Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can i use AHK but not AFK?

I_Ultra_Plusmor_Prime_I

Question

5 answers to this question

It's always a bit of a gamble to use macros in Warframe.  Basically you're not allowed to use anything that plays the game for you. 

I've seen many people complaining about bans due to AHK, while others haven't had an issue.  Use at your own risk I guess, personally I wouldn't chance it.

This may not be a great question, but I am curious what sort of macro would be considered to be "playing the game for you." Like, if I make a hotkey that automatically run jump slide dashes repeatedly, basically moving forward as fast as possible on flat ground, when I hold a single key key, would that be considered pretty iffy? Versus one which like opens the menu and accepts a team invite or goes to the navigation map.

You could, though at your own risk, if the macro is just simplifying a string of action/inputs without repeating itself periodically/continuously.

Such huge grey area, but my respect to DE. For how they sacrifice monitoring resources, in exchange for players who have special needs or too old  to still enjoy the game without bashing dozens of keys every seconds.

Given that many other games straight up ban you for using any kind of macro, even if it's just remap.

8 hours ago, Jrezky said:

This may not be a great question, but I am curious what sort of macro would be considered to be "playing the game for you." Like, if I make a hotkey that automatically run jump slide dashes repeatedly, basically moving forward as fast as possible on flat ground, when I hold a single key key, would that be considered pretty iffy? Versus one which like opens the menu and accepts a team invite or goes to the navigation map.

It stops when you stop? Doesn't Autopilot on its own?

Then its fine.

as long as it requires human interaction its OK to use.

Yes, DE does give mixed messages on this. Reb&company have verbally stated the above, yet community moderators will often contradict this or play it safe by saying 'at own risk'

Archived