PS5 Keyboard & Mouse Support

(PSN)Sebastian-SHA

Just noticed that the PS5 originally supported a third-party keyboard and mouse. I've tried and found it usable in the PS version of WF, but still there are some problems as follows:

1. the UI would not change to adopt the keyboard, which can get confusing while you are using keyboard but staring at circles and triangles and do not know which key represents which bottom;

2. the keyboard layout cannot be changed. As the whole UI would not change to adopt keyboard, there is no keyboard setting in the option thus only some default keys can be triggered like aim and shoot or melee attack.

With the above being mentioned, is it possible to have it supported in the near future?

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sebastian-SHA said:

Just noticed that the PS5 originally supported a third-party keyboard and mouse. I've tried and found it usable in the PS version of WF, but still there are some problems as follows:

1. the UI would not change to adopt the keyboard, which can get confusing while you are using keyboard but staring at circles and triangles and do not know which key represents which bottom;

2. the keyboard layout cannot be changed. As the whole UI would not change to adopt keyboard, there is no keyboard setting in the option thus only some default keys can be triggered like aim and shoot or melee attack.

With the above being mentioned, is it possible to have it supported in the near future?

Not up to DE.

• Like 1

It is in fact "up to DE" to support Mouse and Keyboard. The choice of what inputs function in game has been available to developers since last gen. Both Sony and Microsoft have openly stated numerous times they allow developers to utilize Mouse and Keyboard support into their games. I also want them to support Gyro Aim on PS4 and PS5 similar to Switch. With a few days practice you'd be amazed at the speed and accuracy you can achieve.