Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven stats

WhoWantsToKnowMyGame

so i dont know what RNG stats on specific weapons are, like i dont know if it also depends on disposition or if RNG is same for all weapons ... but i just nearly spent 1 MILLION (let that sink in) kuva on 6 dual kamas rivens and best thing i got was +CC +RNG +DMG - COMBO DURATION !! , im trying my best to not spend 3k-5k on a riven market, instead im rolling it myself but this is not fun .... can u at least add something like a item that can change one of the stats for random one ? like rare/legendary Sortie drop `?`or maybe if u roll it 100 times u get that one extra stat roll for you to use on that specific riven 1 time ? like... unreal man... 1 million kuva.... 950k exact...
Any toughts `?

i personally find riven as BS and people who are heavily invested as dumb. but that's just my opinion, i understand others wanting to milk that extra 1% boost if possible.

with that said, its RNG as you said, having one stat stay the same, beats the point of RNG and thus those 3k-5k BS plat prices.

RIVENs ARE NOT NEEDED to get a perfectly fine build for any weapon(only stat sticks benefit the most with rivens), so i don't see any reason to make that kind of item. 

25 минут назад, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame сказал:

Any toughts `?

read a book or go somewhere. i mean 1kk kuva is not that much if you farm SP with a booster. but...

7 минут назад, Dauggie сказал:

i personally find riven as BS and people who are heavily invested as dumb. but that's just my opinion

^this

il y a 10 minutes, Dauggie a dit :

RIVENs ARE NOT NEEDED to get a perfectly fine build for any weapon(only stat sticks benefit the most with rivens), so i don't see any reason to make that kind of item. 

This is a dumb way thinking.
Yes rivens are not needed, but they are part of the game so you can't just you can't just ignore them and say they aren't worth it, when someone try to find solution to fix them.

If we think like that we can ignore 99% of the game content because x weapon is already enough or y build is better. But doing this is not healty for the game.

Riven mods are lootboxes.

And there is only a single game, which implemented lootboxes in a way, that's actually improving the game itself and that's Lootbox Simulator.

In every other game the game is made worse by having them. This includes Warframe.

i dont how long u guys play this game but u know that before rivens noone really used melee weapons, so its was a good way to make melee viable, but conversation here is about RNG stats on rivens , how frequently one stat comes and like other u see once in 40 rolls

15 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

i mean 1kk kuva is not that much

what is 1kk kuva for you ?!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb WhoWantsToKnowMyGame:

i dont how long u guys play this game but u know that before rivens noone really used melee weapons, so its was a good way to make melee viable

I'm playing since the Stormbringer Update.

Riven didn't make melee viable, but the ongoing development of the games melee and movement systems. If you want to point to one exact moment, when melee became viable, it was, when Scott talked on dev-stream, how well he was doing on his testbuild with only armed with a Skana.

And I'm saying that as sombody, whose most used weapon across all categories is the Prisma Dual Cleavers. I stuck with melee from the very beginning, before coptering with the regular dual cleavers, became meme-worthy.

So, please don't try to play the 'Uh, actually...'-card. Rivens never made anything better.

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

i personally find riven as BS and people who are heavily invested as dumb

Pretty much this....

I rolled my Hystrix Riven 105 Times and the Best I could Come Up with was.... Hang on let me Check ...

202% Critical Chance.

143% Critical Damage.

-43% Magazine Capacity

It doesn't so so bad but really I wanted Punch Through so that Maggy can use this Weapon 😭....

After 105 Rolls I was expecting MOAR !!!

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

Yes rivens are not needed, but they are part of the game so you can't just you can't just ignore them and say they aren't worth it, when someone try to find solution to fix them

Nope... They are pretty Dumb....

Atleast Galvanized Mods are Predictable.... Mostly.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

If we think like that we can ignore 99% of the game content because x weapon is already enough or y build is better. But doing this is not healty for the game

It doesn't need to apply to the whole game.... Just to the parts with Bull #_#_ RNG in it 😁.

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

Riven mods are lootboxes.

And there is only a single game, which implemented lootboxes in a way, that's actually improving the game itself and that's Lootbox Simulator.

In every other game the game is made worse by having them. This includes Warframe.

This !!! +1

1 hour ago, Walkampf said:

So, please don't try to play the 'Uh, actually...'-card. Rivens never made anything better

if this is one of those "smartass" moments , man i dont really need that ... people started using S#&$ weapons bit more after rivens, u cant say rivens never made anything better... which is nonsense.....
you´re playin this game 6 months longer then me , so dont act like god almighty/all knowing... why is it that people on internet always need to be smartasses jesus #*!%... stay on topic dude...

4 hours ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

But i just nearly spent 1 MILLION (let that sink in) kuva on 6 dual kamas rivens and best thing i got was +CC +RNG +DMG - COMBO DURATION !!

Those are good status, not godly but good. You dont really need a godly Riven to make a weapon perform great in missions. Combo Duration is only necessary if you plan on building for Heavy Attacks and/or Bloodrush/Weeping Wounds which are also not necessary and very overrated in build in my opinion, anyways you can equip Arcanes to you Primary/Secondary to counter this.

Im trying my best to not spend 3k-5k on a riven market, instead im rolling it myself but this is not fun ....

Spending that much Platinum on anything in-game is ridiculously dumb. No Riven should be worth that much. Yes, Rolling rivens isnt fun because you wont always get what you are looking for but then again as i stated above, you dont need a Godly one to perform well in the game.

Can you at least add something like a item that can change one of the stats for random one ? like rare/legendary Sortie drop `?`

I would prefer an item that allowed you to lock a single status so it isnt rolled anymore and let the player try their luck on the other two.

As for the Item rarity, maybe in the same rarity as the Rivens them self. Shotgun Rivens are pratically non-existant from how rarely they drop and Legendary Cores are once in a life time (My self having only gained 1 from Sorties since the game mode was introduced into the game).

like... unreal man... 1 million kuva.... 950k exact...
Any toughts `?

I think you are spending too much Kuva on a single riven and expecting too much from it.

There is a very good video by kengineer breaking down Rivens by rarity. You sound like your trying to roll 3 great stats + a negative that isn't too bad that's the rarest type of riven and looking for it specifically will have you looking at 5608 rolls to get it on average.  1mil kuva is a drop in the bucket compared to the average number of rolls needed to get that half the time.

Assuming you have average luck (get it around the time it becomes more likely you have it so over 50%) you need 19628000 kuva. so about 20times what you have done for a 50/50 shot. 1/4 people willing to commit to this will need double that 1/8 quadruple and so on.  

Assuming your grinding sp with a a booster for this that's 4 steel essence per 5 minutes so every 75mins gives 40k kuva in addition to whatever bonus you get running kuva survival, lets round to a total 50k for simplicities sake. you will also obtain 15 arcanes in this time period. that's 400, 75 minute intervals to reach the needed kuva. on average you will get 30 plat every 21 arcanes on that timescale so assuming you have full gun arcanes and sell all your sets of 21 you will make 8.5k plat off arcanes before you roll a god riven.

TLDR if you attempt to roll a god roll the most efficient way you will actually grind out 1.5 times the plat needed to buy it outright in arcanes as a side effect assuming middling rng. with bad rng you can probably buy 3 before rolling 1. 

13 hours ago, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

so i dont know what RNG stats on specific weapons are, like i dont know if it also depends on disposition or if RNG is same for all weapons ... but i just nearly spent 1 MILLION (let that sink in) kuva on 6 dual kamas rivens and best thing i got was +CC +RNG +DMG - COMBO DURATION !! , im trying my best to not spend 3k-5k on a riven market, instead im rolling it myself but this is not fun .... can u at least add something like a item that can change one of the stats for random one ? like rare/legendary Sortie drop `?`or maybe if u roll it 100 times u get that one extra stat roll for you to use on that specific riven 1 time ? like... unreal man... 1 million kuva.... 950k exact...
Any toughts `?

Can't have it both ways.

Warframe is a 'free to play' 'pay to skip grind' game.

meaning there's a correlation between Paying and having Fun.  no pay = at mercy of RNG and un-fun Grind

its all part of the business model that keeps the lights on. for that reason a Stat Locking/Choosing mechanism will never be implemented

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

meaning there's a correlation between Paying and having Fun.  no pay = at mercy of RNG and un-fun Grind

Not Quite...

I forked over Real Money Once and even with a Discount Coupon the value I got back in return was Dissapointing.... Paying Definitely does alleviate some of the frustration but does it turn it in to fun ?

Well... Every Tenno is going to have fork over their Pound of Flesh and then decide for themselves...

On 2021-10-21 at 8:44 AM, lukinu_u said:

Yes rivens are not needed, but they are part of the game so you can't just you can't just ignore them and say they aren't worth it,

You can completely ignore rivens. You saying you can't is a "dumb way of thinking".

il y a une heure, (XBOX)Rez090 a dit :

You can completely ignore rivens. You saying you can't is a "dumb way of thinking".

What is dumb isn't to ignore them in the current state of the game, but to ignore solutions people try to brings to fix them.

But yeah, you can just ignore that and continue complain about riven being useless.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You used to be able to.... But now you genuinely can't anymore since is Galvanized Mods are The new Standard... I've had to use Rivens to Keep Up.

ok ... turns out... i was fu**in blind , and didnt realized about some arcanes for primary & secondary that have + combo duration , like primary dexterity for example ... +7.5 combo duration which completely counters my negative -combo duration.... so i was wasting my time and kuva trying to get a perfect riven for dual kamas , when i already had it , with that arcane equipped on my primary , i kill the enemies 40-50% faster in simulacrum..... like HOLY SH*T .... what was i thinkin ....  thx anyway for help or no help or whatever u guys discussed here

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The New Meta.... Galvanized Mods....

I vehemently Despise them... Hence in order to keep up I've resorted to Rivens....

"keeping up" might be a problem

for some of my lower disposition weapons, I find that Rivens just aren't worth the mod slots in favor of Galvanized stuff.

Damage/Multishot Rivens while once being considered the best, have questionable value nowadays. considering the Galvanized CO and Galvanized MS often have higher potential.

On 2021-10-21 at 5:07 AM, WhoWantsToKnowMyGame said:

Any toughts `?

No worries, there are more people used up FAR more Kuva on ONE Riven and yet still not getting that god roll whatsoever. I personal record is around 1040 rolls on a single Riven and it was nowhere near a god riven. And there are two or three Rivens with even more rolls in existence to my knowledge. And then there are people who got god rolls in just few rolls. It’s all RNG. Overall the chances of getting that god roll through farming Kuva and rolling are very low. And only extremely few players got lucky. 

Archived