Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just got lavos…. How the hell do I use him?

(PSN)Reaper330011

Question

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep was fixed in the patch that limited the number of vials that can be active.

8 hours ago, ShadoUrufu said:

My personal take on this, and I haven't read the other posts yet, is that You would combine the 2 with any elements you want, then dash into a group of enemies. Then you can either: 
A) Quickly combine more element and apply them via 1, which may kill some enemies 
OR
B) Let loose on the nuke in the middle of the pack, then immediately follow up with his 3 into the nearest pack of survivors. 

this thread is old…

anyway I figured out how to use him like 3 days after making this thread.

Still, thanks for everybody’s replies.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

Little bit necroposting but I want to let you know that Vial rush (at least subsumed) won't turn off speed. The same as Hydroid's (that's what someone said).

Yep was fixed in the patch that limited the number of vials that can be active.

On 2021-10-17 at 7:42 PM, SneakyErvin said:

My suggestion for Lavos is to replace his 2 with Roar, Xata's Whisper or something, unless you really love to have a mobility skill that constantly turns off auto-run.

Little bit necroposting but I want to let you know that Vial rush (at least subsumed) won't turn off speed. The same as Hydroid's (that's what someone said).

On 2021-10-17 at 4:48 AM, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Just solo’d a 45 wave hydron with him. My favorites are his 2 and 4.. I use corrosive and viral most of the time.

1. Can eliminate multiple enemies and heals lavos.

2. Does some really satisfying status damage and aoe damage.

3. Very useful. Mostly utility but has some damage too. 

4. An absolute nuke. Fire+Viral= Kill everything. 

so how exactly would you synergise his abilities?

Also how do you mod lavos?

My personal take on this, and I haven't read the other posts yet, is that You would combine the 2 with any elements you want, then dash into a group of enemies. Then you can either: 
A) Quickly combine more element and apply them via 1, which may kill some enemies 
OR
B) Let loose on the nuke in the middle of the pack, then immediately follow up with his 3 into the nearest pack of survivors. 

2 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Yes it do

Well, at least it did a month ago or so when I was doing nw. Worked for all elements and, as much as I can remember, for all his abilities (was just completing it with a few infused 4, didn't pay much attention to the rest)

ahh ty for that as when I last played him around his launch, it didn't count :p 

Le 17/10/2021 à 17:57, (PSN)Claudija a dit :

But do his statuses count towards NW now? I mean he'd be ideal for those "kill 150 enemies with Corrosive damage" types but last time I took him his Rad combination was not counting towards that tally

Yes it do

Well, at least it did a month ago or so when I was doing nw. Worked for all elements and, as much as I can remember, for all his abilities (was just completing it with a few infused 4, didn't pay much attention to the rest)

12 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Ooooo what build do you use?

From overframe.gg, I think it's the top rated build, the mecha build.  It requires a dog-type companion for ultimate procs, I went pharaoh predasite because it spreads even more procs I think.  And cedo is pretty essential too.  Lavos loves procs.

My suggestion for Lavos is to replace his 2 with Roar, Xata's Whisper or something, unless you really love to have a mobility skill that constantly turns off auto-run. After that invest in strength, range and umbra mods while keeping duration at 100% (since duration impact status duration on Lavos, so sub 100% is a big no). Dont care about efficiency, since as pointed out earlier in the thread, you dont need it. So you can easily get great strength and also get really high range at the same time with overextended etc.

Mine is pretty much Umbra, Umbra, Umbra, Blind Rage, Overextended, Stretch, Augur Reach and Adaptation with Growing Power and Primed Sure Footed. The massive range helps alot with CD reduction from #3 since the radius of the skill becomes quite large, so less worry about throwing it in the right direction in dense places like Steel Path survival. And even with overextended you still end up with decent strength at near 250% when GP is up. And if you go with Roar you gain a nice damage boost aswell to everything you do.

Outside of that I pretty much just alternate between pure fire branding or gas on his skills. Versus corpus just use Toxin with his #4. Use a Panzer with him for free viral and an extra element that scales your #4.

I would only suggest using Cedo on him if you really wanna gimmick him up. He is better off with an AoE gun even though Cedo stacks statuses. You will still need to shoot or melee when your #4 is on CD. And there are few things in the game that survive his #4 as it is, unless you plan on running really long endless runs. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

But do his statuses count towards NW now? I mean he'd be ideal for those "kill 150 enemies with Corrosive damage" types but last time I took him his Rad combination was not counting towards that tally

Yup they do. You just need the initial hit to kill if you use rad/corrosive/cold/magnetic/viral, it the innate DoT effect of his 1, 3 or 4 kills the target it wont count.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I am not sure , it think it does but it may not be the case.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I play him with neutral duration , negative efficiency (you really don't need efficiency) , moderate range and high strength.

All three umbral mods, if you can manage  it , makes him extremely durable.

He can utilise every element in the game except void (for which you have your kiddo) by holding the respective ability buttons.

He can heal himself , give soft CC depending on which elements you use on your abilities (electric and cold can keep enemies dancing the slo dance) , support by converting all ammo to universal ammo and any health/ energy orbs to universal orbs (pairs well with Synth deconstruct) which grants him status immunity.

And of course his 4 gives a lot of damage on primed enemies in a very large area.

And thanks to his other gimmick you don't even need energy , just cooldown which in my opinion are fair enough for what they do and can always be reduced with his 3.

It does take some getting used to though.

18 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I'm using a mecha build from overframe.  Pretty much been maining him.  You have to learn the effects of all the elements so you can pick which ones to use when.  It works best if you consider each ability as different ways to spread procs.  You can switch the hold/tap for his abilities in the menus, and imo, doing so is essential for Lavos.  My play loop, I look for a cluster of enemies to drop a 4 bomb.  I look for another cluster and cast 3 (it's a directional cast) to recharge my 4.  I sprinkle some 2 whenever I have a moment and think it'll do some good (2 is interruptible by jumping out of it, I almost never waste the time going the full distance.) I don't use his 1 because I have lots of ways managing my health and that's the most cumbersome of them.  When I have all the enemies all loaded up with procs, I use my cedo's alt fire to clear out what the procs didn't, and what that doesn't kill will now be loaded with so many procs it's easy to eliminate however I feel like it.

My results, I usually top the kills in squads, frequently by a decent margin, though I will very occasionally get out performed by some of the more serious nukes built and used well.  Spread the procs.

Takes way too long to kill in sp.

I'm using a mecha build from overframe.  Pretty much been maining him.  You have to learn the effects of all the elements so you can pick which ones to use when.  It works best if you consider each ability as different ways to spread procs.  You can switch the hold/tap for his abilities in the menus, and imo, doing so is essential for Lavos.  My play loop, I look for a cluster of enemies to drop a 4 bomb.  I look for another cluster and cast 3 (it's a directional cast) to recharge my 4.  I sprinkle some 2 whenever I have a moment and think it'll do some good (2 is interruptible by jumping out of it, I almost never waste the time going the full distance.) I don't use his 1 because I have lots of ways managing my health and that's the most cumbersome of them.  When I have all the enemies all loaded up with procs, I use my cedo's alt fire to clear out what the procs didn't, and what that doesn't kill will now be loaded with so many procs it's easy to eliminate however I feel like it.

My results, I usually top the kills in squads, frequently by a decent margin, though I will very occasionally get out performed by some of the more serious nukes built and used well.  Spread the procs.

I play him with neutral duration , negative efficiency (you really don't need efficiency) , moderate range and high strength.

All three umbral mods, if you can manage  it , makes him extremely durable.

He can utilise every element in the game except void (for which you have your kiddo) by holding the respective ability buttons.

He can heal himself , give soft CC depending on which elements you use on your abilities (electric and cold can keep enemies dancing the slo dance) , support by converting all ammo to universal ammo and any health/ energy orbs to universal orbs (pairs well with Synth deconstruct) which grants him status immunity.

And of course his 4 gives a lot of damage on primed enemies in a very large area.

And thanks to his other gimmick you don't even need energy , just cooldown which in my opinion are fair enough for what they do and can always be reduced with his 3.

It does take some getting used to though.

I play him like a noob. Built him for armor and health with power and a little bit of range. I have a simple rotation of skills mainly using his 3 and 4. I infuse 1 and 2 into 4 (viral+heat), then 1+2 or 4 into 3 (viral or heat+electric), 1+2 or 4 into 3 and repeat. His 4 is pretty good at wiping an entire map of enemies quickly. Really good vs infested, but also other enemies at decently high level. If there's a +300% power arbitration then that's fun too. 😎

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Just solo’d a 45 wave hydron with him. My favorites are his 2 and 4.. I use corrosive and viral most of the time.

Start by watching the guide video someone shared with you on this thread.

It demonstrates how to use the kit and gives build advice...

Also, go to overframe and check out some builds to give inspiration.

Lavos is pretty easy to build IMO. 

There are some Warframes I think are intuitive and easy to pick up and, maybe not master, but you get a good general overview of abilities and then you just need to practice. Lavos... is not one of those. At least he wasn't to me. Took a while before I really started to appreciate Lavos (the infuse elements can be a bit annoying on PS4 controller, my buttons are a bit sensitive) 

Your abilities have innate elements, but you can also infuse them with additional elements, including those that can be combined. 

As for modding, in my opinion, prioritise range first and strength. Duration is important in the sense, don't go into negative duration, duration affects your statuses inflicted. I use the 2 to spread status but mainly mobility, getting around faster, escaping bad situations if necessary. It does do damage, but not a large amount.

4 is a slow nuke, that is a bit finicky, because of its horizontal nature. I use to hate this ability, because I would find its strict horizontal nature, really limiting in practicality in Warframe, with so many uneven surfaces, stairs, slopes, levels, etc but then when I realised/understood it does more damage per status on an enemy, and got better and making sure to synergise it with the other abilities and weapons, I started to notice it can actually be really powerful, and maybe too powerful if say it was a spherical ability. So don't use the 4 by itself, spread a few statuses around (like say the alt fire with Cedo) or your 2 or 3, then use the 4 to kill everything affected. 

Don't sleep on his passive either, picking up energy orbs gives you 10's of status immunity. 

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Yes, I understand that. I just don’t understand what the second and fourth ability does.

Second ability is a mobility tool that drops AOE damage + status procs. 

Fourth ability is an AOE nuke that multiplies damage dealt based on the number of status procs on an enemy

The wiki is a comprehensive source of information if you want to get in-depth explanations

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Lavos#Abilities_

1: whip to heal, hold for toxin

2: Dash around dropping bombs, hold for cold

3: cast to convert ammo and energy/health orbs to universal and reduce cooldowns for each enemy hit, hold for electric

4: AoE elemental killing ability that has condition overload built in, hold for heat

Hold an ability to infuse that element into your next cast (hold 2 of them to combine the elements)

Archived