Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think warframe needs some mores lore tidbits in missions

BN549

What i mean by that is when playng a mission there sould be some one time tidbit at the beginning of the mission(witch can be played back in the codex if some didn't catch what they said) narated by ordis or lotus or other, starting to talk about things like: some lore about the ruling faction on the perticular mission(or the effect they have on that mission), some more information about the mission itself, some more lore about the tile set or planet, the diferente conflicts betweene factions (this particularly would work well in crossfire), some information about past event related to the ruling faction (this is mainly for newer players who missed the event and can only learn about it from wiki)and more that i haven't thought about. This would be great to build up the universe, so that the world itself feels more alive and lived-in and I think would also be positive for new players, as after Vor's prize the plot won't hit a dead end until they start a new quest.

19 minutes ago, BN549 said:

What i mean by that is when playng a mission there sould be some one time tidbit at the beginning of the mission(witch can be played back in the codex if some didn't catch what they said) narated by ordis or lotus or other, starting to talk about things like: some lore about the ruling faction on the perticular mission(or the effect they have on that mission), some more information about the mission itself, some more lore about the tile set or planet, the diferente conflicts betweene factions (this particularly would work well in crossfire), some information about past event related to the ruling faction (this is mainly for newer players who missed the event and can only learn about it from wiki)and more that i haven't thought about. This would be great to build up the universe, so that the world itself feels more alive and lived-in and I think would also be positive for new players, as after Vor's prize the plot won't hit a dead end until they start a new quest.

Awesome idea
At what MR i would be able to disable all of it?
Or from the get go?

23 minutes ago, BN549 said:

Id also ask that they make all the quests repayable. Or allow access to the audio from older events. 

There's some awesome lore in Orohix Venom for example  which most players overlooked. 

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

Awesome idea
At what MR i would be able to disable all of it?
Or from the get go?

I think being able to disable it from the settings when ever they want, similar to how you can mute ordis can be the right approach for the people who dont want to hear the lore in a mission

What I always wanted was a story line for each planet. Each node would have dialogue pertaining to a larger mission as a whole, wether it be an end boss assassination or the ultimate destruction of an enemy facility, whatever it may be. 

First up is an exterminate? You're clearing an entry path for a specialized recon team to follow you in.

Next is a defense? Now you're protecting a sensor array the recon team deployed as it surveys the area.

Capture mission? The array picked up comms chatter that high value target is in the vicinity.

Little bits of added voice lines can change the feel of a mission, even if it's the same survival you've done a thousand times before.

5 hours ago, BN549 said:

some lore about the ruling faction on the perticular mission(or the effect they have on that mission),

we have this.

"The Grineer used to be be builders, but now all they make is war"

"These Corpus are just like the Orokin, Selfish, greedy."

it's not great admittedly, but for newer players, they won't know about how the grineer built Orokin architecture, or that the Corpus are a money worshipping cult. I do think that maybe new voice lines should be added for players who have progressed their questlines, but that means writing and recording new dialogue, which takes time that DE may not want to spend on something that isn't new.

44 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So like the cephalon fragments ? But one for each planet?

Or the granum lore ?

Or the kurias ?

Or the glass fish ? 

Or the simaris lore quests ?

Sure, some scanable runes near entrance / exit if specific nodes would be nice. 

I was more thinking more of small general "hey, that,s neat" information specific about the mission, faction or tileset that is narrated right at the beginning of the mission, for a few nodes at the beginning of the planet. This way we can get lore more upfront rather then keep playing hide and sneak(or trading) for lore, and it also helps engage new players into the story of warframe atleast until they get to the more story driven quest.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we have this.

"The Grineer used to be be builders, but now all they make is war"

"These Corpus are just like the Orokin, Selfish, greedy."

it's not great admittedly, but for newer players, they won't know about how the grineer built Orokin architecture, or that the Corpus are a money worshipping cult. I do think that maybe new voice lines should be added for players who have progressed their questlines, but that means writing and recording new dialogue, which takes time that DE may not want to spend on something that isn't new.

I did think that it will slow the progress for new updates, but the reason why I thought to sugest this is because if the dev's want keep newcomers playing for more then 2-3 hours then uninstaling the game then they need to fix the early player experience, we can already see that they started doing so with the reworked awakaning "tutorial". This is just a small step towards that goal, as this wont take as much time as reworking the early quests.

Edit: (spoiler) Plus it can also make us conect more with ordis, lotus(witch will hit harder in the chimera and secrifice quest's) or even darvo(where he can tell us more about his family problems and the corpus hierarchy), depending on the narrator.

Archived