Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When does night wave reset seasons??

(PSN)xHoTiCe_

42 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

thats the fun part, we have no idea. it lasts however long it takes for them to finish making the next season.

They stopped making new seasons like two seasons ago, Its just been filler reward tracks for some time now. 

At this point they're probably better off automationg the reset every couple of months. 

nw must go....

there are many things broken in the warframe like railjack and lavos being target for railjack due to mistaken removal of power flow. Nw hasn't contributed anything to the game just for our eagerness to do everything on Sunday night to get rid of these missions we've done millions of times....That's the truth.

18 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

nw must go....

there are many things broken in the warframe like railjack and lavos being target for railjack due to mistaken removal of power flow. Nw hasn't contributed anything to the game just for our eagerness to do everything on Sunday night to get rid of these missions we've done millions of times....That's the truth.

Never used Lavos for Railjack and NW it's 100% better than the old alert system. While NW can be improved, it's a more fair system that doens't force people to constantly look out for alerts to have basic stuff like potatos and nitain. If you like to rush everything, it's on you, I play what I want n the game and I don't care at all at my NW rank, since I don't need most of the stuff there.

For a player that has religiously completed every NW challenge from the dawn of Nightwave this time around I couldn't care less, maybe once DE announce when it's ending I'll do some work on it, in the meantime I'm in no hurry to get to the cap until they let us know the end date, currently sitting at prestige 14 with a lot of missions hidden for now waiting to be recovered.

I mean, yeah the intermissions are pretty boring, but thats because they are the same as the lotus missions they replaced, having occasional injections of a mini quest spaced over a few months is kinda nice compared to just having the missions we had before and iirc there was no shop applied to it so you got whatever the #*!% cosmetic or occasionally potato DE decided to give us for that reward and once in a blue moon Nitain

48 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Never used Lavos for Railjack and NW it's 100% better than the old alert system. While NW can be improved, it's a more fair system that doens't force people to constantly look out for alerts to have basic stuff like potatos and nitain. If you like to rush everything, it's on you, I play what I want n the game and I don't care at all at my NW rank, since I don't need most of the stuff there.

I'd rather have alerts back even though I have everything from alerts already. I said DE will eventually abandon story-driven Nightwave consider they can't even spare the time for prime warframe trailers when they replaced alerts with NW and now it's going just exactly the way I expected.

Ah, Nightwave. Nightwave is an interesting case study

In the pro-NW crowd you have Nightwave showing off the strengths of a "battle pass." It gets players logging in every day with varied challenges, with none of the downsides if old alerts. No more missing out on mandatory progression items or that one last cosmetic you were missing.

In the anti-NW crowd you have DE's weakness on full display. Their ADHD. I genuinely believe DE makes good content, but there was no way they were going to get seasons out on time, not with the way their creative process works, not with how much they willingly pile onto their plate. This is a problem when the battle pass runs out and you're stuck waiting for a new one. Especially when the new one is just a repeat of an old one. Good will fades over time, but complaints build up

39 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I'd rather have alerts back even though I have everything from alerts already. I said DE will eventually abandon story-driven Nightwave consider they can't even spare the time for prime warframe trailers when they replaced alerts with NW and now it's going just exactly the way I expected.

I think this is the best tho, no one really liked Nora stories due how disruptive they were for regular gameplay and I would go even a step further, removing the "cooldown" between intermissions and just changing the reward pool sometimes and also making an universal otken system for nora that doesn't expire when intermissions ends. Everyone wins with this, players keep their progression, DE doesn't need to make stuff exclusive for NW and writters focus on making quests and lore.

6 hours ago, Oreades said:

At this point they're probably better off automationg the reset every couple of months. 

It's almost like we've seen this before with Sorties. Who would have guessed that manual seasonal changes weren't sustainable? 

sigh

On 2021-10-17 at 12:20 AM, Voltage said:

It's almost like we've seen this before with Sorties. Who would have guessed that manual seasonal changes weren't sustainable? 

sigh

Where sorties originally manually curated? 

Did I miss that historic age of Warframe?

13 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Where sorties originally manually curated? 

Did I miss that historic age of Warframe?

When Sorties had "seasons" they were manually changed from one to the next. Some seasons lasted eons like we see with Nightwave.

NW was an excuse to limit the rate at which we gain nitain and potatoes. DE accomplished this time gate and now they have little to no motivation to upkeep NW. As long as their players aren't accruing wealth to bypass plat sales, DE seems content. It's not like it would be hard to just infinitely cycle through existing nw seasons. They just couldn't care less, regardless of their devstream lip service, their actions always speak plain and clear to their intentions.

7 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

NW was an excuse to limit the rate at which we gain nitain and potatoes. DE accomplished this time gate and now they have little to no motivation to upkeep NW. As long as their players aren't accruing wealth to bypass plat sales, DE seems content. It's not like it would be hard to just infinitely cycle through existing nw seasons. They just couldn't care less, regardless of their devstream lip service, their actions always speak plain and clear to their intentions.

Players can get what they need easier now with Nightwave than what we had with the old Alerts, if players buy a little here and there then they should never run out again.

I didn't mind the old alerts because I live in the game, Alert pops up I used to go do it, NW is a great thing for players who might just play for 1/2 hour or 1 hour, they'd miss the old alerts.

Yes DE need to work out what they are doing with Nightwaves because rehashing old rewards over and over then not telling us a timeframe for the end is bad organization and frustrating.

10 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

NW literally granted more of those than the alert system for all players who didn't want to drop everything and jump on just for a Catalyst alert or run an alert every few hours just for a small quantity of Nitain.

Archived