Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coupons are the worst login bonus on consoles

(PSN)Caerith

I got a 75% off coupon, but I can't use it on slots, I can't use it on anything deemed a bundle (and many bundles include items exclusive to said bundles), and I can't even use it on the seasonal glyphs (individual purchase, not a bundle).  On PC, you can use it to buy platinum, which you can then use to buy any of the things I just mentioned at effectively a discount.  

Really, the only thing coupons shouldn't apply to is Tennogen since that's cash-only on PC.  

As a pc player every time I get a coupon I give silent thanks that I'm not playing on console. Consoles coupons are so bad comparatively. It makes me wonder what weird contractual obligation is going on that the coupons don't just work on every item in the store when they already have a one purchase restriction.

On 2021-10-16 at 3:28 AM, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

You can't imagine how long I've been waiting for the next 75% discount so I can buy either a deluxe skin or a colour palette for less than 50 plat lol

Yeah, I've bought most of the palettes (the rest don't have any unique colors in them as far as I can tell, just rearrangements of what I already have), but with the deluxe skins, well, apart from the few with no bundle (like Nyx Nemesis or Mirage's new one) I save up to buy the bundle for the stuff that would otherwise be unattainable.  And since coupons don't apply to bundles, well, useless.

On 2021-10-15 at 9:26 PM, Drasiel said:

As a pc player every time I get a coupon I give silent thanks that I'm not playing on console. Consoles coupons are so bad comparatively. It makes me wonder what weird contractual obligation is going on that the coupons don't just work on every item in the store when they already have a one purchase restriction.

I started as a PC player, but since at the time the game either didn't support gamepad or the gamepad feel wasn't very good, I decided to play on PS4 instead.  By the time I realized my error, well, I'm not starting over.

Anything I might still want from the market is bundle only or extremely inexpensive, like I might buy a catalyst if I don't have any NW credits.  I go combing through all the stupid minor cosmetics when I have a coupon and then end up buying nothing.  I did use several of the coupon the game kept dumping on me when I came back from a break to save myself the headache of certain farms like Ambassador.  I bought almost nothing you could farm while I was coming up through the ranks but the new grind is just so awful.  You can really tell that they're trying to encourage plat sales.  I'm back at having nothing to buy from the market again, so they get wasted, one way or another.

Archived