Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 21 - Accepted Items & Release Date

8 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

No, it's more about artist having a little less limitations, it's already very limiting and even when an artist follows the guidelines they can still get rejected because they don't like some detail even though it's within the rules.

Can you give an example of that at least? Because here's the thing, DE has already stated they've been levying the TennoGen guidelines restrictions ever since Round 19, and I kinda believe that considering how varied and plentiful each Round has been since them has been. So I'm really not sure what *more* would you want.

7 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

There should be a maximum of TWO Skins for a Single Frame per Round

That's a terrible idea. If 3 skins were submitted for a Warframe in a single Round, and all of them were acceptable and perfect by DE's standards, what sense would it make to deny one of them because there's more than two? At this point, I feel like people who suggest this really have no idea how TennoGen works; because DE is supposed to give feedback for most denied items for them to change / improve for next time, and simply saying "lol just submit it next time buddy" isn't feedback at all. It's just unnecessary.

7 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I mean, look at the amount of Awards the Community gave to that Skin. 
Something like that Should be a Factor to take into Consideration when Deciding
the order in which these Skins are gonna be Released In.

DE has already said that not only do they not really factor popularity / votes for item acceptance, but they even have a guidelines and standards for TennoGen with the purpose of determining the acceptance of those items. I get that you might be disappointed because your most wanted skin didn't get in, but trust me, you don't want a system that accepts items into the game with no consideration for the quality of said item. I can show you a chilling example of what happens when you don't *cough*TF2*cough*.

2 hours ago, Arthegall said:

Seeing 4 wisp skins in one Tennogen when she already has so many skins is incredibly annoying. 

Are we talking Workshop skins or accepted? Because she only has 2 skins in-game. Skins that are still waiting to be accepted / previously don't really matter or count.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

Can you give an example of that at least? Because here's the thing, DE has already stated they've been levying the TennoGen guidelines restrictions ever since Round 19, and I kinda believe that considering how varied and plentiful each Round has been since them has been. So I'm really not sure what *more* would you want

Loki Jotunheim, sildarg syandana, there's a Wisp helmet Co... something don't remember the name.

But you're probably right and it's just overreacting in my part, I don't like when someone's vision is force changed by someone else and I was following this Wisp skin development since the concept art and when it changed because horns aren't allowed apparently, the body changed too, I was disappointed.

I'm not the creator or DE so I can't know the full reason why it was changed, or anything else for that matter, maybe it really was technical reasons. If it's stylistic reason then it really sucks when that happens, wish they would be less strict about that, not too much to let like... Anime eyes and mouth helmet into the game of course.

How did corail diadem and oculus papilon get accepted but not the ion obelix stuff (shoulder, chest, syandana) the kopp'tr backpack, the ion revenant skin, the onryo revenant helmet, lamassu shoulder armour, sevagoth caleuche helmet, ion Gan shoulder armour, Xiphrix chest plate and the ion operator mask. also there are too many wisp skins. DE should really accept more items than just 21 because some tend to not be as wanted as other better items.

Edited by soul9448
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, soul9448 said:

How did corail diadem and oculus papilon get accepted but not

I don't know, but the most I can say is that those items did not affect any of the items you are complaining about that didn't get in. Because that's just not how this system works, as I said before, there's no slots or limit to TennoGen so nothing can be taken from another.

Now I can't say either why these items were not accepted, but for the ones that I bolded, they weren't because of simply: they weren't updated before the Round. Heck, one of them hasn't been touched since 2018. I think the ION Gan Shoulder Armor might be a similar situation as those, but not sure if that was meant to be a resubmission, as the only update was labelled as a "reupload". Either way, hopefully that let's you understand it more clearly.

DE should really accept more items than just 21 because some tend to not be as wanted as other better items.

I mean, last two Rounds had 29 items... and I can guarantee you that DE doesn't look at "what's better", they look at what's acceptable by their standards. TennoGen isn't really is a competition, more like a regulated collaboration, if that makes sense.

• Like 2

On 2021-10-22 at 7:51 AM, Scruffel said:

It's a good thing those Wisp skins didn't prevent any other Warframes from getting a skin then, because TennoGen doesn't have a limit or "slots" to each Round. In fact, I don't think there were any skins at all submitted for a Warframe this Round that only had 1 skin beforehand (unless then I can be proven wrong). Can't really add something that isn't there. And the one that I do recall, being Protea *did* get accepted, so, there's that.

Gauss only had 2 skins prior to this. led2012 made a new Zamariu skin for him that did not get accepted, yet wisp got 4 skins. Wtf are you on about, this dude made a completely valid point.

Edited by Steel_Sentry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steel_Sentry said:

Gauss only had 2 skins prior to this. led2012 made a new Zamariu skin for him that did not get accepted, yet wisp got 4 skins. Wtf are you on about, this dude made a completely valid point.

Except, no. We were clearly referencing Warframes that only had 1 skin beforehand, not ones who had 1 skin submitted (even though I believe there was 2 skins actually for Gauss). And again, Wisp getting 4 skins has no affect on other skins / items being accepted or denied. Causation =/= correlation. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steel_Sentry said:

Are there a lot of high-quality Gauss skins that got passed over? A lot of this seems like a product of what the individual artists are interested in making, rather than DE making decisions that favor one frame or another.

• Like 3