Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Variants of Ghoulsaw

(XBOX)RAG is NAROK

First let me say that I do like the Ghoulsaw, and I was hyped for its release. Could it have been better? Yes, and that's what I'm here to discuss. 

While the original Ghoulsaw doesn't necessarily live up completely to the hype, I think that if DE were to add a variant of the Ghoulsaw, whither it be a Wraith or Kuva variant would be really cool. It allows for DE to give use a more powerful version of the Ghoulsaw without having to keep going back and improving it's current stats. 

Plus let's be honest, it would be both funny and terrifying to be charged by a Kuva Lich riding on their Ghoulsaw. 

Let's be blunt, there's a reason why there's only 1 Kuva Melee weapon, and why all of the Tenet Melees are obtained through an alternate vendor. It's because it can take a lotta time to animate an entire new set of Melee attacks for those characters. It's easier when you can just reuse one animation set over and over, with at most needing to make 2-4 'new ones' (such as with Primaries and such). So besides the Ghoulsaw being too new to warrant a Kuva variant, animations are also something key to consider.

Speaking of which, as C11H22O11 mentioned before me, there will definitely be more Assault Saw weapons in the future. Personally, I'm hoping for a nasty abomination of an Infested one and perhaps a fun Sentient design.

Before they revealed the actual in-game Ghoul saw I used to joke with my friend saying "Kuva ghoul saw when?". lol

I could see them doing variants eventually but I'd like to see a new stance and a corpus/infested saw first. Though with the way they've handled other weapon types like two handed nikana, I don't expect to see a new saw in the next couple of years.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Since it's an entirely new melee class, Assault saw, it's definitely going to have more saw weapons in the future and hopefully a more stable stance as well

more saws probably, don't hold your breath on a Atance: we still have several melee classes that have gone years with only one stance.

and I'm still mildly peeved that the Split-Sword was never given it's own unique stance. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

more saws probably, don't hold your breath on a Atance: we still have several melee classes that have gone years with only one stance.

and I'm still mildly peeved that the Split-Sword was never given it's own unique stance. 

Because they don't bother with more Split-Sword after they made the first and only one. Which is good anyway because we essentially just get 2 half-@ss new melees instead of a shapeshifting one as it should have been.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Since it's an entirely new melee class, Assault saw, it's definitely going to have more saw weapons in the future and hopefully a more stable stance as well

Tell that to Dark-Split Sword who's still waiting for a stance. I'm not certain DE will make more saw weapons especially with the negative feedback. Ghoulsaw feels like their second attempt at a meme melee weapon much like how they previously attempted to put the Lunaro ball and it's thrower into the game a long time ago.

I don't mind how Ghoulsaw is now. It has poor stats, a bad stance, and it's in the bash lab; pretty fitting for a joke. :)

19 hours ago, (XBOX)RAG is NAROK said:

First let me say that I do like the Ghoulsaw, and I was hyped for its release. Could it have been better? Yes, and that's what I'm here to discuss. 

While the original Ghoulsaw doesn't necessarily live up completely to the hype, I think that if DE were to add a variant of the Ghoulsaw, whither it be a Wraith or Kuva variant would be really cool. It allows for DE to give use a more powerful version of the Ghoulsaw without having to keep going back and improving it's current stats. 

Plus let's be honest, it would be both funny and terrifying to be charged by a Kuva Lich riding on their Ghoulsaw. 

at some point there gonna be a corpus saw an maybe either a tenno or infested one

I just hope the next Ghoulsaw will be a hybrid like a gun-blade, consisting of a massive sawblade (double the current diameter) with the heavy attack seeing the launching of three Bramma arrows to different forward directions. Since this thing will consume so much fuel it will also need dual exhaust pipes in the form of a couple of Ignis Wraiths attached to its back which will damage enemes behind the warframe.

Archived