Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zarr/kuva zarr secondary fire mode.

Kazory

Why not just make pressing the alternate fire button release a shot from shotgun mode?
The zarr does not have any animation when changing the firing mode unlike other weapons like the Ambassador. Why not just make it like Bubonico? which when you press the alt fire button releases the projectiles instantly instead of changing the firing mode

As a console user, I very much dislike using alt-fire to shoot, using it to switch modes is at least manageable. Gonna break my thumb and break then joystick (R3) if I have to use alt-fire to shoot.

That said, if there were some option allowed (perhaps similar to the swap hold/tap function of abilities), that might help.

for some Weapons, i prefer the mode switch. for others, i prefer instant use.

the only real solution to me is for there to be the option. my best suggestion for it was for tapping Alt-Fire to instant use, while holding Alt-Fire would toggle modes.
then you could have both.

It's a preference issue, and I don't think has anything to do with animations.  There are exceptions, but I usually prefer mode switch. Often because I'm as fond or more fond of the second mode, and it's easier to use with the regular fire button.

It would be nice to be able to customize fire controls though, between alt-fire, alt-fire toggle, and aim toggle.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

As a console user, I very much dislike using alt-fire to shoot, using it to switch modes is at least manageable. Gonna break my thumb and break then joystick (R3) if I have to use alt-fire to shoot.

That said, if there were some option allowed (perhaps similar to the swap hold/tap function of abilities), that might help.

The easy workaround for this, for me, was rebinding some controls. I swapped "switch weapon" and "secondary fire" so pushing the right stick button swaps weapon while the "y button" (xbox controlller) shoots secondary fire or swaps secondary fire mode.

Makes using many weapons with secondary fire options much more straight forward.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the only real solution to me is for there to be the option. my best suggestion for it was for tapping Alt-Fire to instant use, while holding Alt-Fire would toggle modes.
then you could have both.

I like this suggestion.  Although it wouldn't work on Basmu, one of the weapons I'd enjoy selectable alt-fire on.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I like this suggestion.  Although it wouldn't work on Basmu, one of the weapons I'd enjoy selectable alt-fire on.

yeah it doesn't work anymore if we ever have an Alt-Fire that is a Charge.

and idk what to do at that point because i usually prefer having two fire Buttons but not every single time.
really depends on the Weapon, if it's an Alt-Fire that you more use once in a while as a one off then i prefer instant use, but i'll prefer a full switch if it's something that you'll be using a lot.

Select Fire Mode Switch makes sense for things like Auto Rifles. tying into the mechanics of well, firearms with select fire.

Stuff where the Alt is a Momentary action, like an underslung grenade, it makes sense for it to be an Instant Trigger.

to me, Zarr fits more into the Latter category than the Former. Its a quick panic-button to use a shotgun instead of your grenade when you get Surprised up close and don't want to blow self up. full on mode switch is to slow for that.

Archived