Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hounds are next to worthless

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

So I finally farmed up enough parts to build a custom hound and built it.   These things cost 200k, a bunch of toroids, and other resources to make btw.  

The biggest issue I have is that there is such inconsistancy among Sentinels/Moa/Hounds.    

On one hand hounds are great because all of their offensive mods can be placed on the weapon directly.  Something that would be awesome for beast pets... (I couldnt care less how you do it.  weapons, collars whatever).   On the other hand that leaves alot of vacant slots. 

Alot of empty slots WOULD be awesome but Hounds cant equip some of the mods Moa's or Sentinels or beast can equip.   You let us put Pack Leader on our hound so that we can heal it but we arent allowed to equip Hunter Recovery so that our hound can heal us??  I dont know if that was a "decision" or a mistake....

Another inconsistant combo is allowing us to equip "anti-grav array" but NOT "Tractor Beam"

Apparently you just want us to load them down with 3-4 hound precepts.  We dont need that many on one hound.   1-2 at most and we can change em out if we want...  

The melee weapons for hounds also dont follow normal rules...   Especially for range and speed.   They can equip those but they are not reflected in the stats???  They can equip condition overload but there were other common mods for melee that you cant like weeping wounds or blood rush... I dont know I forget right now.  You can equip True steel for crits but not Sacrifical Steel??   Deimos bug mods are a no go??

------------------

Sentinels, moa, hounds are all robots.  What mods one can equip should be able to be equipped to the others (except for weapon stuff).   Like Sentinels desperately need LINK mods.    There needs to be some very real consistancy brought into robot pets.   

I think its safe to say Sheldon really screwed the pooch on pets 2.0.   Sure you guys are working on New War but guess what there is always another patch.  You need to not rush through little things you are gonna leave on the side of the road for years and years.   People have been complaining about pets for a long time.  

-------------------

Im not even going to go into the hound precepts right now.   But please think about robot pets as a whole..  make a unified mods list.   Sentinels, Moa, and Hounds still have specific unique mods/augments to individualize them.  

Lmao almost that bad..  they are tough and stack up evenly or come out ahead on DPS..  hound melee vs normal dog.. would be close.. except hound melee's might have rivens ?? 

I mastered and deleted all 3 hound heads.  Then i built my own custom hound that I thought looked the coolest.   Everyone who has seen it has liked it.   Low Level players gawk at it and crouch look it over lol.  

11 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

These things cost 200k, a bunch of toroids, and other resources to make btw.  

And that's a Hard Pass for me....

I dont know if that was a "decision" or a mistake....

It was a decision.... It would literally be easier to program the hounds to be just a variation of Beasts that can all use the same mods barring Precepts....

Any exceptions have to be custom coded not to work... Hence if Hunter Recovery doesn't work... Guess what... It was on purpose... They finally make a pet with some free slots available and what do you know you can't put on the mods you actually want to use.... Classic DE... 

I think its safe to say Sheldon really screwed the pooch on pets 2.0.

Sheldon-Cooper-Big-Bang-Theory-Jim-Parso

You hear that, Sheldon ? Get you're god damn #&#_ Together... Jesus !!!

7 hours ago, TaricTheAncient said:

Hounds are just Mastery fodder atm. Only useful pets are Smeeta and Panzer Vulpaphyla imo. Falling Over GIF

Shame... Chesacrate didn't make the cut 😭 !!!

9 hours ago, Omega-ZX said:

I like hounds. Useless? Nah... Diversified Denial or or what i call it the Cerberus-Mod is one of the best things. My hound never dies. A good decoy in high missions.

Is that one actually good?  I only have mine using the precept that steals Eximus Auras.  he doesn't die ultra fast but I'm not running him on steal path. 

On 2021-10-19 at 4:28 AM, TaricTheAncient said:

Hounds are just Mastery fodder atm. Only useful pets are Smeeta and Panzer Vulpaphyla imo. Falling Over GIF

Pretty much. Only exception is Helios if you are trying to fill your codex for the simulacrum. But that's really just for sidequest/utility not any good in most regular situations. 

Djinn has some decent revive mechanics that makes it useful longer than a lot of companions. But for the most part I agree. Companions are in a pretty sorry state and I cannot remember the last time I used anything but Smeeta and the occasional pulling out of Helios for new enemies. 

On 2021-10-19 at 1:28 AM, TaricTheAncient said:

I disagree.

Helios is useful, Dethcube is useful, Oxylus is useful.

As for four legged companions I think you're pretty much spot on but there are some useful sentinels for sure.

I don't think it's worth using them....I prefer things that give me feedback like searches like oxylus/helios or features like smeeta or sly that give you chances to ignore damage...they are the most useful in the game.

Voidfissure i always use oxylus

Sorties sly.

Steel essence/vitus=smeeta.

Archived