Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 21 - Accepted Items & Release Date

TennoGen will return with Round 21! Twenty-one original pieces are coming to the Origin System in the near future!

Because our teams are working diligently to complete and release The New War content update for you before the end of this year, we have made the decision to move the release of Round 21 to early 2022. In the interim, our team will be working towards transferring these items to all platforms for our console Tenno as well!

For artists, please note that this later release of Round 21 will not affect our TennoGen review cadence. Our Round 22 Deadline is scheduled for March 7 2022 at 2PM ET!

With that all said, here’s a look at what’s coming in TennoGen Round 21:

Warframe Skins

Weapon Skins

Syandanas

Armor Pieces

Landing Crafts

Operator Accessories

The 21 items making up Round 21 will be released in two waves, with the first arriving on February 9th 2022 and the second arriving later in February. 

TennoGen Round 21 Part 1, Releasing February 9 2022 

TennoGen Round 21 Part 2, Release Date To Be Announced

If you have a favourite item that didn’t make it in, don’t be afraid! We’ll be working with several creators throughout the end of the year to get their items across the finish line in time for the Round 22 submission deadline in 2022. Typically, technical or stylistic issues are the primary cause for an item not being included, but we do our best to help pieces with a lot of promise make it into the game.

Artists can expect the feedback mentioned above to be sent out within the next few weeks. As always, if you’re an artist and you’d like some feedback on your submitted pieces, please feel free to reach out and we’ll do our very best to prepare & send a quick writeup for you!

What is the TennoGen Program?

TennoGen Steam Workshop is Warframe content created by Tenno, for Tenno. Incredible artists from the Warframe fan community submit designs for weapon skins, armor, Warframe skins and helmets to be reviewed by our internal art department. If accepted by Digital Extremes, the items are implemented into Warframe, and the TennoGen artist receives a 30% revenue share on the Steam sale of their creations. By adding TennoGen items to your collection, not only are you upping your Fashion Frame, you’re supporting community artists!

Please note that to submit skins you will need a considerable amount of experience with texturing and various 3D modeling software. All skins will be reviewed by members of the Digital Extremes art department.

Read the Complete TennoGen FAQ here

• Like 31

You guys should really give more freedom to artists, the Wisp Zamariu one is fine but the 1.0 version was really good looking.

Spoiler

Eth4i7BVkAsqy_i.jpg

?imw=512&&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imc

Why not just give them more freedom? Not all the freedom of course to not deviate too much but just more, this isn't even the first time this happened.

Also 4 wisp skins in one round is a lil too much, was anything else completely unacceptable and those were the only ones or something

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Monochromeatic said:

Four wisp skins feels a tad excessive considering some frames still only have one.

It's a good thing those Wisp skins didn't prevent any other Warframes from getting a skin then, because TennoGen doesn't have a limit or "slots" to each Round. In fact, I don't think there were any skins at all submitted for a Warframe this Round that only had 1 skin beforehand (unless then I can be proven wrong). Can't really add something that isn't there. And the one that I do recall, being Protea *did* get accepted, so, there's that.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Why not just give them more freedom? Not all the freedom of course to not deviate too much but just more, this isn't even the first time this happened.

I mean isn't it pretty subjective in terms of what it means to have freedom in regards to TennoGen? Technically, anyone can submitted anything to the Workshop, of course as long as it's appropriate and within the guidelines. What I see you more or so complaining about is an item being previously denied (meaning it can't be used anymore) and being updated to a version you don't like. Is the issue around the process or the result? Because if it's former, then not every item gets denied their first time (in fact, the other 3 Wisp skins also were submitted just for this Round). But if it's the result, then I feel like that's a different situation.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Also 4 wisp skins in one round is a lil too much, was anything else completely unacceptable and those were the only ones or something

Hmm, I wonder if there were any other skins accepted for this Round... such a good question.

20 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

I definitely do ponder on such an intricate thought. Really does tickle the brain doesn't it? (Don't worry, I'm just joking, I've already explained this in my previous post that this isn't an issue).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

What I see you more or so complaining about is an item being previously denied (meaning it can't be used anymore) and being updated to a version you don't like

No, it's more about artist having a little less limitations, it's already very limiting and even when an artist follows the guidelines they can still get rejected because they don't like some detail even though it's within the rules.

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

definitely do ponder on such an intricate thought. Really does tickle the brain doesn't it?

I actually gave some thought and what I said about 4 wisps is dumb, there were rounds with more than one skin before and there was also a recent round with 3 baruuk skins if I recall. If most artist are making Wisp skins then it's highly likely that we would get a bunch of them

• Like 4

15 hours ago, p_silveira said:

DE be like
"heard you like Wisp".

More like 
"Im gonna do what is called a "Belle Delphine Move"
and Start like there is no Tomorrow"

23 hours ago, Monochromeatic said:

Four wisp skins feels a tad excessive considering some frames still only have one.

There should be a maximum of TWO Skins for a Single Frame per Round

And Im saying this even as a Baruuk Main who got 3 Skins last Round.

And there are some other Skins right now which quality is mind blowing, like
the Oberon Coven Skin: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2373617714&searchtext=

I mean, look at the amount of Awards the Community gave to that Skin. 
Something like that Should be a Factor to take into Consideration when Deciding
the order in which these Skins are gonna be Released In.

• Like 14

I really love Wisp, I consider her up there in frames I use a lot...but 4 skins in 1 round I feel is kinda excessive since there are other frames who haven't had much love like she obviously had. Legit there was entries for other frames I'm kinda unsure why they weren't picked.

• Like 8

There actually could've been more Wisps, and we even were at some point planning to release them all at once as a meme, but some weren't finished in time, so we only have four.

Very sad, but such is life. 

Edited by Vulbjorn
  • Like 3