Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best melee weapon mr 8

(PSN)ivinyl45

Question

So I have recently jus hit mr 8 and I have currently been using the anku. But when I play against higher lever enemies 85+ I struggle. Like whatever mods I equip I just struggle to kill them. I have been reading articles on the internet and they say all the best weapons are like mr 10. So can someone suggest a good melee weapon for me to use.

9 answers to this question

As any experienced player will tell you, the mods matter more than the weapon itself.  I would even go as far to say that, for melee weapons, the Stance Mod matters more than the weapon itself.

So tell us, what is your playstyle, and what mods do you have on your weapon?  Which Melee Stances have you tried and liked, and which ones can you not stand?

Well, many melee weapons can fit to your goal. One of my favorites melee weapons is Sancti Magistar (I still use it sometimes) and it's a MR 8 weapon. If you like hammers, it will perhaps please you.

This being said, I don't think your problem is your weapon, but your build. Perhaps you just have to improve your mods and make a better build to be able to easy kill lvl 85+ enemies.

And don't focus on this kind of "best weapons rank", as it depends on how much you like a weapon and how much you want to invest on it (Orokin Catalyst, Forma, Max Mods, Arcanes...).

Anku is nice, but you can't use like the other scythes, because it has low slash damage, but high puncture damage, with low status chance. It has a nice speed attack and nice crit chance. You will have to consider this when you will make your build.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

And don't focus on this kind of "best weapons rank", as it depends on how much you like a weapon and how much you want to invest on it (Orokin Catalyst, Forma, Max Mods, Arcanes...).

As the guys above said, be sure to get an orokin catalyst, and 60 capacity worth of damage-elemental damage-attack speed-crit-critdmg mods.

As for weapons I would advise try to get 1 more rank and get to MR9, then try out lesion and ignis wraith, but almost all weapons are viable for normal content.

It's all about The Mods....

Primed Pressure Point.

Primed Fever Strike.

The Sacrificial Set.

Weeping Wounds.

Primed Fury.

Condition Overload.

The 60/60 Status Mods.

You gotta acquire these Mods...  Granted you can only get 3 Of then from Baro and 1 is a Tribute Reward... But when people say Melee is OP... They mean only if you have these Mods.

1. what's an mr8 doing against lv85+ enemies?

2. you should be farming good mods at lower level and making good builds, so when you actually get to fight lv85+ enemies, you can actually kill them.

3. because yeah just as toasty and everyone here said: good builds > good weapons.

4. if you're fighting appropriate enemies for mr8, any weapons are good. the enemies are so weak you can use whatever and they'll still die. 
use this opportunity to max the fodder weapons so you can increase your mr. doing it later will be a massive chore.

in short, ditch your main progression. sidequest to training arc instead. look for weapons to increase your mr, collect good mods and max them to equip on your main weapons. then go back to main progression after you're actually stronger.

good luck, tenno.

Broken War is solid and comes with a catalyst installed. Having solid mods matters more tbh, like correct elements vs faction, pressure point, crit/status mods etc.

You should be set for sortie level enemies with a solid set of base mods. Stiff like primed pressure point, etc is more useful for steel path.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

1. what's an mr8 doing against lv85+ enemies?

Sorties ?

Nightwave ?

It's easy to encounter those levels in those missions... And all you need is The 2nd Meme to unlock those.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

2. you should be farming good mods at lower level and making good builds, so when you actually get to fight lv85+ enemies, you can actually kill them.

It's hard to farm Endo at lower levels....

Also Deimos Bounty Enemies are pretty Tough and Deadly even at Level 50 😱....

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Sorties ?

Nightwave ?

It's easy to encounter those levels in those missions... And all you need is The 2nd Meme to unlock those.

It's hard to farm Endo at lower levels....

Also Deimos Bounty Enemies are pretty Tough and Deadly even at Level 50 😱....

i know people start doing sorties at mr5 nowadays, but i'm old school, i believe they shouldn't even think about it before at least mr13.
i mean if they do everything at mr8, watcha gonna do at mr29? got bored of everything and rant at forums? 🤣

mr8 enjoy life, man... hunt some animals collect some floofs, make a kdrive pretend you're marty mcfly for 15 minutes until you realize it suck, crack some relics make new primes.

deimos are friggin impossible.

i basically gave up and left it, conquer SP, come back with my SP gears, then i can finally start killing stuff there. again: with SP gears. idk how normal players approach it.

Archived