broken very easily using frames like Saryn or Garuda, which apply universal damage buffs to all sources of outgoing damage by the player, and this damage can something like quad-dip on buffs and bane mods. The math works something like this.

Saryn kills a dude with Acid Shells. She has a bane mod and Roar on her build. Both of these things scale the same way, so let's assume she has like 100% total bane/Roar buff on the gun.

Acid Shells deals 450+45% of the killed target. This is multiplied by Roar and banes, resulting in surrounding enemies taking 900+90% of that original target's HP. Saryn has Toxic Lash on for 200% added toxin damage, plus toxin procs. She applied a toxin hit of 1800+180%. Banes and Roar apply again on top of this, multiplying the on-hit damage of Toxic Lash to 3600+360%. Toxic Lash applies a toxin proc of this same base damage. Roar+Bane then multiply the toxin proc again a final time, resulting in a final toxin proc of 7200+720% of the original target killed.

Acid Shells also self-triggers. If it kills a thing, that thing also explodes. This results in entire rooms of Corpus instantly exploding.

Archived