The Call Of Tempestarii

Lutesque

Question

So. About to jump into this Quest...

Are there any nasty surprises I should know about ? Stupid Gimmicks and One Time Game Modes I have to learn ?

I don't want to suffer like I did with all the previous Quests so This Time I'm asking before the Salt kicks in....

16 answers to this question

It's not that long of a quest actually, in the grand scheme of things. Considering that it's what introduces Void Storms & Preludes to the Sisters, there aren't any one-time things within the quest that I'm aware of.

Spoiler

Although I think it would be very cool if we could have that one Railjack Armament / Weapon near the end!

No spoilers though.

On the bright side (At least one thing I'm happy for) it is replayable.

• Smol edit: I nearly forgot to mention, there are 2 Somachord Fragments for Sleeping in the Cold Below that can be scanned throughout the quest's missions (One aboard a Railjack), so don't forget to bring some loot radar! I think they need to be scanned in order, so that's probably why it's replayable.
Edited by (NSW)Gamer-Steve
Forgot about the Somachord Fragments at first :)
  • Like 1

Just go and do it, discover the game like a normal player, don't ask to be spoonfed the solution to any potential hurdle in your way.

Just watch a playthrough if you don't want to engage with the game that bad.

I can't even remember a single quest segment that would even come close to warrant a warning, and that is the same here. As always in warframe, the game will give you more than enough pointers. Even with one eye closed and a hand behind your back, you'll be fine.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Just go and do it, discover the game like a normal player, don't ask to be spoonfed the solution to any potential hurdle in your way.

No Thank you....

I did that twice and not only was I punished for it but was also mocked for it by you yourself.

From now on Il save the Discovery for Other games.... For Warframe IL always ask first.

Will watching it give me the Tennet Detron ? 🤔

I can't even remember a single quest segment that would even come close to warrant a warning, and that is the same here. As always in warframe, the game will give you more than enough pointers. Even with one eye closed and a hand behind your back, you'll be fine

Historical Experience says I shouldn't Trust you... Sorry...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dauggie said:

that quest has one of best songs in warframe, "sleeping in the cold below". it's an alright quest, it has railjack so hopefully you know how to use it. other than that nothing new.

I dispute that with my opinion, absolutely hated the song. I would prefer to keep listening to "Drunken Sailor" from Black Flag, hearing the crew singing that is music to the ears over "Sleeping".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Sometimes you need some info. I would be happy if I knew that I need RJ with a crew if I want Solo it (not counting park-and-arch method).

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:
6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

I dispute that with my opinion, absolutely hated the song. I would prefer to keep listening to "Drunken Sailor" from Black Flag, hearing the crew singing that is music to the ears over "Sleeping".

I prefer Drunken sailor by Irish Rover. And sleeping by Colm McGuinness Music. Oh, well, tastes.

6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

that quest has one of best songs in warframe, "sleeping in the cold below". it's an alright quest, it has railjack so hopefully you know how to use it. other than that nothing new.

Quest is meh... but music... they should sell music instead of making games. :D

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I prefer "Roll, Boys Roll"... But all dem Shanties are good ♥️

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

no link to my comment, but alright

12 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I can't even remember a single quest segment that would even come close to warrant a warning, and that is the same here. As always in warframe, the game will give you more than enough pointers. Even with one eye closed and a hand behind your back, you'll be fine.

This is players helping players. 

The place to ASK for advice/help and GET IT with no judgment. 

If you don't want to give other players help then what in the bloody sentient tainted lotus flowers are your doing in this sub forum? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Are there any nasty surprises I should know about ? Stupid Gimmicks and One Time Game Modes I have to learn ?

I don't want to suffer like I did with all the previous Quests so This Time I'm asking before the Salt kicks in....

nothing new to learn an no hidden mechanics to the quest.

• Like 1

Le 16/10/2021 à 06:41, Tesseract7777 a dit :

This is players helping players. 

The place to ASK for advice/help and GET IT with no judgment. 

If you don't want to give other players help then what in the bloody sentient tainted lotus flowers are your doing in this sub forum? 

There is quite a large difference between "hey, I'm having trouble with this part of the game that I've already engaged with, am I missing something ? Any advice ?" and "hey, can I be spoonfed every detail about content I haven't yet touched at all ? God forbid I have a proper gaming experience."

I am helping the best way I know, I've said it in the past and will keep on saying it, people should always try to figure out things on their own at first, so that they can get the satisfaction and personnal growth that comes with overcoming hurdles.

Not that I don't also enjoy pointing out how this 2k hours player can't even try to start a simple quest on his own, but I'll say the same thing to any shy noob in a similar situation, minus the malice.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

There is quite a large difference between "hey, I'm having trouble with this part of the game that I've already engaged with, am I missing something ? Any advice ?" and "hey, can I be spoonfed every detail about content I haven't yet touched at all ? God forbid I have a proper gaming experience

There's also something called learning from Past Mistakes and Extrapolation....

I'm not going to suffer through a quest everysingle time and ask for help afterwards.... If there's a pattern to it I prefer to ask for help now so that The Quest Actually becomes enjoyable.... And it was...  Mostly....

I am helping the best way I know, I've said it in the past and will keep on saying it, people should always try to figure out things on their own at first, so that they can get the satisfaction and personnal growth that comes with overcoming hurdles.

So basically your method of helping is to not help at all... 🤔 ? And you think I'm weird... 🤨

Also I have plenty of hurdles to overcome in real life.... I don't need anymore from a video game....

Not that I don't also enjoy pointing out how this 2k hours player can't even try to start a simple quest on his own, but I'll say the same thing to any shy noob in a similar situation, minus the malice.

I did the same thing with Dark Souls.... 

I don't know why everyone keeps saying the experience is better when you jump in completely blind.... I found the Experience way better with a full video Walkthrough.... Hence when Dark Souls 3 Came out I didn't even bother trying it out on my own first.... Nothing I read about the game gave me any indication it was going to be any different from the first game so skipped straight to the walk through.... No Regrets 😁.....

Also please don't tell me you're one of those players who places too much Value on MR and Play Hours 😱 !!! You know those things mean essentially nothing right ?

Le 15/10/2021 à 16:34, Lutesque a dit :

There are no surprises with this questo, just be aware of three things :

1) You will have some excellent weapon on the Tempestarii and you will want to keep them for the rest of your life, but the game won't let you.🤣

2) You will be able to try Sevagoth's Shadow for the frist time (if you don't have him yet).

3) Don't forget to scan two Somachord fragments (one is in a spy room and the other on the Tempestarii) to be able to play "Sleeping in the cold below" on your Orbitor.

The last one is the most important, because it's the only way to unlock "Sleeping in the cold below" on your Orbitor. You'll have to do the quest once again if you don't scan the Somachord.

• Like 3

On 2021-10-15 at 11:32 PM, Fallen77 said:

- considering we have quests like sands of inaros with missable codex scan. 

- or quests where you can perfectly hit an unavoidable dead end for being undergeared -mostly boss quests, like alad v assasination or jordas precept.

- or the fact that for a period of time we had missable quest rewards (frame parts, before simaris sells them), or super hard to reobtain rewards if somehow you screwed it up (ex: the broken war).

- also considering DE's ability (actually "inability") to adjust order & pacing inside the game; ex: everyone know that lich hunting is lightyears better if the player already have all requiems ready at their disposal. most people who hate liches was noobs who fell into the larving QTE trap with zero preparations, they had to farm the relics, brute force opening all those relics until they got the requiem they need, on top of confronting a lich that's most of the time are way above their strength level.

yeah, warframe is definitely not metal gear where everything are intended, nothing are accidents, every secrets, easter eggs, even exploits are meticulously handpicked and hidden under the watchful eyes of kojima himself and his team of scrupulous japanese. 

imma say asking for advices before tackling a quest in warframe is perfectly normal.

just because i got screwed up by a quest, doesn't mean everybody have to discover getting screwed up like i did.
i'm not a vengeful person haha

Edited by Soy77